PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 05/09/10 Neodium & Plutonium (21903;23569).Co0kie & NO_Co0kie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
It happens to all my roms when activesync/wmdc not disabled on PC
I think in general, flashing through activesync or RUU is unreliable, whatever the rom. Since I started extracting the .nbh file and flashing from the SD card I haven't had a single bad flash. Once I started flashing from SD I stopped the "flash dance" that everyone recommends ( you know....flash back to stock....clear memory......flash.......clear memory.......rinse....repeat) without having any problems.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:30 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
I think in general, flashing through activesync or RUU is unreliable, whatever the rom. Since I started extracting the .nbh file and flashing from the SD card I haven't had a single bad flash. Once I started flashing from SD I stopped the "flash dance" that everyone recommends ( you know....flash back to stock....clear memory......flash.......clear memory.......rinse....repeat) without having any problems.
+1....I haven't flashed from the PC in months. Flashing from SD is the only way I flash anymore. I'm using an 8 gig card at the moment without any issues.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Long Live the TP2!
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

alohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

As for me, the USB method is 100% reliable. I do no open active sync, just connect the phone and flash. I have not done the "flash dance" since I was on the Mighty ROM a few months ago, but I still clear storage immediately after every flash. Pluto always flashes smooth and easy. Vin rocks!

If at first you don't succeed,
skydiving isn't for you.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Thanks, Vin!
i found out how at like 5am. lol
thanx vin man that was killing me cause the animated ones worked fine.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I love the Neodium ROM but is there anyway to change the Dialer? I installed GTX from the 2nd post which looks and works great with the ROM. I was wondering if there is a way to go back to the white dialer. Also I tried isntalling the Taskbar from the 2nd post hoping that it would turn the taskbar white but this is note the case. Anyway to keep the same Icons and make the taskbar background white? One Last. The bottom soft buttons. Is there a cab to make those white to match GTX?

This is a VERY good ROM! VERY Stable. I've been on this bad ROM journey on the last 4 or 5 flashes with something wrong in all. Not with this one. You fixed Video! One problem I was having was that files I converted using HTC Encoder wouldn't play sound on the Sprint Release and on Other ROMS the video would be Choppy. Your ROM does Videos Perfect! Thanks!

EDIT: Whoops I should mention this is the first time I've tried your ROM. Hope it didn't seem like I was saying I tried your last 4 or 5 ROMS.

Last edited by wud_e; 05-10-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Im still okay with flashing usb cable, never had an issue. I use Window device center to connect tp2 to my lappy. Hard reset asap upon completion of flash, then a clear storage right after the first boot up. Then my device starts humming like a Hemi.

chiming in....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post
+1....I haven't flashed from the PC in months. Flashing from SD is the only way I flash anymore. I'm using an 8 gig card at the moment without any issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohanela View Post
As for me, the USB method is 100% reliable. I do no open active sync, just connect the phone and flash. I have not done the "flash dance" since I was on the Mighty ROM a few months ago, but I still clear storage immediately after every flash. Pluto always flashes smooth and easy. Vin rocks!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:40 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

todays

Old 05-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

darren what cab did you use for removal of the top and bottom curtains.?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:47 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
darren what cab did you use for removal of the top and bottom curtains.?
actually none but usually this.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Manila 2.5 NoCurtain`s.cab (83.9 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 05-11-2010 at 02:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
Im still okay with flashing usb cable, never had an issue. I use Window device center to connect tp2 to my lappy. Hard reset asap upon completion of flash, then a clear storage right after the first boot up. Then my device starts humming like a Hemi.

chiming in....
when you are doing a hard reset and clear storage you are installing the OS 2 extra times. That's the "flash dance". When I flash from SD I don't bother with any of that, just provision and go. takes many minutes off the install.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development