PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro PRI Update... thanks Bored. (Roaming resolved with "HLR Reload")

In my pri question thread "http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47980"

NexVision posted this "1.57_003 SPCS TP", wondering if anyone knows how can I obtain this as I seem to be having weird issues, when I first got my pro i flashed a TELUS rom and did a pri (not prl) update from within the settings->connections tab (only rom i have ever seen this before. Anyway since then I have been unable to roam, when ever roaming i get a message from Verizon "sorry but account can not be authorize or validated" something like that.

I was hoping that someone had a way for me to update my pri but i cant seem to find it, any ideas?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update thanks to the suggestions I was able to get my roaming problems resolved although not by the PRI update, rather a "HLR Reload" done by a CS Rep at sprint over the phone. I had found the shipped exe from prints latest flashed which did update my PRL for me, but i still had roaming issues a little more googling lead me to find the "HLR Reload" trick, which worked Great.

It was requested that I edit this first post to reflect the information provided by Bored. Here's the PRI update resolution for those that need it. From Post #4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Are you sure you wouldnt rather have the telus pri instead? I can give you either one, I have them both filed. Just let me know the exact one you want.

Also once you install a pri.cab you need to go to /windows/PPST.exe and execute that file. It will pull the pri data off of the cab install and update your radio programming.

Edit: I attached Sprints PRI.

Install the cab on your device. then go to /WINDOWS/PPST.exe without soft resetting first. Once it is complete it will reset your device then you will most likely need to update your PRL.
OR
You said you can update thru the connections tab. If that will work then go for it. I've never seen that though. could you tell me where you got the ROM. I'll like to look into that and possible incorporate that into my ROM for development reasons.

Last edited by Formula84; 02-23-2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Update
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
Re: Cant roam voice after pri udpate mess(Sprint)

Have you tried going to /Windows and clicking PPTS.exe and letting the PRI update that way? If that doesnt work can you do over the air updates like Verizon's *228 option 2?
GPS: lllboredlll GPS Fix V2
My Touch Pro ROM: SSK 1.2 The BEST ROM PERIOD

Old 01-07-2009, 07:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

form84, try relocking, then flash back the latest sprint rom(update everythign here). after that, unlock and flash Telus rom back.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
In my pri question thread "http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47980"

NexVision posted this "1.57_003 SPCS TP", wondering if anyone knows how can I obtain this as I seem to be having weird issues, when I first got my pro i flashed a TELUS rom and did a pri (not prl) update from within the settings->connections tab (only rom i have ever seen this before. Anyway since then I have been unable to roam, when ever roaming i get a message from Verizon "sorry but account can not be aurthorize or validated" something like that.

I was hoping that someone had a way for me to update my pri but i cant seem to find it, any ideas?
Are you sure you wouldnt rather have the telus pri instead? I can give you either one, I have them both filed. Just let me know the exact one you want.

Also once you install a pri.cab you need to go to /windows/PPST.exe and execute that file. It will pull the pri data off of the cab install and update your radio programming.

Install the cab on your device. then go to /WINDOWS/PPST.exe without soft resetting first. Once it is complete it will reset your device then you will most likely need to update your PRL.
OR
You said you can update thru the connections tab. If that will work then go for it. I've never seen that though. could you tell me where you got the ROM. I'll like to look into that and possible incorporate that into my ROM for development reasons.

Accepted NOT Expected

Last edited by lllboredlll; 01-07-2009 at 10:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:09 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:

OR

Can you get or do you have Sprint's 1.57_003 PRI?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
Can you get or do you have Sprint's 1.57_003 PRI?
I would love 1.57 as well. I cannot find it anywhere. =)
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
form84, try relocking, then flash back the latest sprint rom(update everythign here). after that, unlock and flash Telus rom back.
Unless something has changed, I'm pretty sure you want to flash the stock before you lock the phone again...
Old 02-21-2009, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

OR
This ran perfect for me.
Following instructions, it updated just my PRI and did not affect my PRL at all
Others may have had PRL change, but not me.
I already had updated Sprint 60750 PRL and also new Sprint radio 1.11.00F loaded before i did this.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Re: Touch Pro PRI Update... thanks Bored. (Roaming resolved with "HLR Reload")

updated the first post as requested Maxx134
Old 03-04-2009, 11:21 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico
Re: Touch Pro PRI Update... thanks Bored. (Roaming resolved with "HLR Reload")

I tried the cab, and still didn't get 1.57 PRI

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development