PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you hit the unbootable cycle?
No, It all unlocked fine. 257 58.94%
Yes, but flashing a rom over it fixed it. 72 16.51%
Didn't work at all. 107 24.54%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ebuechler3 is keeping up the good workebuechler3 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: unlock your TP via the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I honestly think at this point any unlocked rom will get you out of the loop. I am not sure what causes this error, but flashing any rom at this point seems to get you out.
thanks. your method worked. battery was full when i flashed spl via sd card but almost completely dead when i tried to flash any rom immediately afterwards. I installed latest phantom rom via active sync and everything is working great!! thanks to all you guys at ppc..
Old 04-11-2009, 03:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
im not so sure about the not relocking part since i relock my tp via sd like a normal flash using the shipped sprint nbh
I've never seen that behavior on the sprint touch pro's I've flashed with the shipped rom, both the exe or just the nbh. Even ImCoKeMaN said that cmonex and olipro made the hardspl to where it couldn't be overwritten. I did see another guy over there is saying the same thing as you though. You may have already read up on it but if not it's discussed over on page 7 of the stock roms thread. Which sprint shipped rom are you using when it relocks your phone?
Old 04-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

at this point I honestly don't remember since I grabbed it a while ago and saved it on my sd card. but it was one of the exe roms that I do know. but maybe my TP is weird since I remember people talking about the light sensor not turning off their screen on calls and mine does. its funny all the people I saw wanted that feature but honestly I just want to turn it off because its annoying as hell if you call anything with dialer options (sprint, comcast, work's help desk, etc.) which i do alot.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuechler3 View Post
thanks to all you guys at ppc..
not hi-jacking, but since u got everything up and going on ur touchpro update ur device info
Old 04-11-2009, 09:20 AM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

also, a n00b moment, sorry fellas. i dont feel like searching google, so if u go that route, fine, but corny...but whats the difference from a shipped vs a dumped rom??? TIA
Old 04-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

a shipped rom is a leaked(or official) release from the carrier, while a dumped rom is a reverse engineered extraction from a stock phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:28 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

wow...that is a noob moment..lol...just kidding. To add onto what cornelious wrote, a shipped rom flashes the OS(operating system) rom and the radio rom. A dumped rom just flashes the OS rom.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:30 AM
VIP Member

'preciate that fellas...was wondering, now i know...cool beans

ok, but with that said, in cases where u shud flash back to stock rom, is the shipped or the dumped version the best to use for this??
4 example, phone has to go back to sprint.......or having radio prollems or sum other type of hang up flashing.....

Last edited by skeegcpp; 04-11-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:37 AM
VIP Member

Thanks for updating first post Cornelious.

Last edited by razorloves; 04-11-2009 at 11:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
'preciate that fellas...was wondering, now i know...cool beans

ok, but with that said, in cases where u shud flash back to stock rom, is the shipped or the dumped version the best to use for this??
4 example, phone has to go back to sprint.......or having radio prollems or sum other type of hang up flashing.....
shipped rom. with the dumped roms they function like stock but you have to be unlocked while the shipped ones are properly signed and can function on the normal bootloader.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
unlock flash relock sd