PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Just noticed something in FileExplore in Neo don't have the option to select some files instead of all. Did not know that was one of the differences. Really overall got to love Pluto but both are excellent.

Gary
Old 01-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w

mtnbkr is a n00b

How does the battery life compare with the stock? I am running the Jan 3 w/ 2.37 radio on Sprint. My wife runs stock. After the work day, with some usage I'm around 50%. My wife is at 80%+. She barely uses her phone during the day. Is this typical? It is hard for me to do an apples to apples comparison and I know my statements are a big apples to orange. Also, I use push mail which I know takes battery too. I remember having better battery life with stock and running push. Any thoughts?

Is there a way to calibrate the battery meter? It seems to drop quickly to 80% but then settles down. I have not tried to run past 20%. I know I read some posts about people stating they have 30+ minutes after 0% but didn't know if any of this is playing into my quick battery drain.

What do these programs do?
EPST? DM Router? Field Trial? PRL (requires code)?

I will say I enjoy the interace and the quickness of this rom. The radio has drastically improved signal.

Thanks.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Evo
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Solver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuff

I was told to completely drain the battery once in a while so the device will recognize the lower limits and give a more accurate reading. I ran Slacker until the phone died, then pull the battery, wait a minute, insert battery, power on, repeat. I had to do this probably 4 or 5 times.

When it finally wouldn't make it to Sense without shutting down I pulled the battery for 30 minutes. Put the battery back in and booted one more time. It made it to sense once more, so I left it alone and went to sleep. To my surprise, the phone was still powered up the next morning. I started Slacker and it died almost within a few minutes. Plugged in the charger, powered on, and left it alone until fully charged.

I noticed a great difference after all that. YMMV.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE
Smile Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
How does the battery life compare with the stock? I am running the Jan 3 w/ 2.37 radio on Sprint. My wife runs stock. After the work day, with some usage I'm around 50%. My wife is at 80%+. She barely uses her phone during the day. Is this typical? It is hard for me to do an apples to apples comparison and I know my statements are a big apples to orange. Also, I use push mail which I know takes battery too. I remember having better battery life with stock and running push. Any thoughts?

Is there a way to calibrate the battery meter? It seems to drop quickly to 80% but then settles down. I have not tried to run past 20%. I know I read some posts about people stating they have 30+ minutes after 0% but didn't know if any of this is playing into my quick battery drain.

What do these programs do?
EPST? DM Router? Field Trial? PRL (requires code)?

I will say I enjoy the interace and the quickness of this rom. The radio has drastically improved signal.

Thanks.
Again, go few pages back and there's couple different posts with lots of information for twkng and batt save and cabs.

Note- If you have, non stop, data download for whatever the reason, it will drain ur batt. Most of these (u r tlkng 'bout) goes back to common sense.

Hint- Vin's updates are already very nicely set. Only, besides ur usual twkng, batt save cab and manual updates (weather, mail, etc) the rest is still common sense.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE
Smile Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam247 View Post
Hello all,

I have recently sent our a request for fastest and most stable clean ROM to the PPC TP2 community, and VIN was kind enough to offer an invite to his entree of ROMs.

I have a question for his user base...

I use my phone for buisness so no gaming, but most everything else. I am a heavy txt/email user, as well as GPS for driving directions, and calendar (Pocket Informant v9). Plus I am on Sprint.

1. Do I use VIN's clean ROM dated 12/8?
2. Do I use his current NEO (some reference to VERIZON, so not sure there are some unnecessary apps for Verizon users)?

Thanks.
You can use either one since Vin's updates are so clean that they run on their own. It all depends on Vin's Roms what twkng u applied and addition of cabs (don't add 3 applications that will do the same!!!).

Pertaining radios, you use what works better for you, the addition of Sprint fix cab is a go (+4 for reception).

Give it a try and you'll see what I'm tlkng 'bout.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Touched Pro 2 is becoming a great contributor

Hello.

I just switched to the 12-8 naked neodium and it's working great! I just wanted to know (and the answer is probably no seeing as I scoured about 40 pages of this thread and part of the internets) if you can mod the wm dialer. What I mean is...can you increase the contact picture size or change the black background or anything like that. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Vin,

Kudos on the 1/3 ROM. Flashed it on the 4th and yesterday I unplugged at 11AM and ran errands and such with several calls/texts and 3 emails checking on 15min intervals and at 6PM last night, in my class I teach had to use my phone as a WiFi spot for 6 students installing Win7/Ubuntu 10.10 on laptops with internet access for all. The class needed first run upgrades plus following the step-by-step 45 step instructions needed for the courses "hands-on" day and didnt even get a low battery alert until 10PM and still had enough juice to keep the phone running until I got home at midnight (class ends at 11PM)

Great job Vin

DD

Old 01-11-2011, 07:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

yung18 is just getting started

if i flash the jan 03 rom with 2.37 radio to a sprint tp2. Can I then flash another rom and keep the radio?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff

From what I understand, yes, the radio you flash will remain unless you flash a Sprint stock rom that includes a raido or any other custom rom that might include a radio. Other than that, radio will stay.

Gary
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
ok flashed this ROM (latest NEO) last night and its great so farbut there are a couple of concerns

1) what's the version of MS Facebook included with this? seems like its an older version because my updates aren't refreshing.

2) the zoom bar doesn't seem to work in IE like it does in the stock rom or lead ROM. how to fix?
1. Not sure...maybe servers were having problems. Mine updated fine.
2. Not sure if this is what you mean, but to get the zoom bar up, you hit the bottom right icon (only one showing), then the magnifying glass (2nd over from the right, appears after hitting the sole bottom right one). That pulls up the zoom bar over here. Same zoom bar?

Last edited by Recursion; 01-11-2011 at 08:53 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development