PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Aug 20 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2018).No CHT.No RSS.No CFC.No LZX.No BL.No L

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
I never cook cfc.Thats my company policy:"only virgin packages"lol.
On the side note,I dont mean to be rude by saying "cfc crap".Its just my opinion.The way Im looking at cfc is like "bottled orange juice versus organic orange fruit lol"
Cheers Vin! I've been a big fan of your pure non-cfc builds and really appreciate your company policy, hehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
[CENTER][B][COLOR=black]
-Torus is low 7000 (Im not sure if that number means anything).According to this number my CHT ROM is faster,but I see opposite
-SYS and the rest of the packages are the same (PLUTO as we speak lol)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A38SYO2U

now we have something to talk about lol
The Torus score in the OpenGL Test only appears to show the amount of single light shadowing that the gpu can render, and this score is just a portion of overall graphics performance. In turn, I would not place a whole lot of emphasis on the one score. A more complete system test like SKTools Benchmark should provide a more accurate view of overall system performance. That said, the builds with considerably higher OpenGL results, would most likely only show an improvement to some degree when playing full resolution fast action videos and games. Nonetheless, I haven't noticed any video issues with your system builds that score somewhere in the 7000 range in the past. Plus, if needed, the recently released overclock apps can be used to help boost graphics and overall performance. On that note, the OverClockTool by iwfratz has been working well here in dynamic mode (set to more than one step). To clarify, using the stepping feature allows the cpu to run underclocked when not under load. Moreover, from my observations so far, the underclock appears to have increased battery life somewhat, as well as decreased the average cpu temperature when compared to running a static overclock speed, or even the normal clockspeed at idle.

Thanks again Vin.
Best to all,
R

Last edited by rhacy; 08-20-2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: forgot an "of", lol...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:10 PM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Aug 20 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2018).No CHT.No RSS.No CFC.No LZX.No BL.No L

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Cheers Vin! I've been a big fan of your pure non-cfc builds and really appreciate your company policy.

The Torus score in the OpenGL Test only appears to show the amount of single light shadowing that the gpu can render, and this score is just a portion of overall graphics performance. In turn, I would not place a whole lot emphasis on the one score. A more complete system test like SKTools Benchmark should provide a more accurate view of overall system performance. That said, the builds with considerably higher OpenGL results, would most likely only show an improvement to some degree when playing full resolution fast action videos and games. Nonetheless, I haven't noticed any video issues with your system builds that score somewhere in the 7000 range in the past. Plus, if needed, the recently released overclock apps can be used to help boost graphics and overall performance. On that note, the OverClockTool by iwfratz has been working well here in dynamic mode (set to more than one step). To clarify, using the stepping feature allows the cpu to run underclocked when not under load. Moreover, from my observations so far, the underclock appears to have increased battery life somewhat, as well as decreased the average cpu temperature when compared to running a static overclock speed, or even the normal clockspeed at idle.

Thanks again Vin.
Best to all,
R

THIS!

Anyway, using it now seems fast enough, will let you know after today's heavy use.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Long Live the TP2!
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

alohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, you have finally convinced me to give OC a try. The OverClockTool you recommend seems simple enough for me to take the plunge.

Thanks.

If at first you don't succeed,
skydiving isn't for you.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

congratulations Vin on another amazing rom! The Aug 20 rom is one of the best roms I have ever flashed. Thanks
Old 08-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

The facebook tab is SOOOOO Much smoothe. I might opt to even let it stay in Sense now. It was always one of the first tabs I took out.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

vin, here is Manila 2013,2014, and 2015 if you needed one of them.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3232

or here is the South Cellular Dump with Sense 2013 (not CFC'd)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yvawynaw2nm/CS_Dump.rar
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D ,Touch pro 2 & Touch pro , mogul
Carrier: sprint

vickydj1974 is keeping up the good workvickydj1974 is keeping up the good work

Hey VIN
how you doing
i am still missed rom like your first rom like stock rom
wish you make again
thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunebuggydude11 View Post
vin, here is Manila 2013,2014, and 2015 if you needed one of them.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3232

or here is the South Cellular Dump with Sense 2013 (not CFC'd)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yvawynaw2nm/CS_Dump.rar
nice,now I have more work to do lol.
Uploading 08.20.10.PLUTO_CHT-DINIK
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SXHPVE13

Last edited by vin255764; 08-20-2010 at 02:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:52 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

WOW Vin. You do some great work ! This is the best rom I have flashed ! Can't say thanks enough.... Thanks T M Z

P.S Your icons are SWEET !!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X & TP2
Carrier: VZW

mugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuff
Re: Aug 20 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2018).No RSS.No CFC.No LZX.No BL.No LOL

Hey Vin, just noticed there is a reference to Sense under Items under Home. It doesn't work, of course, but by default, HTC Sense is the selection folks want to use (towards bottom) if they need to deselect/select.

Great new ROM man!

Also, not a big deal, because I prefer having 4 instead of 3 icons on home screen, but you can barely read the text when you put an icon there. Is there a way to remove text or make it bigger? Thanks

-The whole pleasure of marriage is that it is a perpetual crisis — GK Chesterton

Last edited by mugsy77; 08-20-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: added image

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development