PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ringtone Corruption Workaround (21501)

Hey all. Apologies if this is a known workaround, but I thought I would post what I found.
I was unable to find the root of the corruption issues, but using Total Commander, I realized that the only files that were affected were compressed files (.wma and .mp3).
I then copied all the compressed system sound files (several are .wav's already) and used winamp to convert them into .wav files. I then copied the new files back into /Windows.
Now even though the files have different extensions, Sounds and Notifications seems to pick whichever one it feels like if the rest of the filename is the same. So make sure the filename of the .wav files is a bit different (I added a "-1", e.g. Alarm1-1.wav). Now in Sounds and Notifications, ensure that all sounds chosen are .wav versions of the files. This may also be necessary for Alarms, although for me, the ONLY files that even show up are the .wav files (both original and added).
For ringtones, you may need to copy the default windows ringtones into a My Ringtones folder.
For custom ringtones, you will also need to convert to uncompressed wav audio, but you can delete the original compressed version to avoid duplicates in S&N. If you have full .mp3's I HIGHLY recommend trimming them before trying to convert to .wav and transferring them back. WAV files can be quite large.
Note, you can't delete the compressed system sound files since they are classified as part of the ROM. So in Souds and Notifications, you will still have the "corruptable" files, but so long as all the files chosen are the .wav variety, you should be okay.
I have tested this on PPCKitchen build 21501 for a couple of days. So far so good.

Default sound files are attached below. Extract to /Windows (may need to move default ringtone files to My Ringtones)
Attached Files
File Type: zip System Sounds.zip (7.36 MB, 17 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by qbunnie; 05-21-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Attached uncompressed system sound files
Old 05-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: Ringtone Corruption Workaround (21501)

good looking out. too bad i'm lazy right now. haha.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

a few of us did the same thing when juicy was using that build, ive been using 21232 since it came out about a week ago and all seems to have been fixed. the 212xx are htc builds and 215xx are microsoft. its seems microsoft could learn a thing or 2...
Old 05-21-2009, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)
Threadstarter

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor

I have found at least one bug, although I don't think its from using this workaround. For some reason, when setting an Alarm, it will play the reminder sound from Sounds and Notifications rather than the Alarm sound.

nate, thanks for the build info. This seems to be a variable problem with a lot of 6.5 ROMs so I thought I would post the info. Hopefully PPCK uses an HTC build soon, although I might just have to learn how to add a kitchen base soon.
Anyways, I'll stick with this one for now. For me, every custom ROM either has too much or too little, and even most of the kitchens aren't as fleshed out as PPCK.
And yes, Microsoft could learn many things from many people, lol.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i had a hard time picking a rom, been using juicy for quite a while and he started using the newest rhodium in which you couldnt dial from it. so i used Calkulin's Kitchen and made my own oems from xbmod and the cdma fix and added that to the kitchen and its the best, fastest, most stable rom i have used to date.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development