PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

decibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][05.06.09] dB_ROM WM 6.5 21501,21502,21222 ROM/Kitchen TouchPro [Multi-ROMs]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post
dB, appreciate your work here on this kitchen. I have been using Calk's kitchen and was able to get a VZW TP working perfectly w/21222, so I confirm it is working! Not sure what the issue is here, but Adobe flash and Windows Live caused build issues for me in the SYS/ROM I compiled, so maybe that's the issue here too.
So you had to drop Adobe Flash and Windows Live? Sweet, I'll roll those back to 21502 for VZW users. I might do it for all users. This should get my VZW peeps back online. Thanks!!
Quote:
On another note, I would like to use this kitchen too, but I have a hard time seeing why you don't just release build packs that can easily be inserted into the base kitchen build. I see the drop-down for choosing builds, but don't see an easy way, eg; to get 21502 into 21222 kitchen or vice versa.
Yep, this is my goal. Da_G and I have this in the works. He already has a drop in for 21502. I was going to do this with 21222, but had some issues with the XIP's I wanted to fix in the older kitchen. I will in the future release "Drop-In" packs for updates to the kitchen. I had already planned this, but wanted to get everything situated first.
Quote:
Also, a "How To" on creating base builds would be extremely useful. I know Bepe has a tut over at DarkForces, but I'm not exactly sure how to take the results I get from Platform Rebuilder and import them here. There are so many pieces available in this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54678

But a concise methodology for using then with this kitchen eludes me
What exactly do you mean by a Base Build?If your asking how to setup a clean Ervius/New Bepe style kitchen from scratch, I don't think this is the thread for that. I can give you pointers, but I don't want to flood my Kitchen thread with posts on how to setup a completely seperate kitchen. If you want to use my kitchen as a base, then download the main kitchen and just start off by loading the "BareBones*.erv" file. This will select the bare minimum. If you have seperate SYS' and you select one in the drop down, the selections will stay checked/unchecked but will switch to the SYS you selected. As far as the rest, just explain what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do.
Accepting Donations - If you like my work, please donate! All Donations go to saving the world, uhhh.. and other things. Specifically to development of ROMs. I will share proceeds with all who have contributed. I am cool like that.

dB_ROM: [05.14.09] dB_ROM WM 6.5 21501,21502,21222,21231 ROM/Kitchen TouchPro [Multi-ROMs]
XDA Thread: Click Here
PPCG Thread: Click Here
sMMS: Click Here
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Verizon

exiletina is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to exiletina Send a message via Skype™ to exiletina
Re: [ROM][05.06.09] dB_ROM WM 6.5 21501,21502,21222 ROM/Kitchen TouchPro [Multi-ROMs]

VZW TP stuck on Verizon screen. . . how to fix? Dumn noob question and I found in the thread where this is known. Help. . .
Old 05-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

decibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezurus View Post
Hmm... I think I waited like 8 mins, maybe I should have waited longer. I'll try again and wait longer.
See my previous post. I will build a VZW test rom when I get home this evening.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiletina View Post
VZW TP stuck on Verizon screen. . . how to fix? Dumn noob question and I found in the thread where this is known. Help. . .
I will post a test ROM later this evening. If you have my kitchen, try disabling Windows Live and AdobeFlash packages at the bottom of the kitchen packages list. Make then "FALSE" by double clicking them. Then build ROM. Otherwise wait for me to get home this evening to replace those two packages with the ones from 21502 and build a ROM for VZW users to try.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Oh.. and I just wanted to drop a BIG THANK YOU!!!!! to the person that donated weto my fund yesterday. I forgot to mention this last night and just got the reminder email from PayPal. You were the first (and so far, only) person to donate! But it is much appreciated and will go to helping develop these ROMs! Thank you again! You will get a personal email from me later with more details.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

seebeatty is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibel View Post
Odd. I have heard the VZW titan's had a problem getting 21222 to boot. I guess it's a problem with the TP's too. Very interesting. You said you used Full - All CDMA right? Could you try doing BareBones once to see what happens?

Thanks!
Confirmed I just tried Barebones and it did the same as no_manilla and Full.

Hangs indefinately on the boot screen "Please wait, phone is starting up"
Old 05-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Exclamation Re: [ROM][05.06.09] dB_ROM WM 6.5 21501,21502,21222 ROM/Kitchen TouchPro [Multi-ROMs]

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibel View Post
So you had to drop Adobe Flash and Windows Live? Sweet, I'll roll those back to 21502 for VZW users. I might do it for all users. This should get my VZW peeps back online. Thanks!!

Hit the "Thanks" button... please: I need the rep

Yep, this is my goal. Da_G and I have this in the works. He already has a drop in for 21502. I was going to do this with 21222, but had some issues with the XIP's I wanted to fix in the older kitchen. I will in the future release "Drop-In" packs for updates to the kitchen. I had already planned this, but wanted to get everything situated first.

Excellent, looking forward to it!

What exactly do you mean by a Base Build?If your asking how to setup a clean Ervius/New Bepe style kitchen from scratch, I don't think this is the thread for that. I can give you pointers, but I don't want to flood my Kitchen thread with posts on how to setup a completely seperate kitchen. If you want to use my kitchen as a base, then download the main kitchen and just start off by loading the "BareBones*.erv" file. This will select the bare minimum. If you have seperate SYS' and you select one in the drop down, the selections will stay checked/unchecked but will switch to the SYS you selected. As far as the rest, just explain what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do.

Base Build = SYS/ROM build package for drop-in, just what we discussed above, but instead of having you make it all the time, I'd like to fish myself The thread I mentioned above has lots of folks (you too) with elements of the builds, SYS, XIP, OS payloads, etc. for various phones, Titan, Diamond, TP. I would like to know how to construct; eg, the base build for 21502 or 21222 that goes into this kitchen from those elements that folks float over in that thread and on XDA. Bepe's tut sorta gets me started, but I don't see the forest thru the trees yet.
Thanks

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey db, Can you tell me what folder I add my own OEMs to? Ill be donating sometime tonight bu the way! Thanks for all your work!!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo and Palm Pre

tn_friend is just getting started

How do you get the Radar to work on Titanium Weather? When i push on it, it says the url is not available
Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
Hey db, Can you tell me what folder I add my own OEMs to? Ill be donating sometime tonight bu the way! Thanks for all your work!!
After you run them through the "EXT_Package_Rebuilder.exe" (which will create the <files> dir in the package and the <app.reg> and <app.dat>) you just put them in any of the folders in <EXT\Herman\COMMON>. Thanks! I'll definitely not turn it down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_friend View Post
How do you get the Radar to work on Titanium Weather? When i push on it, it says the url is not available
Once th radar app has loaded (yes after you hit ok on the error), tap and hold on the screen to bring up the hidden menu, then Add Radar URL. You have to find your own radar image url. Look at the Titanium Weather thread for how to find an image url.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development