PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 02:28 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Radio for Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
ok i know switching radio does not hard reset, but what about unlocking...does that hard reset?
I just unlocked mine and am now running the 1.11.00F and it never hard reset. I love it, will give yall a review on it in a few days. gonna spend a few days on my GSXR as bike week just ended and spring breakers have flocked to the Daytona area. talk to yall in a few.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:55 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

running 1.11 too.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:58 AM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
running 1.11 too.
how long have you been running it and what do you think about it?
Old 03-13-2009, 03:00 AM
Super Saiyan 3

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
how long have you been running it and what do you think about it?

been running it for around a week, and so far i haven't dropped ev-do connection like i normally would. thumbs up!
Old 03-13-2009, 03:02 AM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
been running it for around a week, and so far i haven't dropped ev-do connection like i normally would. thumbs up!
superb brotha thanks for the info.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:00 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

telus radio all the way, i never ever have connection problems, phone doesnt heat up, and my phone generally lasts 2 days with normal usage (2-5 phone calls, 30 texts, streaming music/tv online, and web browsing with opera) im also on juggalo's rom
Old 03-13-2009, 08:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I think he is saying that he has a Sprint TP ported over to work on Verizon's service.
Correct. You can use any radio on any service.

~John
Old 03-13-2009, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have used both the 1.11.00F & the Telus.

They both work fine for me, I really can't decide which one has any advantage over the other.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bit1 is becoming a great contributor

I'm with Jmorton. I tried the Telus and now use the 1.11 Sprint one. They both seem the same to me but regardless much better than stock. My phone used to feel hot all the time , that is now gone and my battery life is much improved. I would say you can't go wrong with either but area must play a role. I'm in the Northeast US so we have tons of towers anyway.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Almost a VIP

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

I ran the Telus radio for a week and while I would say the signal may be a tick better, it would fluctuate more. However, the big kicker for me was, when leaving slingplayer, it would sometimes kick me into 1X mode and only a soft reset or turning data off/on would clear it.

So I went with the Sprint 1.11 radio and it has been great. No 1X issues and the signal definitely holds steadier for me, where I am.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development