PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Reno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Reno
Re: [March 23rd, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.15 [20771]

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
If anyone is having problems with Start Menu icon on this rom, let me know. I figured out how to do it. For some reason, mine never changed with the adding of any taskbar, it remained the black and white windows logo.
the cab just changes the taskbar, to change your start button you need to edit your shellres.192.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

benji82 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji82 View Post
sweet rom, very stable. small cosmetic issue though, anyone know how to fix the "half tab" when using htc volume control in landscape mode?

posted a screen below. tia
i guess its probably just part of the manila u use, never really push the vol button when in landscape mode, it's quite awkward to when the keyboard is out and i probably won't ever push the vol button in landscape again but if ur a perfectionist lol u probably won't be able to sleep at night.

anyway, all i did was install the rhodium vol cab from xbox mod and it overwrote the messed up manila files or whatever is is...

Last edited by benji82; 03-23-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Reno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
I'm going to continue using sMMS, I still haven't found anything better
IMHO Arcsoft > sMMS, i used to use sMMS and donated to it, but Arcsofts threaded picturemail and everything is just +1 haha, also it works really well with MightyROM 4.15
Old 03-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
I explained it here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=4718

You can also extract the files from the taskbar cab file, rename the shellres.192.dll to shellres.192.dll.0409.mui and put it back in the cab file. I did this and whenever I install the taskbar cab file, it changes the start icon as well w/o having to manually do everything in the linked to post.
Thats great that that worked for you that way but I've seen this happen over and over and Windows will NOT let you change the file name because of the original shellres.192.dll.0409.mui file being in use.

Here is what I did. Navigate to the Windows root and scroll down to the shellres.192.dll.0409.mui file. Make a mental note of the file size so you dont get confused. Run the Icon Demarrer cab I attached. This cab allows you to change the file. I have no idea why or how it works, all I know is it DOES. Dump the shellres.192.dll you have in the root of Windows. Chnage that file name to "shellres.192.dll.0409.mui"After you do that, delete the older version or rename it with a .bak extention if you're worried. Restart. BAM! Should work.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Icone Demarrer.cab (5.6 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 - CM11
Carrier: Verizon

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I goofed! Be right back...
Old 03-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
the cab just changes the taskbar, to change your start button you need to edit your shellres.192.

You dont need to edit anything. read above post
Old 03-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
You dont need to edit anything. read above post

i think you still need to edit the shellres file that you are putting in with whatever start icon you want to use. i already have my start icon set, im just trying to help everyone else out with it(:
Old 03-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 - CM11
Carrier: Verizon

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I fixed it...sorry guys...it works now. In my haste earlier I uploaded the wrong one.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=4873
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
i think you still need to edit the shellres file that you are putting in with whatever start icon you want to use. i already have my start icon set, im just trying to help everyone else out with it(:

Ok, I understand what you're syaing but thats if you wanted to customize and put your own special start icon. I am referring to just getting the start icon to work as it seems that no matter what taskbar you put in, thats the only thing that you need to add manually.

For instance, right now, I have a start icon from one package, a speaker/vibrate icon from another package all running on the TSownes 3.14 at the same with no issues at all.

Last edited by reigndropz; 03-23-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:25 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

anyone have arcsoft MMS installed with the additional tab (callhistory, calender, comm)? was wondering if you guys have issues with accessing any menus? i remember not being able to access inbox because of MMS interfering with the additional tabs

also, can someone post the newest version of arcsoft?

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development