PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

pjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pjtwist2002
Re: How To unlock and flash with Video Walk Through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 551skydiver View Post
[
You will need to back up atleast your pim (contacts) or all data i personally recommend this program to back up data from your phone.

1st. nice walk through! helped out this noob! I successfully flashed 2 times!!!!!!!! gotta luv this stuff. props to you and many thanks.

2nd. tried this backup program and also did an activesync. but the backup program is not compatible with wm6.5 pro??? it gets stuck on restore. I went from stock TP rom to mightmikes and juicys and same problem. Is there a version of this backup program that can bridge the gap between the 2 OS ver's? Anyone? otherwise ima going to have to go back to stock and start over.

3rd. why wont wm device center restore once I flash to a new rom? is there a work around to this?
glad i could help but im not quite sure what ur talking bout with the backup program it works no matter what ive had all of them but what u need to do is install, activate, let it sit, then click restore and the click on file name u backed up to then let it sit for a min or 2 then click the box (ok) when its done and that should work if not trying making one name then backing it up to a different name then try to restore cuz who knows maybe u backed up wrong? let us know im interested now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy949 View Post
Thanks for the videos. Very helpful for a first time unlocker in making sure I was doing all the right steps.
no problem glad i could help!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

htcpro25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtwist2002 View Post
This video will walk you through the steps on how to unlock your device, flash a new Rom, and add a theme. This is a great tutorial for new users or users that are a little confused on how to flash and need to see hands on how to do it! if you are a little worried and have any further questions feel free to just post a question i answer all questions everyday or i try to at least!

The first walk through on how to unlock phone using hard spl cmonex.
  1. hard spl cmonex
  2. 1st walk through
The second walk through on how to flash a new Rom onto your device.
  1. Mighty ROM
  2. Juicy ROM
  3. Silence Rom
  4. Merdins Rom
  5. Demolition Rom
  6. Calcu's ROMs
  7. Groove ROM 3
  8. Glossman's Blue ROM, Red ROM
  9. Juggalo ROM
  10. DHarvey ROM
  11. 2nd walk through
The third walk through on how to add a theme to your diamond/tp.
  1. Themes
  2. 3rd walk through
Additional resources:
  1. Radios
  2. Freeware
  3. xda developers
A SPECIAL THANKS TO FISHY FOR THE WALK THROUGH ON YOUTUBE.COM

You will need to back up atleast your pim (contacts) or all data i personally recommend this program to back up data from your phone.

Thanks for the videos!! I knew I needed to flash the MightRom5 as the sprint rom was beyond rediculious, but was too much of a noob to try it. I got it on and it's great so much faster.. would have never tried it without the videos. Thanks Again and thanks to Mike for the great MightyRom5
Old 06-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

CodiHClark is a n00b

Do i just need to download the latest mightyrom version and thats it?
Old 06-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

CodiHClark is a n00b

Old 06-13-2009, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

garapyuto is just getting started

Great sticky! You have shown me that flashing ROM is not so hard. Doing it now, and am very thankful for your work!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

centman is a n00b

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to this but do have a sound understanding on how it's done. I see you refer to your touch pro as a diamond. I just have the Sprint HTC Touch Pro. Will your instructions work on mine or only on a Diamond?? Thanks
Old 06-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by centman View Post
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to this but do have a sound understanding on how it's done. I see you refer to your touch pro as a diamond. I just have the Sprint HTC Touch Pro. Will your instructions work on mine or only on a Diamond?? Thanks
As stated in the video the only thing different between unlocking the Diamond & the PRO are the links he's giving out.... If your not sure then just follow this... it will help u through...
Old 06-15-2009, 02:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

centman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
As stated in the video the only thing different between unlocking the Diamond & the PRO are the links he's giving out.... If your not sure then just follow this... it will help u through...
Thanks for the response. Yes I did see or hear where he mentioned that and that's why I am not doing it as of yet. Does he state which of the links we should be using for the pro as opposed to the diamond?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:09 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Yes I did see or hear where he mentioned that and that's why I am not doing it as of yet. Does he state which of the links we should be using for the pro as opposed to the diamond?
Check your PM
Old 06-15-2009, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

pjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pjtwist2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodiHClark View Post
you need to watch the walk through u download any rom you want from my rom selection links and the hard spl unlocker thats included to so make sure u unlock first!

Quote:
ok all the links for the touch pro are on this page the links for the diamond is on youtube not the thread! if u have any more q's plz send me a PM and i will get back to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
Check your PM
thank you journeyman for helping me out ive been busy gonna be relocating soon so hard to get on everyday now thank you again!!=D>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development