PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 05:37 AM
jcu
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jcu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2-24-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.7 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
I could be mistaken as I don't use that tab very much, but the pics in my tf3d album tab don't show up until I do a soft reset.
Confirmed. All the pictures/video I took today don't show up until I do a soft reset.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nevi0008 is a n00b
Re: [2-24-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.7 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

Hey guys, I have a quick question. I use sprite backup to restore my contacts, pictures, messages, etc. My contacts restore, but when somebody calls it does not link with the name. So only the number shows up. When I make them my favorite, it displays the name correctly when I call them and they call me. I don't know if this is a ROM issue or a sprite backup issue or if everybody has this problem. What is the best way to correct this issue? Does PIMbackup do the same thing. Thanks for your guys help.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:46 AM
N00b

GigityC6 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenlink View Post
Anyone tried to use MobileMonger? When I run it, it loads and then when I select scan device I get a pop-up error messages that states "Problem scanning path \ : Exception Occured scanning Directory Windows : Exception Occured scanning directories"

When I scan the storage card I get no error, it just tells me how much free space is on the card.
Yes, this happenes on my phone as well.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Lurker

nevi0008 is a n00b

Restoring contacts after rom change. When I stored my numbers I did not put a 1 in front of all the numbers. When I get a call through caller ID there is a 1. So the caller ID is not recognizing my contacts. Is there a solution to this?
Old 03-02-2009, 01:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond pro
Carrier: bell

OldQuser is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevi0008 View Post
Restoring contacts after rom change. When I stored my numbers I did not put a 1 in front of all the numbers. When I get a call through caller ID there is a 1. So the caller ID is not recognizing my contacts. Is there a solution to this?

try disabling automatic prepend in phone settings.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

scorpionreign is just getting started

I love this ROM, I'm hoping you make a WM6.5 soon.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

knewBee4lyfe is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to knewBee4lyfe
Re: [2-21-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.6 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs2k View Post
YES, I UNDERSTAND HOW FRUSTRATING THIS CAN BE FOR YOU. I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO IGNORE A POST. YOU KNOW, YOU JUST GOTTA READ EVERYTHING EVERYONE POST IN THIS FORUM.

FOR A PERSON WHO JUST BOUGHT THE TP, HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT FEATURE IS CALLED "LANDSCAPE???"

----------------------------------------------------

Kevin, sorry to thread crap. Keep up the good work, I love your roms! Cheers

okie... umm... bc its called landscape in more than just the TP... what do u call a paper thats printed side ways... (hint... click on file > page setup...) thats like a guy that just bought a car... and he didn't know the thing u open to get inside is called a door.

i know im not really the best at observation and i know im not trying to flame on anyone... but to me, why take all these steps into changing ur rom, when u don't read about it. and then when something goes wrong, they bring it back to the store, only to blame the "cook" that they didn't know that sprint won't replace a bricked phone due to reprogramming issues. basically ignorance is only tolerated but pure lazyness... sheesh. i know i search and i don't find anything. or its difficult. but i've answered that question 4 times myself. in msgs just as long as this one. and what he's mad about is that 4 posts after mine... was the same question i was answering.

btw... sorry so late ... i have been berry very busy... umm...
being a knew bee, im always learning stuff im forgetting, ADHD Sucks balls. i knew i should have listened to my mommy when she said drugs are bad... but i was never this bad at remembering stuff... anyways... learning, yea... ADHD makes me a person that writes long and useless stuff... anyways back to learning... i will be a new bee for life because by the time i understand something, im 2 updates behind. sorry.

Last edited by knewBee4lyfe; 03-02-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

knewBee4lyfe is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to knewBee4lyfe

btw...

im getting lagging issues... but not the way everyone experiences it. i know i'd probably have to do a hard reset and im using 1.5... and i should go to 1.7 but i want to wait. bc im simply getting tired of having to re- set up ringtones... favorites... bt headsets... lose all my websites and saved videos in you tube. but i just wanted everyone to know. specially housinit and kevank... my phone ran fine for the last month and a half since i installed it. i did get the regular lagg issues but i knew how to deal w/ it. and it didn't bother me since it was like once every 2 weeks. but now... ill type regularly and it would freeze halfway through what im typing... and 30 seconds later it would start posting what i typed to a certain amt of letters. and then after i am patient w/ it... it starts skipping letters... or just start typing rrrrrrrrrrrr like... if i was to type a message uninterupted it would go like this....

"hey buddy, i was jus (pause for 30 sec) t wonder (pause) rrrrrrring wht hpened t o the wm6.5 rooooooooom... I w(pause)a(pause)n(pause)ted to know wht yu wllllllllllllll instl iiiiiii n it."

tried clearing cache and soft resetting... clearing text msgs... but to no avail. i just wanted to wait for a major rebuild before re-flashing.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:53 PM
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Honestly, 1.7 could be considered a major rebuild. KK changed to a new build (21015) and I think it's his best one yet. Definitely the fastest and smoothest in my opinion.

Yes reflashing sucks, but have you tried Spb backup. I don't personally use it so I can't give you the best reivew, but it has some of those features that will make your life easier when doing reflashing.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Old 03-02-2009, 06:07 PM
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Also, have you tried to use any RAM reclaiming software? Sometimes a program hangs a little on close, which could be adding to your problems. Although they give you part of your RAM back, they could help to close anything that is causing conflicts which may lead to your problems. Some of the more popular ones are Oxios and Memaid. However, there was one just recently made called cleanRAM that's been getting a lot of praise. It's also free and the developer works like a mad man releasing new versions.

Kev, I know we don't really need any clean ram software since we have so much, but you still might to want to include it. I use cleanRAM, which I mentioned previously. See my write up here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development