PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [KITCHEN] Psyki 4 Final - Custom Glass Manila 2.1 (21874.5.0.83)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jametheth View Post
This rom seems awesome, but I have one serious issue with it...

Where in the hell is the standard "Internet Connection Sharing" application that pretty much comes with all roms?

Without that program I cannot do bluetooth data tethering out to another device, which is one of the most important things I use my phone for!

I have searched this thread, and found others asking about it as well, but no real answer..

I really don't want to have to flash back to another rom, I like this one!

Any answer please?
Try this:
Attached Files
File Type: cab Internet Sharing FIX.cab (3.9 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAvAAck View Post
nope, hard reset and sync, set up some favorites and they call when I hit the call icon on the contacts tab
once I change to default dialer, the call icon on the contacts tab doesn't dial out.
Enable the registry setting if you had disable it. Soft reset then try dialing from a contact again.

Here's another option for a dialer (see link) . If the wm default dialer didn't work I dunno what else can work for you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=585459
Old 04-20-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

hAvAAck is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hAvAAck

Quote:
Originally Posted by accessing View Post
Enable the registry setting if you had disable it. Soft reset then try dialing from a contact again.

Here's another option for a dialer (see link) . If the wm default dialer didn't work I dunno what else can work for you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=585459
yeah everything has been reversible, I just hate the curtain
that link has the curtain as well. oh well, thanks
Old 04-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

jametheth is a n00b

Quote:
Try this:
Tried that, did not work, in fact before running that I could actually hit the connect button in the Internet Connection Sharing program (have to hunt for it in the windows directory), after running that registry file the connect button is grayed out...

No go!

Anything else?
Old 04-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Try these. If the cab doesn't install, double check if intshrui.exe is running with fdc taskmanager. Close it and try to install again. If it still doesn't install, use total commander and install the files in the zip to the Windows folder. Soft reset then give it a go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip internet sharing.zip (17.4 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab net share fix.cab (17.2 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Lurker

jametheth is a n00b

Quote:
Try these. If the cab doesn't install, double check if intshrui.exe is running with fdc taskmanager. Close it and try to install again. If it still doesn't install, use total commander and install the files in the zip to the Windows folder. Soft reset then give it a go.

Well that made it so I could click the connect button again, and my device will think its tethered, but it cannot get out to the internet, I will continue to **** around with it for a bit.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Lurker

jametheth is a n00b

Still no go, flashing back to RootRom, but I will definitely keep my eyes on this one, would love to use it, but this is a key feature that I need to just work!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Lurker

jametheth is a n00b

In case anyone is interested I have some more information on this BT PAN tethering problem.

So prior to trying Psyki I was running some out of date version of RootRom. Probably a couple months old.

My devices happily tethered to my phone using the Blue-tooth PAN tethering protocol.

Psyki 4 had the issues mentioned above, after using the registry cab and changing the other, it would connect but not go anywhere.

So I thought, well might as well get the newest RootRom and call it good, cause it should work just as the one I was running did. Well it didn't, neither did a different rootrom variation. Neither did Swinnrom, or the newest Energy rom.

Basically every current rom I tried would not work.

So after some digging to find out what the hell was happening, I found that the TouchPro running these roms, was not telling my device it could use the PAN protocal, it was restricting it to DUN only.

So I grabbed my co-workers TP, which was running the last EmpiRom, which is relatively old, and sure enough it shows me both PAN and DUN on my other device, and the tethering works just fine.

So I download the old Empirom, put it on my phone, and walla, once again I can tether my 3g data out to my Archos 5IT over BT.

My guess is that somewhere recently along the line most of the kitchens made some change somewhere that borked BT PAN, and that sucks!

Any one else notice this?
Old 04-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

GhettoOthello is a n00b

Ok gentlemen, I'm having a little issue with the latest release.

Seems as though with a wifi connection, my email won't sync. It goes straight to a data connection (I have no data) and of course it won't sync. Is there a fix...? I've searched through the thread, haven't seen anything.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

greenskull13 is a n00b

this kitchen froze my tp. its Verizon but i don't get why other people can still use it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development