PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (Dec 24th) |MalROM| WM6.5.3 Manila 2.1/Titanium [Sprint]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
I personally haven't held the phone, but just looking at it reminds me of the pro 1. That's enough for me to to ever want to use it.

Speed might be improved, but the whole design is "old" if you get what im saying!
It's nicer than the TP1, but I see what you're saying. The 3.2" screen is hard to favor as opposed to a 3.6". Still, the eXpo is WVGA (TP1 was VGA) and it looks sharp.

Light sensor, accelerometer, finger print scanner, fantastic 5MP camera with a nice flash, Snapdragon (qsd8650), ample RAM, WVGA, excellent hardware build and the ability to add a Pico projector is pretty darn impressive and kicks the snot out of the TP1 and even offers a few things that the TP2 lacks, making the LG eXpo interesting enough to play with.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Touche sir!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

darian1789 is a n00b

You'd have to replace the Manila system files with the original ones.

so do you know which manila files i would have to replace if you dont its okay
Old 12-31-2009, 05:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

Peruvianman is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Peruvianman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
IF I read your post correctly, you just received a replacement, so if you've already flashed your original phone with the unlocker and you're using the same computer, just be advised, you may need to e-mail CMonex for another code, as we only get one unlocker without e-mailing them (it's noted in her post, just gotta read about it, and I even believe it's on the first page), so if that's the case, just send an e-mail or PM her at XDA, not here, and you should be able to use the HSPL for the new phone.
Hello,
I also used the newest version of the unlocker "RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3_100HSPL.zip" on my TP2. My question is - If there is a newer version of this unlocker per say coming on Jan 2010 & I want to use it, do I need to send CMonex an email to get a new code? Or do I just download it from here http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php?

Thanks,
PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Exclamation MalROM 1.5 Beta |WM6.5| |WM6.5.3| Sense 2.1/25

|MalROM v1.5 BETA|
(Sprint, Verizon, Telus)

This is one a few test ROMs I'm throwing out there if you guys want to give it a spin. I will still be doing WM6.5.3 (28014) ROMs and will do the same for those in the next 48hrs.
  • WM6.5 (21887)
  • Manila 2.5 v1922 (thanks Calkulin) or Manila 2.1
  • Full suite of MalTweaks as my other ROM
  • Multiple carrier support (Sprint, Verizon, Telus)
  • Featuring rawdikrik's modified Action Screen w/Sense 2.1

Installation Notes:
  • Unzip, unload files
  • Run RUU_Updater.exe
  • Carrier support: \My Documents\Carriers --> Choose .cab

Sense 2.5 Issues--READ!: Resorting Tabs and Restarting Manila can hang; may need a soft-reset, other than it seems to run fine; Action Screen not working; you WILL get a WHITE Screen on booting--it's FINE, let it ride out. This has Messaging 2.1 in it and that's a side effect. Give the OS a minute or two to fill the cache and speed up as it's sluggish on the go.

Twitter tab is also not working. Looking into it.

Personally speaking, I think WM6.5 (21887) with Sense 2.1 is the most stable, but hey, give v2.5 to sleep if ya want.

>>Download MalROM 1.5 Beta WM6.5 w/ Sense 2.5 HERE<<

[Buy me a beer for my work?]

Last edited by Malatesta; 01-02-2010 at 09:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Re: (Jan 1st) |MalROM| WM6.5.3/WM6.5 Sense 2.1/Sense 2.5

Here is a working, 12 Icon actions screen with BT.

Added colorful icons from around the community to make it easier to activate at a glance. Thanks to all the artists who worked hard on these Icons to make our devices look so nice.

Should work just like all the others.

Gotta modify the images that come up when you press a button, but that will be in version 2 along with some new icons for some.

Let me know what you think, and any suggestions would be awesome!

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways

Last edited by rawdikrik; 01-01-2010 at 04:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:13 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: MalROM 1.5 Beta |WM6.5 21887| Sense 2.1/25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
|MalROM v1.5 BETA|

This is one a few test ROMs I'm throwing out there if you guys want to give it a spin. I will still be doing WM6.5.3 (28014) ROMs and will do the same for those in the next 48hrs.
  • WM6.5 (21887)
  • Manila 2.5 v1922 (thanks Calkulin) or Manila 2.1
  • Full suite of MalTweaks as my other ROM
  • Multiple carrier support (Sprint, Verizon, Telus)

Installation Notes:
  • Unzip, unload files
  • Run RUU_Updater.exe
  • Carrier support: \My Documents\Carriers --> Choose .cab

Sense 2.5 Issues: Resorting Tabs and Restarting Manila can hang; may need a soft-reset, other than it seems to run fine; Action Screen not working

>>Download MalROM 1.5 Beta WM6.5 w/ Sense 2.5 HERE[/URL]<<
(coming later today)

>>Download MalROM 1.5 Beta WM6.5 w/ Sense 2.1 HERE<<

[Buy me a beer for my work?]

you just made me very happy! its my B-day today... good present

looking forward to the 28014 version

can you add the blue color and the moon phase to the rom? i like it.... the blue is found in the new calkulin kitchen and im sure you have seen the moon phase..... also the NODATA app found in the Calkulin kitchen... lol im asking for too much... sorry

your choice of course but it would be nice to have... makes the rom different.

Last edited by Mayonesa; 01-01-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:13 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Here is a working, 12 Icon actions screen with BT.

Added colorful icons from around the community to make it easier to activate at a glance. Thanks to all the artists who worked hard on these Icons to make our devices look so nice.

Should work just like all the others.

Gotta modify the images that come up when you press a button, but that will be in version 2 along with some new icons for some.

Let me know what you think, and any suggestions would be awesome!

awesome!!! love it...
Old 01-01-2010, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jaworthen is keeping up the good workjaworthen is keeping up the good work

Mal, a couple of questions on performance and memory with the ROM:

1. TouchFlo seems to have an inherent memory leak. Doesn't matter if it is 2.1 or 2.5, I experience it either way. For this reason, I've move to SPB Mobile Shell, which has no leaks to speak of. This is in no way a fault of your ROM, but rather of Manila itself. I'm assuming my experience is normal, correct?

2. Wanting to have as much RAM as possible (I run quite a bit simultaneously and an Opera session can then kill me), is it possible to change the Pagepool to 0 so that it is dynamically allocated? What are the pros and cons of doing so? Is there anything else that I could do to conserve RAM? Does this make sense?

I tried cooking my own ROM this morning (Calk's kitchen), and got it to work pretty well, but you have the touch! TIA for your help!

If I've helped in any way, please hit the THANKS button - and thanks!

Last edited by jaworthen; 01-01-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

union122 is a n00b

hey rawdikrik, just installed your actionscreen cab and lost the action soft key, comes up as camera softkey.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development