PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Touch Pro PRI Update... thanks Bored. (Roaming resolved with "HLR Reload") (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51614)

Formula84 01-03-2009 11:26 AM

Touch Pro PRI Update... thanks Bored. (Roaming resolved with "HLR Reload")

In my pri question thread "http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47980"

NexVision posted this "1.57_003 SPCS TP", wondering if anyone knows how can I obtain this as I seem to be having weird issues, when I first got my pro i flashed a TELUS rom and did a pri (not prl) update from within the settings->connections tab (only rom i have ever seen this before. Anyway since then I have been unable to roam, when ever roaming i get a message from Verizon "sorry but account can not be authorize or validated" something like that.

I was hoping that someone had a way for me to update my pri but i cant seem to find it, any ideas?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update thanks to the suggestions I was able to get my roaming problems resolved although not by the PRI update, rather a "HLR Reload" done by a CS Rep at sprint over the phone. I had found the shipped exe from prints latest flashed which did update my PRL for me, but i still had roaming issues a little more googling lead me to find the "HLR Reload" trick, which worked Great.

It was requested that I edit this first post to reflect the information provided by Bored. Here's the PRI update resolution for those that need it. From Post #4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lllboredlll (Post 623762)
Are you sure you wouldnt rather have the telus pri instead? I can give you either one, I have them both filed. Just let me know the exact one you want.

Also once you install a pri.cab you need to go to /windows/PPST.exe and execute that file. It will pull the pri data off of the cab install and update your radio programming.

Edit: I attached Sprints PRI.

Install the cab on your device. then go to /WINDOWS/PPST.exe without soft resetting first. Once it is complete it will reset your device then you will most likely need to update your PRL.
OR
You said you can update thru the connections tab. If that will work then go for it. I've never seen that though. could you tell me where you got the ROM. I'll like to look into that and possible incorporate that into my ROM for development reasons.

AFAngryWarrior 01-07-2009 07:12 AM

Re: Cant roam voice after pri udpate mess(Sprint)

Have you tried going to /Windows and clicking PPTS.exe and letting the PRI update that way? If that doesnt work can you do over the air updates like Verizon's *228 option 2?

skeegcpp 01-07-2009 07:23 AM

form84, try relocking, then flash back the latest sprint rom(update everythign here). after that, unlock and flash Telus rom back.

lllboredlll 01-07-2009 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Formula84 (Post 615309)
In my pri question thread "http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47980"

NexVision posted this "1.57_003 SPCS TP", wondering if anyone knows how can I obtain this as I seem to be having weird issues, when I first got my pro i flashed a TELUS rom and did a pri (not prl) update from within the settings->connections tab (only rom i have ever seen this before. Anyway since then I have been unable to roam, when ever roaming i get a message from Verizon "sorry but account can not be aurthorize or validated" something like that.

I was hoping that someone had a way for me to update my pri but i cant seem to find it, any ideas?

Are you sure you wouldnt rather have the telus pri instead? I can give you either one, I have them both filed. Just let me know the exact one you want.

Also once you install a pri.cab you need to go to /windows/PPST.exe and execute that file. It will pull the pri data off of the cab install and update your radio programming.

Install the cab on your device. then go to /WINDOWS/PPST.exe without soft resetting first. Once it is complete it will reset your device then you will most likely need to update your PRL.
OR
You said you can update thru the connections tab. If that will work then go for it. I've never seen that though. could you tell me where you got the ROM. I'll like to look into that and possible incorporate that into my ROM for development reasons.

LilRico 01-15-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

OR

Can you get or do you have Sprint's 1.57_003 PRI?

mikee4fun 02-11-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilRico (Post 642840)
Can you get or do you have Sprint's 1.57_003 PRI?

I would love 1.57 as well. I cannot find it anywhere. =)

banzaiwolfe 02-11-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 623695)
form84, try relocking, then flash back the latest sprint rom(update everythign here). after that, unlock and flash Telus rom back.

Unless something has changed, I'm pretty sure you want to flash the stock before you lock the phone again...

Maxx134 02-21-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

OR

This ran perfect for me.
Following instructions, it updated just my PRI and did not affect my PRL at all :)
Others may have had PRL change, but not me.
I already had updated Sprint 60750 PRL and also new Sprint radio 1.11.00F loaded before i did this.

Formula84 02-23-2009 12:18 PM

Re: Touch Pro PRI Update... thanks Bored. (Roaming resolved with "HLR Reload")

updated the first post as requested Maxx134

LilRico 03-04-2009 11:21 AM

I tried the cab, and still didn't get 1.57 PRI :(

Maxx134 03-04-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilRico (Post 752688)

yes that is because it is for 1.53.003
Havent seen the one You are looking for..

LilRico 03-04-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx134 (Post 752736)
yes that is because it is for 1.53.003
Havent seen the one You are looking for..

Ohhhhhhh....... Well I feel stupid... lol..... I woke up too early this morning :angry7:

sc00b4s7eve 03-05-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

I'm in NewEngland, and this pri you attached seems to have disabled any sort of "managed by windows" GPS functionality. I checked the SUPL AGPS server in my registry, and hacked at it and the GPSone setting a few times before just Hard Resetting

I did try using the Telus 1.05.04V and the Sprint 1.11 Radios with no luck.
HTC's GPStools seems to get satellites but it only gets one or two... obviously no assisted gps.

2 questions:
1-Any Ideas
2-Do I have to flash Stock to get that PRI back (1.47?)

lllboredlll 03-05-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilRico (Post 752688)

From what I have come up with the only way to get 1.57 is thru a newer device. It's seems to be a manufacturer loaded PRI and there is no "Shipped ROM" I've found that contains that PRI. :( Sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve (Post 755354)
I'm in NewEngland, and this pri you attached seems to have disabled any sort of "managed by windows" GPS functionality. I checked the SUPL AGPS server in my registry, and hacked at it and the GPSone setting a few times before just Hard Resetting

I did try using the Telus 1.05.04V and the Sprint 1.11 Radios with no luck.
HTC's GPStools seems to get satellites but it only gets one or two... obviously no assisted gps.

2 questions:
1-Any Ideas
2-Do I have to flash Stock to get that PRI back (1.47?)

Did you use QPST to look at your GPSone settings?
Sorry I don't use a Sprint device so I'm unsure why that would affect AGPS since Sprint supports it.

pidge 03-05-2009 09:33 PM

Stupid question but I have PRI 1.47_003. Can you update my PRI and what does PRI do? Thanks.

lllboredlll 03-05-2009 10:56 PM

you can update to 1.53

PRI programs the the radio sector of your device

pidge 03-06-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lllboredlll (Post 755826)
you can update to 1.53

PRI programs the the radio sector of your device

sc00b4s7eve 03-08-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lllboredlll (Post 755650)

Did you use QPST to look at your GPSone settings?
Sorry I don't use a Sprint device so I'm unsure why that would affect AGPS since Sprint supports it.

Yeah, with no luck in my TPro finding any satellites.

GEO and PRI are geographical area and priority and are used for seeking service and chosing between carriers.
http://www.justalurker.com/howto.html

I think it's the PRI thats causing the issues.
Do you have the original Sprint 1.47 or 1.43 (whatever the stock PRI is) so that I could put it back on? I was actually having no problems with that one.

Aquinox 03-27-2009 12:48 AM

I must say, thank you VERY much.

I just got my Sprint service (transferred from Verizon because I was sick of them crippling my phones and charging me extra for the same features). I was told I could roam onto Verizon's network when I was in the DC Metro (for example) as well as wherever I didn't get service. I thought, it's like the best of both worlds, but until tonight I was wrong.

Everytime I strayed onto Verizon's network, they denied me access. I couldn't roam with data, text, or voice. I called Sprint who knew about as much about this as my wall (they suggested I call Verizon because it was an issue with their part of the service not Sprint's) and after dealing with such a nice and friendly CS team, the Tech Supt. team made me second guess myself.

I hacked the registry to allow Roam Only mode and tested out all 3. Nothing.

Then I came upon the PRI update. I overzealously installed it without looking at the other comments about AGPS problems, and for a while I was worried I had just crippled my phone more, so I ran outside to test it.

Well, GPS worked. Then I switched on Roam Only mode and connected to a Verizon tower where I was able to complete calls, get EVDO data, and send/recieve texts.

Thanks A TON Form84. You've made my Touch Pro finally live up to its potential.

itsjusme84 03-24-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

OR

I am interested in an older sprint PRI (1.47) and a telus PRI...

pat58 04-20-2010 09:17 AM

I'm resurrecting this old thread to find out if there a newer PRI for the Touch Pro. There's a recent thread in the TP2 forum about a new PRI (2.03), but I don't know if it works on the TP.

s2kfan1 04-30-2010 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pat58 (Post 1708597)
I'm resurrecting this old thread to find out if there a newer PRI for the Touch Pro. There's a recent thread in the TP2 forum about a new PRI (2.03), but I don't know if it works on the TP.

I used http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117547 on my Psyki Rom for the Touch Pro and it updated fine. Everything seems to work so far. I have the latest PRL 60664 with Sprint's 1.12.34F radio. Does not seem to make any difference in signal strength that I had with the Telus radio and old PRI (2.34_003 odd b/c the new one seems to have a lower number 20 vs 34??) /PRL (60660). Battery life does not seem any better either with any of these changes.

Ray-O 10-26-2010 09:31 PM

I need a sprint prl does anybody have one