PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 05:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel/vzw

Ron M is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Ron M
Re: [JUL 11] *10 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

Hello All .....im Trying To Flash To Telus Radio V1.04.05v Telus Update But It Is Not Like The Others It Is A Rar. File And I Dont Know How To Instal It Can Anybody Help Please Thanx In Advance!!
Old 07-11-2009, 05:54 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron M View Post
Hello All .....im Trying To Flash To Telus Radio V1.04.05v Telus Update But It Is Not Like The Others It Is A Rar. File And I Dont Know How To Instal It Can Anybody Help Please Thanx In Advance!!
download WinRAR and extract the .rar file to your desktop. then run RomUpdateUtility.exe and it should guide you through the rest
Old 07-11-2009, 06:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel/vzw

Ron M is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Ron M

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
download WinRAR and extract the .rar file to your desktop. then run RomUpdateUtility.exe and it should guide you through the rest
THANK YOU for ur reply that paticular rar says update.... do i need a older version of the telus radio before instaling this one? also can u give me a link for romupdateutility.exe .......oh thanks once more!!!!

Last edited by Ron M; 07-11-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

which one should us Sprint users be using?
Old 07-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
which one should us Sprint users be using?
You can use any of them mate.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Strra you are AWESOME!!!!! Promise me to keep the first post updated for eternity
Old 07-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

So the Verizon is the best radio to use (I'm a Sprint Customer) I am not sure which would be a better radio.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
So the Verizon is the best radio to use (I'm a Sprint Customer) I am not sure which would be a better radio.
No really, the only way to know for sure which is going to be the best for you is to start testing them out for a few days. It's like asking "whats the best ROM?!" Nobody can really answer that for you, you have to answer it for yourself.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
No really, the only way to know for sure which is going to be the best for you is to start testing them out for a few days. It's like asking "whats the best ROM?!" Nobody can really answer that for you, you have to answer it for yourself.
I see, thank you. I wasn't sure if there were just simply ones that were better in every way. I always thought the higher number meant newer and all around better (in efficiency and performance)
I've been running with that Alltel 1.12.20 one lately since another thread said it was Sprint so I guess I unintentionally learned first hand that you can use any radio you want (Touch Pro radios only obviously, but carrier independent)

Last edited by iviyth0s; 07-12-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
I see, thank you. I wasn't sure if there were just simply ones that were better in every way. I always thought the higher number meant newer and all around better (in efficiency and performance)
Well there are some common trends: you'll hear people talk most about the Telus radio and the new Verizon radio; however, the hot-off-the-press Alltel radio released a couple days ago has been better for me than either, though other people have found it to be worse, so obviously there's still going to be variables.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development