PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

drewmerl is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM] Juicy 6 Functionality Issues - Random Problems

Hello to all.

First, the Juicy 7 thread had over 300 pages, and since I am on an older ROM I figure I would start a new thread in regards to issues that I am having.

So, for all of those that are still using the Juicy 6 ROM, I have a question on an issue that just came out of left field.

Sometime early this morning my phone just started going crazy displaying the following symptoms:
  • Randomly turning on and off.
  • Randomly rotates to landscape and stays in landscape.
  • Dialer randomly turns the screen on, typically in landscape.
  • Incoming calls will not light up screen.
  • Incoming calls will lock the screen for about 25 - 30 seconds.
  • Clock randomly changed to 24 clock.
  • Randomly turns on.
  • Will not sync to compter.
Crazy? Yes. I have not done anything different from yesterday. It was running fine when I woke up this morning as the alarm went off on time and then from then on it just decided to take another path.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo 700wx-->HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

biggaboo is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROM] Juicy 6 Functionality Issues - Random Problems

Did you try pulling out the battery, waiting 30 seconds, and putting it back in?

DIAMOND
Old 05-18-2009, 10:49 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Did you try posting in a forum where people might have actually used the Juicy6 ROM? It didn't happen here in the Diamond forum.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Yeah... Your profile says you have a TP, and this is the Diamond forum. Not only that.... this section is only for ROM releases, not questions.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

That's right OP. Please pay attention next time. I'll move this for you to the proper forum.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 05-19-2009, 12:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

well ever thought about hard resetting the phone or upgrading to a different ROM or to Juicy newest one by chance i am not sure if juicy 6 and 7 are totally different i just know juicy 7 is 6.5 i don't know if juicy 6 is 6.1 so yea if still acts up try hard resetting by holding down the volume key, power button, and the enter key and reset phone.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggaboo View Post
Did you try pulling out the battery, waiting 30 seconds, and putting it back in?
I have tired various types of resets with the battery out. I have done all except a hard reset as I am trying to do at least one last sync before I do a hard reset.

Doesn't look like that will be happening.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:04 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmerl View Post
I have tired various types of resets with the battery out. I have done all except a hard reset as I am trying to do at least one last sync before I do a hard reset.

Doesn't look like that will be happening.
you shold ALWAYS hard reset after you flash a rom
this fixes a lot of random bugs that occure, for example tonight i flashed my rom and it started going through my sounds and playing all of them during customizations
i did a hard reset and this problem didnt happen again
Old 05-19-2009, 03:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
you shold ALWAYS hard reset after you flash a rom
this fixes a lot of random bugs that occure, for example tonight i flashed my rom and it started going through my sounds and playing all of them during customizations
i did a hard reset and this problem didnt happen again
Thank you for the move, what was I thinking?!

In contrast to my posting experience (see comments above) , I have gone through three ROMs utilizing the process listed here. I had this ROM loaded previously and had no issues whatsoever sans the known bugs (clock, slow switching, etc.). On this second voyage with this ROM it is has been rock-solid for about two weeks. Needless to say I decided to flash to another J6 ROM to see how things go.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development