PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Updated7-29|ROM||WM 6.5 build 21828|Titanium|CDMA|Chaos ROM - Suggestions Appreciated

Updated 7/29/09

ChaosROM 1.3
RapidShare
MegaUpload

Verizon users - Current release is verified working on VZW!

Standard Disclaimer - Not responsible for bricked devices. Also not responsible for any side effects caused by ROM addiction, including but not limited to loss of sleep, angry spouses/significant others, loss of social life, and the twitching sometimes associated with the need to flash to a new ROM

Your phone must be unlocked to flash. A RUU is needed unless flashing from your memory card. Unlocking and flashing instructions can be found here.

Hopefully most of the bugs are gone, but I appreciate additional input on anything that might come up. I don't get MMS and I don't use data, so I know th are a lot of things that I just don't have access to that may cause bugs. Please report any bugs that you may find, and as always I appreciate any suggestions, both on problem fixes and things in general.

This ROM is largely based on user suggestions and ideas. If you have any suggestions for programs, layouts, tweaks, or just about anything, mention it. If someone has mentioned something that you agree with, be sure to post it. The more interest I see in specific things the more likely I will be to incorporate them into the next release.

Many people have helped me get here and deserve credit for this production as well.

Bikeandestroyx
Without his help and guidance, I would still be poking at buttons and breaking things His Demolition ROM has also been an inspiration. For those ROM flashing addicts, when you get tired of ChaosROM, try out Demolition!

Groove
His kitchen is what I use, and is the basis for my ROM, as well as the assistance he has offered in getting me here. He hangs out over at EDTP.

Lwrdchvy
My guinea pig He helped me do some beta testing on an earlier version and his advice has helped mold ChaosROM into what it is now.

RaidZero
His scripts and ideas are responsible for the custom fonts you see in ChaosROM. Check out his threads here, here, and here.

DomSim
His theme inspired mine, and his original theme is included in ChaosROM.

Lioryte
Creator of the custom Titanium Weather icons you see. More available here.

M6Silver & Tsowen
The custom taskbar icons you see are by M6Silver over at XDA. Thanks also go to Tsowens thread, where I received much knowledge.

Thanks to everyone else who has answered questions and helped me in this forum. It is appreciated. Thanks also go to everyone who submits suggestions and helps in the development of ChaosROM.

Last edited by ChaosTheory; 08-03-2009 at 02:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Re: |ROM||WM 6.5 build 23009|CDMA|Chaos ROM - Suggestions Appreciated

Reserved for cabs, fixes, etc.

So far in the newest release everything should be included. If anything needs posted here let me know.

Last edited by ChaosTheory; 07-30-2009 at 11:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Re: |ROM||WM 6.5 build 23009|CDMA|Chaos ROM - Suggestions Appreciated

Reserved for whatever future use I deem necessary, just cuz I can
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: |ROM||WM 6.5 build 23009|Titanium|CDMA|Chaos ROM - Suggestions Appreciated

Looks cool! downloading now. 75 MB... should be fast!
I will flash tomorrow.. I just flashed the latest NFSFAN today, gotta at least get 18 hours out of it before I flash again!

Last edited by raidzero; 07-23-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

looks f*cking nice man! gonna try it out when i get a chance today.
Did that quick gps work right?

Your sig animation looks so nice too!
i need you to make me something! lol
Old 07-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Q --> Mogul --> Touch Pro --> Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

HeloHero is a n00b

I'll give it a shot... I am starting to get that addiction of flashing roms...

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
looks f*cking nice man! gonna try it out when i get a chance today.
Did that quick gps work right?

Your sig animation looks so nice too!
i need you to make me something! lol

Haven't tried it yet. I am officially done working on the ROM for the day. Will give it a shot tomorrow though. And let me know what you want and I will work on it, though it will take longer than before
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

I flashed this ROM and I am stuck on the Verizon splash screen. That usually mean that I am screwed if I want to try this ROM.

I love the background image and all the customizations and sad that I can't try it out.

Can I ask you to post the background image for me please? I would love to use it on what ever ROM i wind up using.

Thanks for the hard work you put into this and I hope to be able to use it one day soon.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:58 AM
N00b

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

flashing now. to be honest when I first saw nex-tech wireless in your info I thought you made it up! I very much like the "preparing your device for first use screen! looks wicked!" do i see traces of GIMP?

Last edited by raidzero; 07-24-2009 at 08:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:11 AM
N00b

OOO I LOVE THE DIALER!!!
so far I am very impressed. Have not hard reset yet either and it alrady runs great.. will report back soon
just tested coreplayer (benchmark fo 3 mins) got higher framerate than ever before .. 26.5 fps. on other roms about 24.
I suggest including MP3 trimmer and titanium customizer. also maybe an option to switch back to the default 3 row start menu? That's all for now. I have to say I am loving it so far, though it has only been about half an hour...

VPN works great, even connects faster than before. you mustve put some black magic in this thing..

Last edited by raidzero; 07-24-2009 at 08:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development