PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jason559 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to jason559 Send a message via MSN to jason559
Re: 09.17.10 Update**VINdows Phone**Plutonium*Neodium*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Could be radio or prl thing.Task 29 doesnt affecs the phone part of device....
Do a flash dance : shipped rom,then my rom,then prl
Thank you, updated PRL, if that doesn't work, will try a new radio then new reflash.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
Hey VIN how much free ram do you get on the titanium only version of your ROM after soft reset? is it noticeably faster than the other versions? I'm trying to find a clean ROM with a couple basic HTC apps like youtube and camera and album and such that I can overclock and make it really fly
I think its 102mb free.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

vin ?
is there an app that could help me get the msl from my sprint tp2 i can not remember it lol
Old 09-18-2010, 05:25 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
vin ?
is there an app that could help me get the msl from my sprint tp2 i can not remember it lol

Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz
This is currently the only method that i know of to be avaliable for touch pro 2 and sprint....baf and getspc no longer work but this method does.

If you have a Sprint Touch Pro2 this is the only way to get your MSL other then to call sprint.
1. You need a Reg edit tool like PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
2. Go to HKLM\Software\HTC\ATDbgLog
3. Edit item called "Enable" and change from "0" to "1" (leave out quotes.) Save changes.
4. Exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
5. Shutdown/turnoff device.
6. Turn back on.
7. Once turned on leave running for 1 minute or longer (a log files is being created durring this time in the "\Atlog" folder.)
8. After 1 min go back into registry and set value back to "0". Make sure to save changes and exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
9. Shutdown device again and turn back on.
10. Varify that the Registry value is still set to "0", if not then repeat above steps and wait 1 min before shutting down the second time in step 9.
11. Now you should open Explorer and go to the folder "\Atlog" in the root directory of your device.
12. You shoould see a file called "ATDbg0" (the "0" may be another number like 1), if your using another file browser you may see the full file name include the "xtx" extention. This file is a text file and can be opened in Word mobile.
13. open the file and use the find feature to locate "RMSL", you should soon find a line item that includes a 6 digit number, this is your MSL code.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:31 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsy77 View Post
Yeah, I'm excited Kinda like getting a new phone all over again, especially when overclocking is getting more tweaked and stable
No doubt!! Vin's latest Pluto CHT is pretty quick, and stellar even when gently OC'd. Since 2.0 is a ground-up refinement (speed/stability), we're gonna be super spoiled after it comes out. Wait. We already are spoiled!

Btw: Vin's latest Pluto-CHT has been the most OC-friendly so far for me.

And Vin, your question: "Is OC stable enough to cook in?"

For me, absolutely! For the majority, I don't think so.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

I flashed the most recent CHT Pluto, but I am unable to connect to any open WI-Fi hotspot. I Tasked 29 again and reflashed, same problem. Anyone elae?
Old 09-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
I flashed the most recent CHT Pluto, but I am unable to connect to any open WI-Fi hotspot. I Tasked 29 again and reflashed, same problem. Anyone elae?
I just connected to the WiFi at home no problem. It's not open, it's encrypted and SSID hidden, but it connects no problem.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X & TP2
Carrier: VZW

mugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Btw: Vin's latest Pluto-CHT has been the most OC-friendly so far for me.

And Vin, your question: "Is OC stable enough to cook in?"

For me, absolutely! For the majority, I don't think so.
Maybe we can con Vin into making a CHT with OC'ing at a good stable level. I that 2.0 CHT will be quicker then 1.X CHT, but I would be surprised if it was the same speed or faster then regular roms w/o CHT.

-The whole pleasure of marriage is that it is a perpetual crisis — GK Chesterton
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Is oc'ing stable enough to cook-in? I never used it...
Sure - I have been running OC-ed for more than a month with no hiccups, both on your PLUTO as well as your NEO flavors.

The problem with cooking it in is, there are several iterations of the OC-er floating around, and everyone has a favorite one. I think if you were to cook a particular version in, you might frustrate some folks that swear by whichever one it is that they are using.

My vote is -> keep it as an add - on. There really is nothing to gain by cooking it in.

O

P.S. Running latest 21916/2018 CHT, pretty smooth I must say. Not sure if the eye candy justifies the slight performance loss (IMO) vs 21914/2013 CHT, though.

Last edited by detule; 09-18-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708

Pluto_CHT gave me some problems last night.. I think CHT messed something up and it affected SIPChange. Had to hard reset using hardware buttons because soft and hard keyboard wouldn't work. I'm gonna task29 and try some No_CHT and Neo-No_CHT.. but Pluto_CHT was so fast!!! I literally forgot it was CHT rom numerous times..

About Overclocking.. You can always include it turned off by default. Also, doesn't one of those overclocking tools have different profile (i.e. Off, 628MHz, 728MHz, 768MHz, etc)?

Last edited by jae18708; 09-18-2010 at 03:16 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development