PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Consigliere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Backing up contacts? HELP!

Was wondering if someone could help me out here. To make a long story short I have to delete my contacts off of my phone for security reasons, but only temporarily. Meaning that when I go to work I have to have my contacts off of my phone. So I'd like to be able to take them off when I leave for work, and when I get back home put them back on the phone via my computer. Also I don't want to keep that data on a computer but instead on a USB memory device instead. I'm assuming I can use activesync for this, but will I also have to use outlook and how is the outlook used? I've never used outlook once before in my life.

So what I'm asking is if there is an easy and simple way for me to back up my contacts on the computer, and then transfer the contact info to a memory stick while also keeping it off the computer? Then when I want to load it back on the phone just simply do so from the USB drive with the computer?

I may have to do this every weekend. I'd also like to delete all text threads off my phone as well, and back up on the computer so I can put them back on later. I know quite a bit about computers etc but never used outlook before and have yet to even tinker with my Touch Pro so I feel kinda stupid asking this, lol. Thanks in advance!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work
Re: Backing up contacts? HELP!

search for PPCPimBackup. it will do what you need.

**edit**
hell nevermind, here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: rar PPCPimBackup.rar (168.9 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

You could try microsoft myphone. It'll back up contacts to a live account and restore them. You can set the program to sync manually, and just run it on your phone after work to get them back on. You wouldn't need a computer to restore them, but would have to manually select all contacts and delete them before work. They'd be stored on a server somewhere, so you may not want that if you only want them on a usb stick.
http://myphone.microsoft.com/
Old 03-14-2009, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
search for PPCPimBackup. it will do what you need.

**edit**
hell nevermind, here it is.

What he said, and then just back them up to your microSD card instead of all the extra steps you mentioned doing. So when you leave to go to work, take out the SD card, delete your contacts, and after work, restore from the SD card when you leave.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

PIM FTW its my favorite one
Old 03-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Since there are numerous threads discussing various backup applications, I'm gonna close this one down.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development