PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Touch Pro PRI Update... thanks Bored. (Roaming resolved with "HLR Reload") (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51614)

Formula84 01-03-2009 11:26 AM

Touch Pro PRI Update... thanks Bored. (Roaming resolved with "HLR Reload")

In my pri question thread "http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47980"

NexVision posted this "1.57_003 SPCS TP", wondering if anyone knows how can I obtain this as I seem to be having weird issues, when I first got my pro i flashed a TELUS rom and did a pri (not prl) update from within the settings->connections tab (only rom i have ever seen this before. Anyway since then I have been unable to roam, when ever roaming i get a message from Verizon "sorry but account can not be authorize or validated" something like that.

I was hoping that someone had a way for me to update my pri but i cant seem to find it, any ideas?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update thanks to the suggestions I was able to get my roaming problems resolved although not by the PRI update, rather a "HLR Reload" done by a CS Rep at sprint over the phone. I had found the shipped exe from prints latest flashed which did update my PRL for me, but i still had roaming issues a little more googling lead me to find the "HLR Reload" trick, which worked Great.

It was requested that I edit this first post to reflect the information provided by Bored. Here's the PRI update resolution for those that need it. From Post #4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lllboredlll (Post 623762)
Are you sure you wouldnt rather have the telus pri instead? I can give you either one, I have them both filed. Just let me know the exact one you want.

Also once you install a pri.cab you need to go to /windows/PPST.exe and execute that file. It will pull the pri data off of the cab install and update your radio programming.

Edit: I attached Sprints PRI.

Install the cab on your device. then go to /WINDOWS/PPST.exe without soft resetting first. Once it is complete it will reset your device then you will most likely need to update your PRL.
OR
You said you can update thru the connections tab. If that will work then go for it. I've never seen that though. could you tell me where you got the ROM. I'll like to look into that and possible incorporate that into my ROM for development reasons.

AFAngryWarrior 01-07-2009 07:12 AM

Re: Cant roam voice after pri udpate mess(Sprint)

Have you tried going to /Windows and clicking PPTS.exe and letting the PRI update that way? If that doesnt work can you do over the air updates like Verizon's *228 option 2?

skeegcpp 01-07-2009 07:23 AM

form84, try relocking, then flash back the latest sprint rom(update everythign here). after that, unlock and flash Telus rom back.

lllboredlll 01-07-2009 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Formula84 (Post 615309)
In my pri question thread "http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47980"

NexVision posted this "1.57_003 SPCS TP", wondering if anyone knows how can I obtain this as I seem to be having weird issues, when I first got my pro i flashed a TELUS rom and did a pri (not prl) update from within the settings->connections tab (only rom i have ever seen this before. Anyway since then I have been unable to roam, when ever roaming i get a message from Verizon "sorry but account can not be aurthorize or validated" something like that.

I was hoping that someone had a way for me to update my pri but i cant seem to find it, any ideas?

Are you sure you wouldnt rather have the telus pri instead? I can give you either one, I have them both filed. Just let me know the exact one you want.

Also once you install a pri.cab you need to go to /windows/PPST.exe and execute that file. It will pull the pri data off of the cab install and update your radio programming.

Install the cab on your device. then go to /WINDOWS/PPST.exe without soft resetting first. Once it is complete it will reset your device then you will most likely need to update your PRL.
OR
You said you can update thru the connections tab. If that will work then go for it. I've never seen that though. could you tell me where you got the ROM. I'll like to look into that and possible incorporate that into my ROM for development reasons.

LilRico 01-15-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

OR

Can you get or do you have Sprint's 1.57_003 PRI?

mikee4fun 02-11-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilRico (Post 642840)
Can you get or do you have Sprint's 1.57_003 PRI?

I would love 1.57 as well. I cannot find it anywhere. =)

banzaiwolfe 02-11-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 623695)
form84, try relocking, then flash back the latest sprint rom(update everythign here). after that, unlock and flash Telus rom back.

Unless something has changed, I'm pretty sure you want to flash the stock before you lock the phone again...

Maxx134 02-21-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

OR

This ran perfect for me.
Following instructions, it updated just my PRI and did not affect my PRL at all :)
Others may have had PRL change, but not me.
I already had updated Sprint 60750 PRL and also new Sprint radio 1.11.00F loaded before i did this.

Formula84 02-23-2009 12:18 PM

Re: Touch Pro PRI Update... thanks Bored. (Roaming resolved with "HLR Reload")

updated the first post as requested Maxx134

LilRico 03-04-2009 11:21 AM

Re: Touch Pro PRI Update... thanks Bored. (Roaming resolved with "HLR Reload")

I tried the cab, and still didn't get 1.57 PRI :(