PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 07:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
How do I rename then delete the "shellres.192.dll" file in the Windows directory? I'm trying to install a new Start icon (the HTC Logo). I've tried Resco Explorer and Total Commander and neither can rename or delete that file.
Not sure, but when i tried changing the Start icon on his rom, i wouldnt affect anything.

maybe something to do with DLL's into Modules for faster performance etc etc, anyone share some insight?
Old 02-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Not sure, but when i tried changing the Start icon on his rom, i wouldnt affect anything.

maybe something to do with DLL's into Modules for faster performance etc etc, anyone share some insight?

I had a similar issue. You need to rename shellres.192.dll.0409.mui , not the shellres.192.dll. I used total commander to do it.

So, if the file you have is called shellres.192.dll, rename it to shellres.192.dll.0409.mui and put it in Windows. You'll need to rename the one currently in Windows...and like I said....I used TC to do it

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!

Last edited by DaPeeps; 02-28-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP
Carrier: Sprint

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

I renamed shellres.192.dll.0409.mui by adding .old to the end of it. Then I reinstalled tsowentaskbar3V1.4 again which comes with its own start icon (a shellres.192.dll file), but after soft resetting it was still the plain white icon that comes with MightyROM.

Also, neither Total Commander or Resco Explorer will let me rename the shellres.192.dll file.

Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 02-28-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
I renamed shellres.192.dll.0409.mui by adding .old to the end of it. Then I reinstalled tsowentaskbar3V1.4 again which comes with its own start icon (a shellres.192.dll file), but after soft resetting it was still the plain white icon that comes with MightyROM.

You need to take the shellres.192.dll that comes with TSowens taskbar and rename it to shellres.192.dll.0409.mui, then put it in the Windows directory....soft reset.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotech View Post
I am having major problems with exchange in 4.11 and 4.12.. Flashing back to 4.10.. My mail is not in sync at all.. also not getting notifications of new emails and old emails still showing up after they have been deleted.. Hope this can be fixed.. I notice patch notes for 4.12 say its fixed but still having problems here.. =[
I've been following this thread closely and so far I do believe you're the only one to have problems with 4.12

My push mail is working perfectly even after the phone has been off all night. Have you made any reg edits ? What software do you have installed ? Are you using true MS push ? Do you have any custom themes or have altered anything ? Have you tried any setting changes to see if it rectifies the issue ? Have you checked your servers to make sure they are pushing properly ?

When reporting an issue it's really important to try and report as much information as possible so those of us in this thread, including the Rom creator Mighty Mike, can try to help you and get to the bottom of it.

Thanks Bud,
Billy
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
You need to take the shellres.192.dll that comes with TSowens taskbar and rename it to shellres.192.dll.0409.mui, then put it in the Windows directory....soft reset.
Thanks! Finally got it.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Anyone whip up a .cab yet to change programs from 4 columns and wide scroll bar back to default? I know the reg keys involved to do it, but has anyone automated it for use in UC?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

laxlakerfan is a n00b

i have had a few issues after installing 4.12 and havent been able to locate any help via the search feature...
#1 the gps wont locate unless i have the phone hooked up to the computer via usb
#2 the internet on the phone wont connect unless the phone is connected to the computer.
i dont have anything else loaded on the phone, this is right after the install, several hard resets havent fixed it.
also the volume on the phone is super low, ive loaded the lite and full volume boosters seperately, reset, etc and still low, i literally have to have the phone on speaker phone to hear anybody.
any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

p.s.
this phone was a warranty exchange and it was brand new when i flashed it
Old 02-28-2009, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Has anyone had any success in adding the HD Contacts tab and the Stocks tab to this ROM? I found a few cabs for both here on PPCGEEKS and on XDA but can't get them working... Can working cabs for both tabs be posted? Thanks!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
Anyone whip up a .cab yet to change programs from 4 columns and wide scroll bar back to default? I know the reg keys involved to do it, but has anyone automated it for use in UC?
This can be changed using the diamond tweak application, you can find this here: http://montecristoff.webs.com/

After you install it, the option to change the scroll bars and the programs to 3 or 4 will be found in section 17 - Diary. To change the columns back to 3 change it under Icons disposition... to get the default scroll bar change the Vertical scroll bar to small. After making changes, click OK then soft reset your phone.

Edit: There are 2 versions of Diamond Tweak - make sure you download the one for the Diamond/TP!

Last edited by chino331; 02-28-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development