PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 11:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nycxhobbes is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5.5 ROMS.Sense 2.5 Sprint&Generic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
just change
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"IsShortcutEnable"=dword:00000000

to

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"IsShortcutEnable"=dword:000000001

you should see twitt and htc contacts in startmenu
I just prefer outlook contacts-bold text,easier to read
You are awesome.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hey Vin, a couple quick questions:

What is your Pagepool setting?

If I elect to keep the outlook contacts instead of HTC Contacts, will all the HTC options still be available such as that to link with Facebook?

I am going to flash this tomorrow... Time to go to bed for tonight.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well here is my take on the 60662 PRL and battery life

have been off the cable and strictly on battery since 8AM and its 10PM as I write this - 14hrs

with that, Im running Plutonium SPCS_V1 (flash, 1st configure then hard reset 1st configure then data transfer and email/app setup) with all basic defaults plus 4 email and 1 outlook (no cable so not synching the outlook) and the 4 emails accounts are checking on 15 min refreshes with none of my usual reg alterations and additions nor any backlight changes or power saving alterations

moderate internet(webbrowsing, facebook, etc), minor texting through the whole day, watched a TV show from the SD card and gamed a bit on it

currently sitting at 77% battery life after 14hrs

** now at 65% at 24hrs off the cable ...

not saying the increased polling doesnt have its effect as I do believe it does, but Im not sure the polling is doing all that much as it is to destroy the battery life as a whole in of itself

so 60662 PRL doesnt seem that bad by default as it is and kudos to you Vin on a very stable, fast ROM

BTW, I am going to leave it off the cradle for 24 hrs to see what I have come 8AM tomorrow

Last edited by detroit_doug; 03-26-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: adding battery percentage for the 24hr mark
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:28 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
well here is my take on the 60662 PRL and battery life

have been off the cable and strictly on battery since 8AM and its 10PM as I write this - 14hrs

with that, Im running Plutonium SPCS_V1 (flash, 1st configure then hard reset 1st configure then data transfer and email/app setup) with all basic defaults plus 4 email and 1 outlook (no cable so not synching the outlook) and the 4 emails accounts are checking on 15 min refreshes with none of my usual reg alterations and additions nor any backlight changes or power saving alterations

moderate internet(webbrowsing, facebook, etc), minor texting through the whole day, watched a TV show from the SD card and gamed a bit on it

currently sitting at 77% battery life after 14hrs

not saying the increased polling doesnt have its effect as I do believe it does, but Im not sure the polling is doing all that much as it is to destroy the battery life as a whole in of itself

so 60662 PRL doesnt seem that bad by default as it is and kudos to you Vin on a very stable, fast ROM

BTW, I am going to leave it off the cradle for 24 hrs to see what I have come 8AM tomorrow
from what it looks like, i think i can pull close to 40-48 hrs on a single charge with around 1-1.5 hrs of browsing per day with texting.

i'm running around 60% with 1.5hrs of browsing, texting, email every 15 mins, weather every 3 hrs. that like around 22-24 hrs of charger

keep in mind, i change to older PRL

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 03-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Hey Vin, a couple quick questions:

What is your Pagepool setting?

If I elect to keep the outlook contacts instead of HTC Contacts, will all the HTC options still be available such as that to link with Facebook?

I am going to flash this tomorrow... Time to go to bed for tonight.
Yes,everythig works,only "people" shortcut disabled in start menu.

PP is 14Mb.(1Mb less then new shipped ROM.)

I noticed that ALL leaked TEST ROMs (HD2,Rhodium,Topaz) had PP set to zero which is crazy.I dont trust windows to manage my apps lol

Last edited by vin255764; 03-26-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

The difference between 6.5 and 6.5.X is not only in softkey bar and fingerfriedlyness.

In 6.5 startmenu organizing when you tap and hold icon you get only option "move to TOP".Plus if you dothis in subfolders,it may create exact same dublicate icon in start menu.Very annoying bug.

In 6.5.X tap and hold icon and it can be moved anywhere you want withing the page (left right up,down).And its not creating dublicates.

6.5.X is WINNER
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (8.0 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by vin255764; 03-26-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Re: 03/24/10 WM 6.5.5 ROMS.Sense 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
cant we just edit the polling interval like we did on tp?
Yes we can, the person who replied does not know what he or she is talking about. You have to go into EPST and configure it. Later this afternoon I will post how to do this as it has been a while.

Just tried it works. Below is from PPCgeeks user Baffles.

* First thing you must do is get your MSL.
I copied how to get the MSL from my own post read it to get your MSL.

If you do not know how to update your PRL read the following

1. On your dial pad, dial ##PRL# (or ##775#)
2. Enter your MSL (Read below. Thanks boxer112, this is the same method I used to get mine)
3. Tap "Menu" in the lower right corner
4. Tap "Edit"
5. Select "Browse" and locate the PRL file.
6. After selecting the PRL and loading it, select OK. Handset should power off then back on.

How to get your MSL on your touch pro

Change the following registry entries in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\ATDbgLog
Enable: 1
LogMode: 1

* Wait a about 10 minutes (more time will not hurt), and soft-reset.

* Check to see that the file \Atlog\ATDbg0.txt has been created.

* Return the values back to what they were (most likely 0) waiting the same amount of time as above.

* Look in the ATDbg0.txt file and you should see a log of commands sent to the CDMA radio and there should be something like this somewhere in the file:

~~~~~~~~~~~SNIP~~~~~~~~~~~~
00:00:00 Tx:AT+HTC_RMSL=0\r
00:00:00 Rx:+HTC_RMSL: (###THIS WILL BE THE MSL###)\r\n0\r
00:00:00 Tx:AT+HTC_ROTKSL=0\r
00:00:00 Rx:+HTC_ROTKSL: 123456\r\n0\r
~~~~~~~~~~~SNIP~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to Baffle's comments:

* You can tweak your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) to make your phone poll the tower more often. This makes your texts and phone calls come through quicker. This setting is a trade off between lag (most noticeable when receiving calls) and battery life. The default value on our phones is 2. Every step of 1 adds 1.28 seconds to the poll time, so at a value of 2 it is only polling every 5 seconds or so. Most people lower this to 1, so the phone polls every 2.5 seconds. This won't affect battery life much in areas of good coverage, but may impact it noticeably if you're in a poor reception area. Your Access Overload Class (ACCOLC) determines your phone's priority on the cell tower. The higher the number, the lower the priority. Do note that 0 and 1 are reserved for emergency service uses, so DO NOT use these. You can ACCOLC's of 2-9, default on Sprint should be the last digit of your phone number.
* Now that I've laid down the basic groundwork of the two main mods, here's how to change them. Don't mess with settings in here unless you know exactly what you're doing, as phone performance and usability will be affected. To enter programming mode, open your phone screen and dial ##778# (may be ##778 on some devices, if that doesn't work, run EPST.exe from \Windows). Click edit, type in your MSL, and hit OK. Now choose View Info in the lower left corner, and hit NAM settings. On this page you can change your ACCOLC (remember, don't use 0 or 1). Now, switch to the Modem Settings page to change your SCI (default is 2, valid values are 0-7). Now accept the changes and soft reset, and you're updated!
* More information can be found http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11610

Mine is set to 4 and I have no problems. Also for ACCOLC I used what ever you want. If you want priority select you poison. hahahaha. =P

Cheers,

Mikee
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 03-26-2010 at 12:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am running about 15megs of ram less using the V1- no cookie rom vs. The V1 with cookie and the Sprint tabs. Only downside I can see w/ the gsm manila is that it seems like Sprint may have fixed the clock bug. I don't remember seeing it fudge up when i was running the original V1.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:25 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 03/24/10 WM 6.5.5 ROMS.Sense 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Yes we can, the person who replied does not know what he or she is talking about. You have to go into EPST and configure it. Later this afternoon I will post how to do this as it has been a while.

Mikee
wow thanks, ur so pro. look like u know wtf your talking about. good for you. now if you want to go through all that then sure. i rather downgrade the PRL so i dont' have to worry all those steps

Last edited by twe90kid; 03-26-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TP1085 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
The difference between 6.5 and 6.5.X is not only in softkey bar and fingerfriedlyness.

In 6.5 startmenu organizing when you tap and hold icon you get only option "move to TOP".Plus if you dothis in subfolders,it may create exact same dublicate icon in start menu.Very annoying bug.

In 6.5.X tap and hold icon and it can be moved anywhere you want withing the page (left right up,down).And its not creating dublicates.

6.5.X is WINNER

Thanks to this post I might actually use the start menu now, thanks Vin.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development