PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 05:21 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 03/08/10 Sprint Neodium_V9 SYS 21895**Plutonium_V6 SYS 23544 "The Cookie Edition"

interesting! YOUTUBE APP made by YOUtube
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2010/03/10/n...ows-phone-s60/

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

mapcom1 is just getting started
Re: 03/08/10 Sprint Neodium_V9 SYS 21895**Plutonium_V6 SYS 23544 "The Cookie Edition"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
You mean to complitely kill it or disable it in specific application?
pretty much kill it unless i slide out the keyboard.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
it works on all my rom releases
Quote:
Next updates will be in the few days or weeks
For now Im happy with p-v6 and n-v9.

I totally agree with u VIN!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work

Guess I will be updating to V9! Thanks again vin!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:21 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks to mightymike, i'm loving this new taskbar. =D
http://www.mightyrom.com/2010/03/08/...droid-taskbar/

works perfectly on vin's p.v6
Old 03-10-2010, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

phantom92 is becoming a great contributor

can any one tell me which is a plutonium version that has all tabs.. (ereader,documents,footprints)
i have v6 and i love it.. i just want it with all tabs.. i use them..
Old 03-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Lurker

inayat is a n00b
Windows Messenging - Only Sent Messages appearing on PIM Backup restore

Heya.

First of all, thanks for the kickass ROM. I had some trouble with frequent crashing on V6 Plus when I extended the physical keyboard, but 7 seemed largely to fix that (it still occurs, but very infrequently).

I just moved to N9 but had an issue when restoring my messages with PIM backup. Everything seemed fine until I go into the windows messaging and look at my threaded txt conversations. In my conversations, the only text there is mine. It is a long series of

Me: blah blah

None of my historical received texts from my friends are there. The weird thing is that in the HTC txt messaging tab, the black HTC type display of the last text message shows the received texts. I can scroll and see the other 25 most recently received texts. These same texts, however, do not show in windows messenger. All I get is my sent texts. This puzzles me.

I am now reflashing it and will try to restore the same txt database that I restored when installing v7 to rule out something being wrong with the specific PIM Backup restore of my more recent texts. I have already tried a less recent version with the same results as above.

I should point out that I didn't have this problem with V6 or V7. With these, a PIM backup restore worked fine and all texts, received and sent, appeared in the threaded windows messenger.

Anyone else having this problem?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited by inayat; 03-10-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom92 View Post
can any one tell me which is a plutonium version that has all tabs.. (ereader,documents,footprints)
i have v6 and i love it.. i just want it with all tabs.. i use them..
I think RSTG and ENRG 6.5.X ROMs comes with all those tabs
Old 03-10-2010, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

phantom92 is becoming a great contributor

can u make one vin ?.. i think your 6.5.X ROMS are more stable
arent Rstg ROMS having the SOD problem..?
Old 03-10-2010, 09:32 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

Re: Windows Messenging - Only Sent Messages appearing on PIM Backup restore

Quote:
Originally Posted by inayat View Post
Heya.

First of all, thanks for the kickass ROM. I had some trouble with frequent crashing on V6 Plus when I extended the physical keyboard, but 7 seemed largely to fix that (it still occurs, but very infrequently).

I just moved to N9 but had an issue when restoring my messages with PIM backup. Everything seemed fine until I go into the windows messaging and look at my threaded txt conversations. In my conversations, the only text there is mine. It is a long series of

None of my historical received texts from my friends are there. The weird thing is that in the HTC txt messaging tab, the black HTC type display of the last text message shows the received texts. I can scroll and see the other 25 most recently received texts. These same texts, however, do not show in windows messenger. All I get is my sent texts. This puzzles me.

I am now reflashing it and will try to restore the same txt database that I restored when installing v7 to rule out something being wrong with the specific PIM Backup restore of my more recent texts. I have already tried a less recent version with the same results as above.

I should point out that I didn't have this problem with V6 or V7. With these, a PIM backup restore worked fine and all texts, received and sent, appeared in the threaded windows messenger.

Anyone else having this problem?

Any thoughts or suggestions?
that's not rom problem, it's pimbackup problem

here's details on how to restore perfectly.

for those who use pimbackup, here's a reminder before you flash

Quote:
SOLUTION FOR TEXT MESSAGE RESTORE VIA PIMBACKUP

for those having pimbackup issues or resending of text messages because of restore. check below

* after reflash of new rom
* put the phone into airplane mode / or turn off radio signal
* go into settings and change text message mode to CLASSIC
* reboot the phone
* make sure the phone's radio is still off after reboot
* launch pimbackup, restore the file
* reboot (optional)
* go back into settings and change text to THREADED
* reboot, make sure radio is still off
* once the phone loads up, go into your text inbox and you should see the phone auto sorting all the previous messages. make sure you wait til all the messages get sorted into threaded view.
* once the sorting is done, reboot the phone again
* after the phone loads up completely after the reboot, please turn your radio back on.
* this should restore everything without sending out multiple text messages to your friends.

This fixes the problem for several people that i've tried it with. Also i posted this guide before, but it was cached so i can't find it...

Mighty & Rico, please post this in the first page of this thread so that mod's won't remove it. also i think it should go in FAQ. Thanks

Hopefully this solves the problem for everyone.

Also hit thanks!
This post has been thanked 7 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development