PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 09.17.10 Update**VINdows Phone**Plutonium*Neodium*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
Correction. It wasn't "abused", it was an opportunity many took is all. Sprint allowed people to take the plan despite not being employees. I did nothing that's labeled as abuse. Quite the opposite actually, I called and talked to Customer Service, explained that I wasn't an employee, but people seemed to be getting this plan anyway, and she signed me up. My dad and wife too. I mean...what's really wrong with taking the best option out there at the time?
Sprint's retention sucked, since many were flocking to AT&T for the ibone. So SERO was a means for Sprint to increase their subscriber base with "sticking" power ... SERO-folk would stay. It got them through some tough years (ibone exclusivity period with AT&T), so now we're seeing them trying to milk this. First, they stopped allowing newer phones on SERO in an attempt to covert these to their more expensive plans...they saw SERO plans dying w/o corresponding conversions. So now they're trying the $10/$20 fee for newer phones on SERO. Just watch, if this still doesn't work, they'll start "waiving" the 10/20 fee.

Last edited by Recursion; 09-22-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

rotty2004 is a n00b

Hi all,

New to this ROM. Loaded it yesterday and it is one of the best i've seen. Would love to keep it except that I can not dial to any of my contacts!

I'm using Sept 14 Plut - On Sprint.

All my contacts are saved with the +1 in front of them (Outlook).

Anyone found a work around? I really don't want to modify my contacts to remove the +1 since i travel quite a bit and need the +1 when out of the country.

Any help will be appreciated!
Old 09-22-2010, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
Understandable, we're using a frankly discontinued OS. And yeah, I am more than fine with 09.16 Pluto NO-CHT, freakin' rocks.

Question about the ROM though, I seem to be missing a lot of the standard system sounds (ringtones and alarms). Anyone got them and could zip/rar them up or something? Would really appreciate it
If you look at the paperclip for this thread, you will find all of the standard system sounds in a zipfile called "winmosounds". I grabbed the Simplicity Ringtone and installed it, and it works fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotty2004 View Post
Hi all,

New to this ROM. Loaded it yesterday and it is one of the best i've seen. Would love to keep it except that I can not dial to any of my contacts!

I'm using Sept 14 Plut - On Sprint.

All my contacts are saved with the +1 in front of them (Outlook).

Anyone found a work around? I really don't want to modify my contacts to remove the +1 since i travel quite a bit and need the +1 when out of the country.

Any help will be appreciated!
I haven't had this problem but I've seen posts about this in the past. Here's a link:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...ng#post1904305

Or do a search in this thread on "dialing"
Old 09-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Here are some...

http://www.4shared.com/file/UJnI3ifi/bitez.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
If you look at the paperclip for this thread, you will find all of the standard system sounds in a zipfile called "winmosounds". I grabbed the Simplicity Ringtone and installed it, and it works fine.

Thanks to both of you! However, I popped all those files in the \Windows dir, soft reset, and not all of them show up when I go to select sounds in the Settings
Old 09-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
Thanks to both of you! However, I popped all those files in the \Windows dir, soft reset, and not all of them show up when I go to select sounds in the Settings
I believe certain sounds have to be .wav files to be recognized as an alarm sound, and perhaps others.

You can use winff to covert sounds to .wav.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Lurker

rotty2004 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
I haven't had this problem but I've seen posts about this in the past. Here's a link:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...ng#post1904305

Or do a search in this thread on "dialing"
Hi Kirstein, thanks for your reply. I did a search in the forum and threads, problem is that when i go to Phone > menu > i don't see 'global smart dialing' in there. I think that reply you are pointing me to is from a time when the ROM was cooked with more options under that menu.

I've played with all the settings I could think of and even tweaked some registry entries trying to get it working... no luck so far. I'd hate to give this ROM up, that's the reason I'm asking for ideas.

thanks again for your help
Old 09-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotty2004 View Post
Hi Kirstein, thanks for your reply. I did a search in the forum and threads, problem is that when i go to Phone > menu > i don't see 'global smart dialing' in there. I think that reply you are pointing me to is from a time when the ROM was cooked with more options under that menu.

I've played with all the settings I could think of and even tweaked some registry entries trying to get it working... no luck so far. I'd hate to give this ROM up, that's the reason I'm asking for ideas.

thanks again for your help
+ code doesnt work anymore.It used to work on my old ROMs with sprint phone canvas (smaller buttons).
Old 09-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Lurker

rotty2004 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
+ code doesnt work anymore.It used to work on my old ROMs with sprint phone canvas (smaller buttons).
Thanks for chipping in VIN!

Are you planning on changing this on future builds or my only option would be to edit all my contacts and remove the +1?
Old 09-23-2010, 05:39 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Few Days ago my "My Location" for weather stopped updating anyone know why? Other towns work fine just not "My Location".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development