PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
I can flash a 6.5.x rom directly on my 6.5 OS?
Yes, sorta. When you flash a ROM, you are replacing the "old" ROM data with the "new" ROM data.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
I can flash a 6.5.x rom directly on my 6.5 OS?
yes flashing removes the old OS and installs a new OS. it's like going from XP to Win7----they aren't upgrades, but OS changes.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w

mtnbkr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
yes flashing removes the old OS and installs a new OS. it's like going from XP to Win7----they aren't upgrades, but OS changes.
I've always thought the ROM was something on top of the OS. Am I mistaken? So a 6.5 rom must be installed on 6.5 and a 6.5.x rom must be installed on 6.5.x.

Since we're on this discussion and I believe it wasn't fully answered, what differences will I see between the two versions of the rom? I know the 6.5.x is more finger friendly as mentioned and the start is on the bottom. anything else? faster/slower?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I've always thought the ROM was something on top of the OS. Am I mistaken? So a 6.5 rom must be installed on 6.5 and a 6.5.x rom must be installed on 6.5.x.

Since we're on this discussion and I believe it wasn't fully answered, what differences will I see between the two versions of the rom? I know the 6.5.x is more finger friendly as mentioned and the start is on the bottom. anything else? faster/slower?
6.5.X little slower,higher RAM usage,but more finger friendly.
It has better startmenu organizing.
On 6.5 tap and hold-you get only 1 option:Move to Top.
On 6.5.X its little better and worth to flash and see yourself
Old 01-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Rockin' the Red!!

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:

No...6.5 or 6.5.x can be installed on your phone, your choice.

Those are the main two differences. 6.5 runs slightly quicker, but not that much quicker. 6.5 used to be considered more stable, but 6.5.x is just as stable now.

6.5.x also has driver support for the chick-ray, which is a hardware add-on device that connects to the USB port and BT simultaneously. It can be pointed at a target and send a focused multi-spectrum beam that makes hot chicks insanely hot for you. Just make sure you only hit one hotty at a time; the cat fights that have ensued in the past have resulted in felony charges and broken TP2s.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

buddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
It can be pointed at a target and send a focused multi-spectrum beam that makes hot chicks insanely hot for you. Just make sure you only hit one hotty at a time; the cat fights that have ensued in the past have resulted in felony charges and broken TP2s.
I just use the beer method...Rock the Red!!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Rockin' the Red!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywiser View Post
I just use the beer method...Rock the Red!!!
Yeah, that's cheaper and no radiation poisoning either. Second dates are pretty tough when she notices in the morning that her hair's falling out...

ROCK THE RED!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:19 AM

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
No...6.5 or 6.5.x can be installed on your phone, your choice.

Those are the main two differences. 6.5 runs slightly quicker, but not that much quicker. 6.5 used to be considered more stable, but 6.5.x is just as stable now.

6.5.x also has driver support for the chick-ray, which is a hardware add-on device that connects to the USB port and BT simultaneously. It can be pointed at a target and send a focused multi-spectrum beam that makes hot chicks insanely hot for you. Just make sure you only hit one hotty at a time; the cat fights that have ensued in the past have resulted in felony charges and broken TP2s.

DO NOT use this feature----my wife is effing pissed....but I now have 3 more hottys hanging out with me...having a Jello fight
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

hammester is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone else using a Sprint Airwave with this rom? It does not play very nicely with it. I get the #777 error a lot, calls that don't ring thru, and my internet does not work. Anywhere else outside of my house it works flawless when not connected to the Airwave. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
Old 01-26-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammester View Post
Does anyone else using a Sprint Airwave with this rom? It does not play very nicely with it. I get the #777 error a lot, calls that don't ring thru, and my internet does not work. Anywhere else outside of my house it works flawless when not connected to the Airwave. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Your airave may have been set up wrong. there's a function to allow all sprint users to hop on, and there's a feature to block all but ones you select. Call tech and they can set it up for you. i have one and have flashed 100's of times on a tp1 and tp2 and have never had an issue. also, try prl and profile update first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development