PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What ROM are you using for Cricket?
Sprint Official ROM tweaked to work with Cricket. 21 16.03%
Custom ROM tweaked to work with Cricket. 81 61.83%
Made my own in PPC Kitchen. 8 6.11%
This ROM. 21 16.03%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 03:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: Touch Pro Cricket ROM

thanks. dl-ing now, will see what's up in morning.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Levi727 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...9&postcount=13 or run this and be happy. (What this thread was started on to begin with.)
Is this the "out of the box ROM kit we've been waiting for?? what do you mean by "run this and be happy"?

I've been watching this thread go back and forth and have been going back and forth myself trying to get MMS working on ANY ROM for a Touch Pro on Cricket service.

I started with MightyROM 6, and that went south when I couldn't get MMS to work. (WAP is easy...)
I then tried EnergyROM, Really nice and slick. Was able to get internet AND mms to work fine. Though I couldn't tell ya what exactly I did to do it.
It's on girlfriend's phone, and during the next day she complained that the battery drained way too fast on EnergyROM. Down to 60% by lunch without use... Phone would turn itself on by itself...

She liked MightyROM while flashing different ROM's due to the Titanium (But I didn't explore EnergyROM enough to configure it and switch to Titanium - I'm kinda new to 6.5...)

So, with the confidence that I got MMS to work on Energy, I thought I'd be able to then get Mighty to work right...I decided to put Mighty back on. But MMS failed again...

Tried resorting to go back to Energy, and just configure it and see if I could take anything out to help with battery... since all proggies are in ROM, nothing's really "removable".. but this second time I couldn't get MMS to work...
(I did find out that he has that rom set to not auto adjust the backlight and that both battery and external power are full brightness)

Been trying with a friend's phone (exact same setup - on Cricket with Touch Pro) and he can't get it either. Two phones stuck with MMS problems.

I've tried the cabs that are in the early post [in capital letters (CRICKET WAP, MMS and Arcsoft 5_2_3_22)] claiming "all will work, just install" and they then end up killing the battery icon.

I've tried the 3 cabs that make the icon still work (I believe those and the Word doc that has all the settings listed out that you were working on were what ended up working on Energy when I was successful)

and I've tried the SprintMMS.

I've been in the WspHeader key and mm1 and Arcsoft in general in the registry so much that I can damn near tell ya what all's in there by memory; same for the MMS / Pic/Video Options... for the servers tab in Arcsoft settings...

In order to work for the moment, she's on NFSFAN's rom, with the SprintMMS cab. That works, but the incoming images are resized to be really tiny (maybe like 100x150 pix), doesn't matter who from... so that's a new issue to figure out.

I would like to get Energy ROM, or hell, if anyone knows of one that's more efficient, working again with Full MMS... but I just cannot remember what I did to get it working that first time... it's really frustrating.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to 'splain it all. I appreciate all the work you've done jpwhre.

Last edited by Levi727; 10-12-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: rephrasing
Old 10-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Almost a VIP

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

yes it is an out of the box rom. by run it and be happy i mean it is 6.1 and it is super stripped and basic. but it does work perfect. in fact it was stripped down last night. i'm going to go thru it today, try and reach the builder, and see if i can get the programs into a 6.5 rom. with help from others i hope
Old 10-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

dslmel is just getting started

I'm sorry, (and confused) .. Maybe i'm special? or maybe it IS actually the phones (which I can't see how it could be?)

I have used the cabs with pretty much every rom on the current main page (and including the 6.1 cricket rom) and have no issues with the battery icon or whatever it is seems to be ailing ...

I can also say my Sprint Touch Pro will NOT hard reset using down/enter buttons or thru *776 or whatever code that is...

Same goes to all these threads where some works for some and others, it don't work going thru the exact same steps, I have no clue.

But if I had a camcorder, I could wipe my device, load a rom, load the cabs i listed, and pop right on sending mms and w/o batt. issues, all within about 10 mins start to finish using any rom on here.

So yea, i dunno, "I FIGURED" it should work for everyone as there is no error to a tiny mistake editing the registry and so ferth since the cab does it all for you..

Anywhoooooooo ... what i will do in the next day or too ... I am currently using NFSFAN clean rom, i will do a spb backup full, and upload it, so all you have to do is just install NFSFAN rom and run my backup, and then you can check and play with all the settings I have and see where what if anything differs.. in setup and registry or wherever.

Like I say I just click and go, and it werks perfectly fine on any rom i use, but, JP, if i follow your post, i can't get nothing out.. BUT it works for you..

It's just weirddddddddddddddddd..... but whatever..

MMS is nice, but someone get us from behind that damn 8080 only wap, then i'd be like... "Hello god' ...

You guys rule! I suck! Peace!
Radio Version: 1.11.00F

Thanks to all on this site! Awesome Group of People!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Almost a VIP

the 8080 wap is crickets deal. they have blocked all ports but 8080 and the net is 0.11Mbs limit. although i lost intrest in the thread, you could check this one out. http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1537786 not to bust your tenders, only offering help, but did you turn the phone off and try hard reset? press and hold center button, followed by valume down and finishing off by pressing power. when grey screen comes on, let all 3 buttons go.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Almost a VIP

Only a suggestion. Install all your program, games, and what have you to your SD card, there will be a file on card called programs.

Install carrier, connection, and virus cabs to your device. They wont be found on sd card in program folder, and in event you remove the card for working on in on pc, the settings will still be on your device.

After you install a cab, i.e current google maps to sd card, then you get your location, gps, and favs settings, when you flash to new rom, all those settings are still there, just reinstall cab, or find the launch icon on your sd card and past a shortcut of it in windows/start menu. If you have a program with settings saved, and a new rom has those programs, don't be afraid to over write them, or you will need to redo all your settings. If you find double icons in start menu, just delete the older one out of start menu.

This cab should be on sd card. Pressing power button gives you a turn screen off/shut off/reset device screen. Other options too, top right is a cog, or gear if you will. It will allow you to hard reset.

Last edited by jpwhre; 07-08-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:54 AM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra78 View Post
here's the dumped rom if anyone wants to take a look at it
http://www.mediafire.com/?xolnzdnu3ey

It is Drunk's TP 4.50 rom. It was dumped using Calkulins Visual Kitchen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
thanks. dl-ing now, will see what's up in morning.
Hi JP...how did it go?

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

integra78 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to integra78 Send a message via Yahoo to integra78

I tried to cook a 6.5 rom using SSK's kitchen and successfully flashed a somewhat working rom..lol It has the newer manila and most of the cricket settings cooked in.
Almost all of the settings are there, except i need to figure out how get the Mortscript working that writes the X-Cricket-MDN key in the registry.
I also have a problem with the wallpaper not changing.
I might just use a visual kitchen instead and have more success with that.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Almost a VIP

haven't had a chance to work on it. my dell service went off and i updated a couple drivers, haven't been able to get pc working right since. still trying to get it up. pc startated laggen and takes 5-7 min to start up, and then net wont start. having to find what i can with phone and when pc gets cleared up........
Old 10-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

integra78 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to integra78 Send a message via Yahoo to integra78

I made another rom using Calkulins kitchen which is much easier to use.
I've got a few tweaks and bugs to work out, but I'm kinda getting the hang of it.
I'll try to upload a working version for cricket users to test once I figure out what I'm doing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development