PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *UPDATED* [12-11-08] Ivan's Sprint ROM 1.1[OS 5.2.20759 Build 20759 Ivans v1.1][U

Look again on first post.. Fully released guys let me know how it goes.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

DoubleAACH is a n00b
Re: *Now Here* [12-10-08] Ivan's Sprint ROM 1.0[OS 5.2.20759 Build 20759 Ivans v1.0]

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
yeah if your familiar w/ hex editing and feel comfortable attempting this, click here

Warning for n00bz: if you're unsure of your hacker skillz, or just blatantly have no idea what your doing with a hex editor, then this is NOT the task for you !!!
Thanks for the warning. Definite NOOBIE! Is there an easier way for Noobies?
Old 12-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: *Now Here* [12-10-08] Ivan's Sprint ROM 1.0[OS 5.2.20759 Build 20759 Ivans v1.0]

I will have to update this once I am able to try out the new version to see if these issues still exist, but a couple issues I had with 1.0:
-A lot of lag trying to use the hardware keyboard to type a SMS. Not only for typing but also when go to switch back to portrait and when I send the message. I also had this issue on eRice's rom, which was build 20931. Anyone else experienced this?

-Java doesn't work right. Tried to install Opera Mini from the website, java loads up but just hangs and doesn't install it. I then installed the pack that I have that puts java plus Opera Mini 4.2 in it's own folder, which worked until I tried to log in to this site. Something was wrong with the text input boxes that I hadn't experienced with other ROMs, and it kept telling me invalid password. I know it was being entered correctly.

Other than that, it seems a little bloated with extra software but it doesn't have some of the other issues I've seen with 20xxx series ROMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonb8 View Post
Sinister,

Not sure if you read the threads (and it really should have no effect on locking the phone in bl mode) but there are two of those values you need to change before you actually change the pagepool. Put the string in and hit search, then change the numbers, then search again for that string and change the numbers again. If you only change the one value, it will not change the pagepool.
Although normally true, Ivan's only seems to have the string once. I haven't installed the updated version but on 1.0 I only had to change the one string (since it was only there once) to change the pagepool.

Last edited by banzaiwolfe; 12-11-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
I will have to update this once I am able to try out the new version to see if these issues still exist, but a couple issues I had with 1.0:
-A lot of lag trying to use the hardware keyboard to type a SMS. Not only for typing but also when go to switch back to portrait and when I send the message. I also had this issue on eRice's rom, which was build 20931. Anyone else experienced this?

-Java doesn't work right. Tried to install Opera Mini from the website, java loads up but just hangs and doesn't install it. I then installed the pack that I have that puts java plus Opera Mini 4.2 in it's own folder, which worked until I tried to log in to this site. Something was wrong with the text input boxes that I hadn't experienced with other ROMs, and it kept telling me invalid password. I know it was being entered correctly.

Other than that, it seems a little bloated with extra software but it doesn't have some of the other issues I've seen with 20xxx series ROMs.

Although normally true, Ivan's only seems to have the string once. I haven't installed the updated version but on 1.0 I only had to change the one string (since it was only there once) to change the pagepool.

i dont see the lag but i do see hte java issue installing opera mini. i will change the java version to resolve the issue on the next build.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: *UPDATED* [12-11-08] Ivan's Sprint ROM 1.1[OS 5.2.20759 Build 20759 Ivans v1.1][U

Ivan, Uploaded the non-sprint manilla version and everything is running FANTASTIC!! Great Work!!!!!!! Thank You Very Much! Now what is the difference with the sprint version? Does it have the tv tab? Thanks again for a great ROM!
Old 12-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

blkr00t is keeping up the good workblkr00t is keeping up the good workblkr00t is keeping up the good work

Quote:
You are right, I noticed that on 1.0 and was going to mention it today.

I have flashed 1.1 with a 32 MB Dynamic PP and it flies.

I plan to run this ROM for a while, then may try Juggalo's.

I have been running eRice latest and found it to be fantastic, smooth, fast, just da bomb. I like the stuff that Ivan loaded in this ROM and thus far it appears to be fairly quick and responsive.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:57 AM
Lurker

evengrift is a n00b

Ivan,

Thanks for the update and all your work, but I'm still not seeing the Stock Sprint TouchFlo look?

Both Roms have the gridded background..

Download Ivan's SPRINT TP ROM v1.1

Download Ivan's TP SPRINT MANILLA ROM v1.1

Is there another I should be looking at? And not to sound like a noob, but what do you mean by MANILLA?

Thanks again!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:20 AM
RMD
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

RMD is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to RMD Send a message via MSN to RMD Send a message via Yahoo to RMD
Cool Re: *UPDATED* [12-11-08] Ivan's Sprint ROM 1.1[OS 5.2.20759 Build 20759 Ivans v1.1][U

Quote:
Originally Posted by evengrift View Post
Ivan,

Thanks for the update and all your work, but I'm still not seeing the Stock Sprint TouchFlo look?

Both Roms have the gridded background..

Download Ivan's SPRINT TP ROM v1.1

Download Ivan's TP SPRINT MANILLA ROM v1.1

Is there another I should be looking at? And not to sound like a noob, but what do you mean by MANILLA?

Thanks again!
I wanted the same thing and I searched and found neonicon.cab.

Credit goes here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1398

Soft reset after installing!!!

File is here enjoy:
Attached Files
File Type: zip NeonIcon.zip (243.9 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

You'll be back!!!

Last edited by RMD; 12-12-2008 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Add Reset instruction, correct url.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just downloaded the Sprint Manilla ROM and it IS Sprint so I think you may have downloaded the wrong ROM
Old 12-12-2008, 09:37 AM
RMD
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

RMD is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to RMD Send a message via MSN to RMD Send a message via Yahoo to RMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
I just downloaded the Sprint Manilla ROM and it IS Sprint so I think you may have downloaded the wrong ROM
If I'm correct, he wants the Neon look that the Touch Pro came with out of the box. Every rom I load has bland solid color icon and I've loaded them all trust me.

Great work Ivan, nice choice of apps to performance ratio and exactly the direction I was looking for. There's plenty out there with no apps installed for the people requesting "this and that be taken out".
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development