PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide
Re: [061709] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21815 (Build 21815.5.0.5) [Touch Pro ROM & Kitch

Indagroove I know you update your ROM a lot but I have to say with 6/17 i've gotten the best battery life than i've ever had with any ROM since purchasing this phone back in Nov. Excellent work!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled
Carrier: Verizon

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [061709] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21815 (Build 21815.5.0.5) [Touch Pro ROM & Kitch

I built a 21815 rom with this kitchen and everything seemed to be snappy.
All of a sudden none of the program shortcuts work with some error message I didn't note down. This is resolved with a soft reset. I just came from Calkuins 21812 kitchen where I experienced the phone locking up then once I hit the soft reset button it was as if I had hard reset the phone and all was lost. This happened 3 times and now this corruption type of deal. Any ideas? Is my phone screwed or something, ready for warranty?
Old 06-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

is it possible to put the version of opera with flash?
Old 06-19-2009, 09:57 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by froader View Post
I built a 21815 rom with this kitchen and everything seemed to be snappy.
All of a sudden none of the program shortcuts work with some error message I didn't note down. This is resolved with a soft reset. I just came from Calkuins 21812 kitchen where I experienced the phone locking up then once I hit the soft reset button it was as if I had hard reset the phone and all was lost. This happened 3 times and now this corruption type of deal. Any ideas? Is my phone screwed or something, ready for warranty?
In my neighborhood (Diamondville), we have to flash back to the ship rom every so often to deal with corruption issues. It doesn't seem to be as big of an issue with Touch Pros, but I would suggest that you give that a shot, then try try again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:58 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
is it possible to put the version of opera with flash?
Um, gee, um..

RTFM?? (first post buddy):

Quote:
About Opera:

The built in opera has auto rotation disabled. To enable auto Gsensor rotation in Opera, install the cab in Start>SystemTools.

Flash is installed and working in this Opera version, however you need to enable plugins in Opera settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Groove,

I have used this ROM for a few days and I think it is GREAT!!!! After first flashing I had some problems with freezing (sometimes when I pushed on an icon it would just freeze up) but even those issues have seemingly worked themselves out. This is a great everyday ROM, period.

If I were to ask for anything else, well....maybe quickgps, because my first time using live maps took forever to get a lock, but after installing sprint navi, it now locks pretty quick. I like taskbars that include % for battery left, but I think that many of those have a memory leak and so I stay away from them.

Groove, keep up the great work man...We appreciate it.

Tp

Last edited by tpeazy; 06-19-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled
Carrier: Verizon

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
In my neighborhood (Diamondville), we have to flash back to the ship rom every so often to deal with corruption issues. It doesn't seem to be as big of an issue with Touch Pros, but I would suggest that you give that a shot, then try try again.
Gotcha! I ended up flashing a previous rom that worked for me to test out for now. I will definately flash a stocker if this continues and before any more Rom flashes.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

7_sins is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 7_sins Send a message via MSN to 7_sins Send a message via Yahoo to 7_sins

is there anyone that can help with this ?
i was playing with the camera and was toying around with the picture themes and it doesnt seem to work . it keeps popping up wit " Unable to capture photo. Unable to get frame data from camera device." can anyone help me please
Old 06-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

I have been using Goove5 ROMs for a few weeks now and under the advise of a few posters I am trying to use Titanium instead of Manila. Not sure what I want to do but the first thing I missed was a program launch screen so I need to modify using CHome config (somehow) or change the start menu. I also want to remove a few tabs from the existing tabs i.e., Windows Live.
I've searched but can't find instructions on CHome config. Like I said, trying to switch from Manila to Titanium.

Any help greatly appreciated.

tsp
Old 06-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsperez View Post
I have been using Goove5 ROMs for a few weeks now and under the advise of a few posters I am trying to use Titanium instead of Manila. Not sure what I want to do but the first thing I missed was a program launch screen so I need to modify using CHome config (somehow) or change the start menu. I also want to remove a few tabs from the existing tabs i.e., Windows Live.
I've searched but can't find instructions on CHome config. Like I said, trying to switch from Manila to Titanium.

Any help greatly appreciated.

tsp

Hey TSP,

Open CHome Editor and click on Windows Live (should be at the bottom) Then click menu and click remove panel. That's that. As far as reorganizing your start menu indagroove has included ReStart in your Start\System Tools folder. Open it and you can re-organize things, create new folders etc..

I hope this helps, if so, please hit the thanks button!

By the way, welcome to Titanium...give it some time, you'll love it, especially if its "Indagroove".

Tp

Last edited by tpeazy; 06-21-2009 at 09:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development