PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3 (23518)|WM6.5 (21889) [Feb 3rd]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgarfield View Post
I hate new task manger as well. And i reverted to Manila 2.1 ROM because of that. Also do you have the issue that incoming call does not ring?
oldgarfield -- lots of helpful comments here in your posts. Thanks!

I've not had any ringer issues with MAL's 2.1 ROMs but I think others have. I think MAL had a pre-2.5 release that had some ringer issues but may be confusing this with other ROMs.

I agree with comments about notification manager. They're too much in the background on this release.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

cge10 is becoming a great contributor

for the notification manager got to http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60620 make sure to install the wvga images
Old 02-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Ntimid8ter is a n00b
Talking Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3 (23518)|WM6.5 (21889) [Feb 3rd]

Mal Love this rom, been over a week now cant get it to lock up, never realy need to softreset, I got mms to work stable with older Arc software.

BUT I cant get notifications manager to work, doesnt even show it in the registry, I have tried all the notifications cabs, none work I tap on task bar and nothing happens, when my alarm go's off I have to go to alarm turn off then back on, can never get A drop down menue to dissmis all. If any one could help that would be great because even though I have this problem, willing to stiill use rom because of speed and stability.

ChevyMan_Can
Old 02-21-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntimid8ter View Post
Mal Love this rom, been over a week now cant get it to lock up, never realy need to softreset, I got mms to work stable with older Arc software.

BUT I cant get notifications manager to work, doesnt even show it in the registry, I have tried all the notifications cabs, none work I tap on task bar and nothing happens, when my alarm go's off I have to go to alarm turn off then back on, can never get A drop down menue to dissmis all. If any one could help that would be great because even though I have this problem, willing to stiill use rom because of speed and stability.
Same here. That's why I reverted to 6.5 +2.1.
Stability, Speed, Battery Life. Everything is nearly perfect and with a few tweaks its beats all other ROMs.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor

All of a sudden I can't get the phone to dial any other way than manually entering the number and pressing "send". If I try to tap on a number in the contacts list or call history, it will light up when pressing the "button" but will do absolutely nothing. I can hold down the button and it will stay lit as long as I hold it but just won't do anything but light up. Anyone heard of this before? I'm probably going to have to do a hard reset at this point, I'm afraid. I'm using 6.5.3 +2.1
Old 02-22-2010, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
All of a sudden I can't get the phone to dial any other way than manually entering the number and pressing "send". If I try to tap on a number in the contacts list or call history, it will light up when pressing the "button" but will do absolutely nothing. I can hold down the button and it will stay lit as long as I hold it but just won't do anything but light up. Anyone heard of this before? I'm probably going to have to do a hard reset at this point, I'm afraid. I'm using 6.5.3 +2.1
Never had this problem on 6.5+2.1. Didn't have 6.5.3+2.1 long enough to experience this either. Since it is "all of a sudden", did you install any programs lately or did some modification on registry etc.?

Once I suddenly found that My PC cannot recognize my phone. And later I found out that one my registry hacks did not work. So I just recovered from a registry backup and the problem is solved. This may not be your case though.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgarfield View Post
Never had this problem on 6.5+2.1. Didn't have 6.5.3+2.1 long enough to experience this either. Since it is "all of a sudden", did you install any programs lately or did some modification on registry etc.?

Once I suddenly found that My PC cannot recognize my phone. And later I found out that one my registry hacks did not work. So I just recovered from a registry backup and the problem is solved. This may not be your case though.
I think I'm gonna have to nuke it (hard reset) and start over. I'd prefer to wait for a new version, though. I hope Mal has one soon. I'd hate to go to another ROM
Old 02-23-2010, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post

I think I'm gonna have to nuke it (hard reset) and start over. I'd prefer to wait for a new version, though. I hope Mal has one soon. I'd hate to go to another ROM
You can always go "shopping" elsewhere to see what's out there just for haha's and to see what's working and what's not (especially if you're gonna nuke it now anyway), as I've gotta believe that if others are using certain builds currently while Mal's on his vaca in Spain and watching people sleep when he gets back, that when Mal updates his ROM's, he's prob going to be using the equivalent builds, especially if they're stable. I subscribed to Mal's tweets so as soon as he's back building, I'll know about it.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WinDroid XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

Technix2002 is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3 (23518)|WM6.5 (21889) [Feb 3rd]

Running the 6.5.3 ROM with Manila 2.1 and it is the fastest ROM out of the handful that I've tried.=D> I'd almost venture to say that it is nearly perfect except 2 things:

When on speaker phone and I plug in headphones: I lose the mic built into the phone. On every ROM prior to this I've been able to use my CD cassette adapter in my car to broadcast my caller through the speakers and it would pick my voice up through the mic in the phone. I can hear my caller, but that person can't hear me. Same holds true when plugging in a stereo wired headset with mic, its the 4 pin 3.5mm jack kind.

The other thing is Windows Marketplace not working, it installs but doesn't connect. This really isn't a big deal to me though.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technix2002 View Post
Running the 6.5.3 ROM with Manila 2.1 and it is the fastest ROM out of the handful that I've tried.=D> I'd almost venture to say that it is nearly perfect except 2 things:

When on speaker phone and I plug in headphones: I lose the mic built into the phone. On every ROM prior to this I've been able to use my CD cassette adapter in my car to broadcast my caller through the speakers and it would pick my voice up through the mic in the phone. I can hear my caller, but that person can't hear me. Same holds true when plugging in a stereo wired headset with mic, its the 4 pin 3.5mm jack kind.

The other thing is Windows Marketplace not working, it installs but doesn't connect. This really isn't a big deal to me though.
I never had that issue with headphones, I could just listen through the headphones and talk without problems. As far as marketplace, that site is always up and down, on every ROM I've ever tried. And yes, this was the fastest and flawless 6.5.3 2.1 I used. Hoping to continue that when Mal gets back!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development