PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: 05/09/10 Neodium & Plutonium (21903;23569).Co0kie & NO_Co0kie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i found out how at like 5am. lol
thanx vin man that was killing me cause the animated ones worked fine.
How do you change the lock screen wall paper? I tried to change mine and now it is a turquoise color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewberg View Post
vin i love your roms but my battery life is like the stock market going downhill is there anything i can do to fix it thanks in advance
Don't auto update twitter, weather, email, and facebook?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:38 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quick question...How do I make the keyboard vibrate when typing with the virtual keyboard? I have went into settings and personal and input but I did not see anything with the option to vibrate the keyboard. I also went into the registry and set the keyboard vibrate state to 1 and still nothing. Any suggestions?? Anyone?

Also does anyone know how to get the all black start button back?? I see it when my phone is loading up but then it switches to the colorful one. Any ideas?

Last edited by youngpro83; 05-11-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:49 AM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Quick question...How do I make the keyboard vibrate when typing with the virtual keyboard? I have went into settings and personal and input but I did not see anything with the option to vibrate the keyboard. I also went into the registry and set the keyboard vibrate state to 1 and still nothing. Any suggestions?? Anyone?

Also does anyone know how to get the all black start button back?? I see it when my phone is loading up but then it switches to the colorful one. Any ideas?
Go to ..... Settings / Personalize / Vibration / Check the box then you should be all set.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
No matter how you flash device an clear storage or hard reset is in order. One of the two at least. I do both to clear/address rogue files from both angles. I call it a double dose of good measure..lol I believe "flash dance" is when you flash your carrier's stock ROM. Which actually runs a 'task 28' on your device, something like a purging. Purging your of rogue files, which flashing a custom ROM doesnt do. I dont mine 10 extra minutes of pampering my baby(tp2)...lol
Didn't mean to start a religious discussion here, but here's my thoughts. As far as I can tell, a hard reset or clear storage will re-install the OS, just like during the original flash. There shouldn't be any reason to do this unless the data was written badly the first time. Flash memory doesn't need multiple writes to "take". It's more likely there is a flaw in the RUU writing process over USB, especially with the occasional wonky usb ports on these phones.

Since switching to SD flashing I haven't had a single bad install, and I never hard reset or clear storage unless I screw up something myself while reinstalling software.

Clearly there is nothing wrong with all the extra hard resets and clear storages you want to do. It seems to recover a bad install. I'd just rather install it right the first time.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:03 PM
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post
Go to ..... Settings / Personalize / Vibration / Check the box then you should be all set.
U sure? Cuz I dont have personalize in settings. I have Personal and inside that there is no setting called vibration.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

No Problem here...bro I love to hear insights from different views on the matter... I do plan on fully switching to sd flashing in the future... Just been lazy and havn't broken the ice on getting personally familiar with the very easy process. Love your post and thanks hit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Didn't mean to start a religious discussion here, but here's my thoughts. As far as I can tell, a hard reset or clear storage will re-install the OS, just like during the original flash. There shouldn't be any reason to do this unless the data was written badly the first time. Flash memory doesn't need multiple writes to "take". It's more likely there is a flaw in the RUU writing process over USB, especially with the occasional wonky usb ports on these phones.

Since switching to SD flashing I haven't had a single bad install, and I never hard reset or clear storage unless I screw up something myself while reinstalling software.

Clearly there is nothing wrong with all the extra hard resets and clear storages you want to do. It seems to recover a bad install. I'd just rather install it right the first time.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:12 PM
337 L.V.

Ok say maybe this ROM doesnt have the option to vibrate the virtual keyboard, but has anyone got an idea on how I can get an all black start icon? Its there when my phone starts up but then changes to a colored one when sense launches.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:20 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
U sure? Cuz I dont have personalize in settings. I have Personal and inside that there is no setting called vibration.

You must be on the Neodium version then right? Cuz I'm using the Plutonium & it's right where I described. Sorry wasn't able to help ya out there bud.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:30 PM
337 L.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post
You must be on the Neodium version then right? Cuz I'm using the Plutonium & it's right where I described. Sorry wasn't able to help ya out there bud.
Nope not on Neodium. Im on the Plutonium 5/9/10. I went into settings and personal and did not see any setting for vibrate. Oh well I guess I can do without it.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

computerjunkie is just getting started

I'm having a weird issue with the latest plutonium w/cookie rom. I was adding birthdays (all day events) and I was only able to add one. Now whenever I go to add an all day appt using HTC calendar, it doesnt take. I add all the necessary info, but when I click Done...nothing. I rebooted and it still doesnt work.

Can anyone confirm? Add All Day, Recurring yearly appts and see if it will take (after the first couple ones).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development