PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Issues with animated/sound mms

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy6996 View Post
** ISSUES WITH ANIMATED MMS **

VIN-

Something changed in V2 with respect the the MMS software. In V1, you were able to view animated gif files that were sent via MMS. You were also able to listed to sound files.

After flashing to V2, I have noticed that I can no longer "play" animated files, nor am I able to play sound MMS attachments. I am about to flash back to V1 just to confirm. I also noticed that in V2 the MMS PC/VIDEO options menu has both CMDA and GSM locked down so you can't modify the settings. Also, in V1, there was 1 CDMA and 3 GSM entires for Sprint. In V2 there is still 1 CMDA, but only 2 GSM entries. I don't know if that makes any difference, but I figured I would point it out.

Thoughts?
Looks llike you solved this one? can you write small tut and attach that cab?

Last edited by vin255764; 01-28-2010 at 09:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff
Re: 01/27/10 SPRINT NEODIUM_V2 (SYS 21889 Sense UI 25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itster View Post
the simplified look of windows mobile (*any version) is the main reason the device runs so quick without touch flo 3d.
Gotta disagree with you boss and thats not really clear what you are saying. Titanium is definitely neater and cleaner but I would have to say its the underdog in the opinion of most users here. Its super plain looking, however, I can say without a doubt, Titanium uses at LEAST 10% less memory than does the TF3D. Simply said, if you want a nicer looking Today screen, you will pay for it with memory usage.

Last edited by reigndropz; 01-28-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
you might get customization error,depends on your machine and wmdc settings
which windows you have?
winxp pro ... i flashed with no issues ... on v2 now.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordant2 View Post
Man, I was hoping I wouldn't have to flash again! I just got everything set up the way I want it, lol! One small bug in version one. If you have facebook contacts, the current picture will not show up when they call. This was brought up by someone before but can anyone test this in version 2 and report back?
this doesnt seem to be a bug or maybe it is? but this is the issue and workaround ... its by design with manila now i think ... i noticed it and figured it out ... basically facebook pictures dont seem to be automatically assigned anymore as contact pic ... it wouldnt be saved as the outlook pic (contact pic) without you manually forcing it to save as outlook pic now. so basically different places reference contact/outlook pic and others seem to reference facebook pic lol, but to align them you basically go into a contact, edit contact, click picture in right hand top corner and assign to facebook pic, save/done with contact and now contact and facebook should now be the same.

Last edited by anand525; 01-28-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:45 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenvinhbao View Post
Yes, it does have the wifi router built in.
V2 works great too...as fast as V1, but it seems to me the battery is last longer on V2.

I did flash V2 around 3 PM, at that time, I have 50% battery and now, I still have 40%. Btw, i did use some internet and phone...

Thanks Vin
lol, no way in hell youll get any kind of accurate readings, you need the rom on longer than aday, most roms i use get better after all is loaded ect.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hey vin and v2 users,

just looking for a confirmation of what i see ... for facebook online album ... basically the link now works and shows a facebook user's albums but when i click on any given album, none of the pictures show up? i believe its still not working 100%?

btw .. this runs so nice!

Last edited by anand525; 01-28-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 800w

zimmy6996 is just getting started
** fix for animated mms messages **

** FIX MMS TO ALLOW ANIMATED MMS MESSAGES AND SOUND **

(THANKS GO OUT TO A RANGE OF PEOPLE FOR THIS ... VIN, MIGHTYMIKE, AND WHO KNOWS WHO ELSE ACTUALLY HELPED IN THIS, BUT THANK YOU ALL!)

This currently applies to both V1 and V2 of NEODIUM. My guess is that Vin will eventually add this to the current ROM, but until then ...

Basically what we found is that the original ArcSoft MMS package in the stock Sprint ROM (which is the one that is currently used in V1 and V2) doesn't allow for animated MMS, and some people have reported issues with sound attachments.

In my playing with MightyROM, which is more of a Multi Carrier ROM, I found that the ROM itself didn't have MMS pre-installed. You had to install an add-on CAB in order to get MMS working for Sprint (or whatever carrier for that matter). They link a file called MMS_Sprint_5_0_94_128c_10M.cab which turns out to be ArchSoft MMS v5.0.94.128 already provisioned for Sprint. I found that this CAB worked perfectly with MightyROM for MMS. Of course, at this point, I didn't realize that the stock MMS never worked properly because I actually starting running custom ROMS for day 1 on my TP2.

Which brings us to NEODIUM ... I found that animated MMS was not working in here. At first I thought it was something specific to V2, but after investigating, it apparently has been like that in all NEODIUM roms. After further discussions with VIN, I we concluded that the stock ArcSoft MMS program (which is the one that VIN is currently using) didn't even work correctly for animated MMS in stock Sprint ROMs. After talking with VIN, he gave me a procedure to install the custom MMS CAB to test if it resolved the problems, and I am happy to say, that it does. So at this point, you can install this patch, and it will fix animated MMS until such time that Vin might have the time to correctly cook this stock in to his ROM. So without further waiting ...

1) Download the updated MMS CAB file MMS_Sprint_5_0_94_128c_10M.cab from the end of this post, can copy to your storage card.

2) Soft reset your NEODIUM V1 or V2 install, so you are at a fresh boot.

3) Run the HTC task manager. (Start -> Tools -> Task Mgr)

4) Close the process tmail.exe

5) Start File Explorer and run the CAB file to install it.

6) Phone will soft reset once installed.

That is all you need to do to get this package installed. Once you reboot, you will find that you can receive animated MMS attachments and sounds. There is one further step I recommend taking on this however. This package when installed, defaults your MMS application to "Manual" for downloading MMS attachments. This means that when someone sends an MMS, you will get a notice that you have a message, but when you click it, you will be required to hit download to actually get the attachment. Normally the stock application has this option set to "Auto" so when someone sends and MMS, it just downloads it so when you get the alert you already have the MMS. That said, in order to make this change ...

1) Open your SMS / MMS application.

2) Hit Menu

3) Hit Pics/Video Options ...

4) Change the "Retrieval mode" option to "Auto"

5) Hit OK

YOU'RE DONE! ENJOY YOUR ANIMATED MMS ATTACHMENTS! (Make sure you send copies of the bouncing boobs over to me, okay?!?!?!?! )

-Zimmy6996
Attached Files
File Type: cab MMS_Sprint_5_0_94_128c_10M.cab (4.52 MB, 260 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

No Data app helps with battery life.Also killing voice command is a good idea too.
Anybody have battery monitor cab?
I had 100% in the evening and the same 100% in the morning if data disconnected.
If its running 100% in the evening and 70% inthe morning

Last edited by vin255764; 01-28-2010 at 11:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
No Data app helps with battery life.Also killing voice command is a good idea too.
Is this a cab to install to disable data when not in use? If so do you have it?
Old 01-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

Quote:
Anybody have battery monitor cab?
I had 100% in the evening and the same 100% in the morning if data disconnected.
If its running 100% in the evening and 70% inthe morning
here you go. what does the no data app do? will it still automatically turn on and off the data connection for email and weather?
Attached Files
File Type: cab arelasBatteryMonitor.cab (18.1 KB, 193 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development