PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 07/22/10 Pluto_Cookie is up! **VINdows Phone**(Sense 2016)

Hey Vin,
Just wanted to thank you again for this update. You cook up ROMS the way I would if I had the time and skills. I like the fact that you are willing to pull eye-candy out of a rom if it slows it down. I'd rather have a quick functional phone than a slower pretty phone. Thanks for pulling the DINIK CHT skin and backtracking on the weather tab.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: 07/09/10 Pluto_Cookie is up! **VINdows Phone**(Sense 2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
It was... Who has to bring color in it????? And what does race has to do with TP2????? Just shows where his mind is at!! But YOUNGPRO took it cool, it wasn't that serious. But IT WASN'T CALL FOR EITHER. We ALL BLEED THE SAME COLOR BLOOD, and 1999TL... Must still be in the 1950's & 60's
Says the man with a color in his screen name.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Any mirror? I want to jump ship off NRG's most recent as fast as I can...

Never mind...Mega is flying...

Last edited by cmajewsk; 07-23-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
Vin - are you also going to post the no-cookie version ? can't wait to get that
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
tomorrow
No_cookie versions of both roms??
Old 07-23-2010, 03:51 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
Nothing like AM flashing!

edit: Which gives snappier performance, higher or lower number pagepool?
Welll ppl say you cant tell a difference but I beg to differ. Try rebooting with a 12 pagepool and the first thing you do is scroll your finger across the sense icon tabs. A little laggy to me. But with 15 or 16 it just zips by. Well thats the only difference I really notice. Dont chew my head for that. I personally like to set it to like 15 or 16. Mine is set to 15 right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
I've played around with the pagepool on 6.5.x roms and it seems like it really doesn't make much of a difference as long as you have enough. (More should make it faster but in practice anything 12 and over seems fine). For a while I ran it at 15 because that's where sprint set it, but now I leave it alone. 12 should be enough.
Yeah 15 was good for me for a while too. I tried 12 for a while and then went back to the higher numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
Thank you Vin for Updating the ROMs for my birthday. This was the best birthday gift you have given me so far.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMICE4U!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Lmao!! Wow...Are you guys still talking about that??

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
No_cookie versions of both roms??
both roms
Old 07-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff
Re: 07/09/10 Pluto_Cookie is up! **VINdows Phone**(Sense 2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Its my last name.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Welll ppl say you cant tell a difference but I beg to differ. Try rebooting with a 12 pagepool and the first thing you do is scroll your finger across the sense icon tabs. A little laggy to me. But with 15 or 16 it just zips by. Well thats the only difference I really notice. Dont chew my head for that. I personally like to set it to like 15 or 16. Mine is set to 15 right now.
My phone is always laggy for a minute or so right after a reboot regardless of pagepool size. I don't know if it's because of all the processes that are starting up or all the graphics that haven't been cached yet. After a minute or so it's smooth scrolling. Same with photos. The first time I use the photos tab after a reboot it's real laggy. After that it's smooth. Pagepool hasn't made a difference that I can notice. YMMV.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Long Live the TP2!
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

alohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have been runnung Plutonium for a long time, and Neodium from time to time. I have not seen the big difference in speed that some have noticed. I find both versions speedy and efficient.

Earlier this week, I decided to give S2U2 a try and installed the latest version. BIG mistake! The phone became laggy for the first time and it even crashed. Needless to say, it's gone now and all is well.

That made me wonder how many of my fellow VINdows enthusiasts have experienced the same. Perhaps Plutonium would run smoother for some willing to let go of the offending program .... or perhaps it's an isolated incident?

just sayin'.

If at first you don't succeed,
skydiving isn't for you.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:05 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
My phone is always laggy for a minute or so right after a reboot regardless of pagepool size. I don't know if it's because of all the processes that are starting up or all the graphics that haven't been cached yet. After a minute or so it's smooth scrolling. Same with photos. The first time I use the photos tab after a reboot it's real laggy. After that it's smooth. Pagepool hasn't made a difference that I can notice. YMMV.
Yeah I think I just pay too much attention to it and think Im noticing a difference when in reality Im not. LOL. And what is YMMV??

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohanela View Post
I have been runnung Plutonium for a long time, and Neodium from time to time. I have not seen the big difference in speed that some have noticed. I find both versions speedy and efficient.

Earlier this week, I decided to give S2U2 a try and installed the latest version. BIG mistake! The phone became laggy for the first time and it even crashed. Needless to say, it's gone now and all is well.

That made me wonder how many of my fellow VINdows enthusiasts have experienced the same. Perhaps Plutonium would run smoother for some willing to let go of the offending program .... or perhaps it's an isolated incident?

just sayin'.
Well I have S2U2 installed and I dont have any problems. My battery life is even great! Dont know what or which one you installed but the one I have doesnt lag or give me any issues. I barely notice its on my phone other than when I wake up my device and its locked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development