PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 11-2-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <>

First off, I am surprised to see people still using this ROM and am humbled by that fact as well. I apologize for the lack of development, but to be honest, I think we all know why (not that the winmo platform is bad, I think it is still a very functional OS for a mobile phone). Since winmo, i have had phones of all types from Android to iOS to WinPho and they all have there pros and cons. I have often thought of producing a limited run of winmo ROMs. Mostly barebones, but it would be hard with PPCK being down. I am aware of their situation and have talked with a couple of the members through email and irc, and unfortunately it will stay down. So,.... I would have to start over with a new base/kitchen which would mean a completely different feel to the ROMs. Anyways, I am rambling. I thank you all again for using this ROM, and hope that it stays in use. I would say keep your fingers crossed for me playing around with another ROM (as I still have my 2 TP2's actually) but the lack of my old kitchen is a downer for sure. I will try to reply as I can, but time is short for me as of late. Best regards to everyone, dibbson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkseger View Post
Well, after a few months with the RC and then trying a half dozen other ROMs, I'm back on Dibbs's 10-2 Verizon Sense ROM. To me, it's the cleanest, fastest ROM out there.

Dibbs - I know you've moved on but thanks again for a great ROM!

John

btw - If anyone has any other ROMs they've found to be similar only better, please let me know.
Thanks for the nice words John, and good to hear from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by migz1134 View Post
does any one know how to make the sms/mms threaded?
The threaded look is controlled by CSS in the messaging files, (going on memory here) but I think I remember a package that would change the messaging to threaded, but don't hold me to that. I would have to g-search that to find it. But... I will try and take a look at some old files on some old HDs that I have laying around and try and find something, but do give me some time on that.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post

The threaded look is controlled by CSS in the messaging files, (going on memory here) but I think I remember a package that would change the messaging to threaded, but don't hold me to that. I would have to g-search that to find it. But... I will try and take a look at some old files on some old HDs that I have laying around and try and find something, but do give me some time on that.
Thank you for your reply i will wait to see if you find that package...
Old 12-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Nice Dibbson!! Thank you for your post!! Nice to see you again!

Old 12-28-2011, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jkseger is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks again for your efforts, Dibbs. I have since moved on to a Titan. Great phone!

Happy Holidays!!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Wow, it has been quite some time since I have been on the forums. I was surprised when I got an email notification about new thread postings! I actually had to stop for a second and think of my password since it has been so long... lol.

Anyways, just want to thank Dibbs for the great roms & support. Good to hear from you.

I am still using my TP2, but I am actively looking for a new phone. I am conflicted between WP7 and Android. As Dibbs said, both have their pros and cons. I think WP7 still needs a few more updates to fully mature, or wait till WP8. Thinking of waiting for the HTC Edge...

Happy Holidays everyone.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Quote:
Originally Posted by migz1134 View Post
Thank you for your reply i will wait to see if you find that package...
I don't think you originally mentioned it, but which exact ROM are you on now? Just to make sure before I get happy that I found something that may not work, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Nice Dibbson!! Thank you for your post!! Nice to see you again!
Hi Tink! *dibbson waves*

Are you watching my threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkseger View Post
Thanks again for your efforts, Dibbs. I have since moved on to a Titan. Great phone!

Happy Holidays!!
Hey jkseger, and np, I am glad so many people enjoyed my work. I don't know if I want to say what phone I am on currently, I might get flogged from these forums, lol. Happy Holidays to you as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
Wow, it has been quite some time since I have been on the forums. I was surprised when I got an email notification about new thread postings! I actually had to stop for a second and think of my password since it has been so long... lol.

Anyways, just want to thank Dibbs for the great roms & support. Good to hear from you.

I am still using my TP2, but I am actively looking for a new phone. I am conflicted between WP7 and Android. As Dibbs said, both have their pros and cons. I think WP7 still needs a few more updates to fully mature, or wait till WP8. Thinking of waiting for the HTC Edge...

Happy Holidays everyone.
Good to hear from you cls_! I too was surprised by a email notification, lol, but it was a welcomed surprise. I feel you on the OS decision. I think (my opinion, so take it easy on me peoples) is that WP will be a big player, but it will take a couple more years to get there (which coincidently is exactly the time frame of the original road map M$ gave originally for their finalized vision of WP, 4-5 years for their vision). Android is great and open, but will implode on itself if not careful with the hardware, and software fragmentation as well as the possibility of being too open (as being open or closed is a fine edge to walk). In my opinion, I think M$ is walking the road between iOS and Android as seen by a tighter OEM process (not quite as open as Android, but not as restrictive as the one handset iOS), the software environment is locked, but at least M$ has embraced the modding community unlike iOS. I think if M$ keeps doing what they are doing with WP as well as integrating their other services and platforms together, I think M$ stands to dominate the market from a unique perspective of capturing the mobile, pc, and gaming market ( I mean console gaming, not mobile gaming). Something Android, and iOS can't do. Anyways, I am rambling bad and vomitting my opinion in this post, and I could probably type a few more pages about these things but I am sure nobody wants to read that much. Anyways, again, great to hear from you cls_ and happy holidays!

Best Regards to All,
dibbson
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Hi Tink! *dibbson waves*

Are you watching my threads?
Hi Dibbson!! Yes, I am a fan!!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
I don't think you originally mentioned it, but which exact ROM are you on now? Just to make sure before I get happy that I found something that may not work, lol.

I am on this one...

Titanium ROM

10-02-2010

This is a stripped down titanium ROM, but it still remains fully functional. There is nothing extra installed at all with the exception of the following apps: MH UC, MS Calculator, IE, MS Calendar, MS SMS & MMS, WMP, MS Task Manager, File Explorer, Internet Sharing, Sim Manager, MS Office 2010, Comm Manager, HTC Camera, HTC Wi-Fi Sharing, HTC Album, Quick GPS,Google Maps, Facebook, Opera, Youtube, Rhodium Keyboard Control, HTC Task Manager, USB to PC, EZ input SIP, and Phone Canvas from USCC 6.5 Shipped ROM. Well, that's about it, I added a couple new apps in the 7-4 update (added apps are highlighted above), download and enjoy.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post

Happy Holidays everyone.

I went to WP7. Battery drain on every Android device I owned was horrible. You get tired of apps running in the background that you use once a month. So far I'm happy with it and love the UI. Plus battery lasts for quite a while like my good ole TP2.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

with proper minfree settings I can get my battery for my touch pro 2 to last 2 days when in android

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development