PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   How To Flash Your Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266)

jakdillard 11-05-2008 02:25 PM

How To Flash Your Touch Pro

1 Attachment(s)
NOTE -- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UNLOCK YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING TO A CUSTOM ROM!
USE THIS THREAD TO UNLOCK --wow

see post 50 for indepth detaild instructions provided by egoldy

How to Flash Via PC:

1.download the ruu.zip attachment
2.unzip to your desktop
3.then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU)
4.Place phone in bootloader mode (power button while holding volume down button)
5.open the ROMUpdateUtility.exe
6.follow the RUU on screen instructions from there

If that fails please trying these directions (thanks sn0b0ard)

1. Establish active sync connection (this is the most important step).
2. Copy the RUU_signed.nbh into the RUU folder.
3. Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe and follow the steps on screen to flash ROM.
4. Once the phone reboots, go through Windows Mobile setup and let it finish.
5. Perform a hard reset (hold power, volume down, and center d-pad).
6. Complete the Windows Mobile setup and start using your new ROM!

Flash from microSD Card (Thanks to MadlyAlive):

1. Make sure you backup anything that is necessary to your day to day operations! At a minimum, please perform an ActiveSync to Outlook or your Exchange server prior to flashing!
2. Rename the custom ROM NBH file from RUU_Signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh
3. Copy RAPHIMG.nbh to the root of your microSD Card.
4. Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously. While you're still holding those 2 buttons, press the reset button with your stylus.
5. When your Touch Pro tells you to do so, press the power button to begin the flash process. If you do not get the message to press the power button to flash, there is a mistake in the name of the NBH file or you do not have the file at the root of your microSD card.
6. When flashing is complete, perform a soft reset.

MadlyAlive 11-05-2008 02:30 PM

Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

moved to post 1... thanks madly leaving here so your thanks stay

--wow

jakdillard 11-05-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadlyAlive (Post 498506)
Reserved

LOL you got jokes .....

MadlyAlive 11-05-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 498514)
LOL you got jokes .....

No jokes, just help :)

jakdillard 11-05-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadlyAlive (Post 498528)
No jokes, just help :)

I see that now ... I have a habit of making a thread then reserving post in it so I thought this was payback lol

deadz 11-06-2008 12:55 AM

I updated to the Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 to unlock. Then tried flashing both ways described above. When I try the way JD recommended, I get a 0% on both my HTCTP and my computer, but it never goes any further and eventually errors out and my device resets to normal. When I try the SD card way I see the rainbow colored screen. Something flashes just for a brief second like no image found, but its so quick, I can't tell for sure if thats what it says and then just sits on the rainbow colored boot loader screen until i do a soft reset. My storage card does indeed have JD's image renamed just as mentioned above in the root directory of the SD card. Any ideas? Since flashing the Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 I have not done a hard reset, is that neccessary to make all this work?? Thanks,

aceracer24 11-06-2008 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadz (Post 500048)
I updated to the Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 to unlock. Then tried flashing both ways described above. When I try the way JD recommended, I get a 0% on both my HTCTP and my computer, but it never goes any further and eventually errors out and my device resets to normal. When I try the SD card way I see the rainbow colored screen. Something flashes just for a brief second like no image found, but its so quick, I can't tell for sure if thats what it says and then just sits on the rainbow colored boot loader screen until i do a soft reset. My storage card does indeed have JD's image renamed just as mentioned above in the root directory of the SD card. Any ideas? Since flashing the Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 I have not done a hard reset, is that neccessary to make all this work?? Thanks,

A hard reset shouldn't be needed. As long as the rom is good, it should flash just fine from the SD card. I have yet to try it on the Touch Pro (waiting for a stock shipped sprint TP rom) but it worked exactly the same way on the diamond but had DIAMIMG.nbh instead.

mikee4fun 11-06-2008 01:36 AM

Don't forget to make sure your GF has Big Boobs and have her lift her shirt in front of the TP.

lnchbx13 11-06-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikee4fun (Post 500155)
Don't forget to make sure your GF has Big Boobs and have her lift her shirt in front of the TP.

hahaha

deviant.ones 11-06-2008 02:18 AM

even better, wife with no bottom sittin on your lap while you flash. Don't matter what goes wrong you won't get mad :-D

wowthatisrandom 11-06-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

which ROM are you trying to flash? and did you double check like cmonex explained to make make sure that the HSPL actually worked on your phone by manually booting into bootloader?

jakdillard 11-06-2008 12:16 PM

can this tread be stickied

wowthatisrandom 11-06-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 500869)
can this tread be stickied

post 1 and 2 combined and stickied for now.. thanks

jakdillard 11-06-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom (Post 500925)
post 1 and 2 combined and stickied for now.. thanks

Thank you

sn0b0ard 11-06-2008 12:52 PM

Thank you for posting this!

MadlyAlive 11-06-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deviant.ones (Post 500244)
even better, wife with no bottom sittin on your lap while you flash. Don't matter what goes wrong you won't get mad :-D

Your wife doesn't have a butt?!

deadz 11-06-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom (Post 500856)
which ROM are you trying to flash? and did you double check like cmonex explained to make make sure that the HSPL actually worked on your phone by manually booting into bootloader?

I checked the boot loader by holding down the power button and the sound down and pushing soft reset. It booted into the rainbow colored screen. I am using version 37. I tried both JD's and Nue's and both are giving me the same result. I verified my SD card is formated in Fat32.

ez2bgman 11-06-2008 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 498488)

1. Make sure you backup anything that is necessary to your day to day operations! At a minimum, please perform an ActiveSync to Outlook or your Exchange server prior to flashing!
4. Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously. While you're still holding those 2 buttons, press the reset button with your stylus.
5. When your Touch Pro tells you to do so, press the power button to begin the flash process. If you do not get the message to press the power button to flash, there is a mistake in the name of the NBH file or you do not have the file at the root of your microSD card.

I tried both methods to flash n2c's ROM on my TP but I have had no luck. I prefer using the memory card method. I unlocked the phone. I renamed the file as mentioned above and then copied the file to c:\Mobile Device\Storage Card. I entered bootloader mode and waited, and waited, and waited. Nothing happened. I never saw a prompt to hit the power button.

What am I doing wrong?

Here's a pic of the file name/location:

Thanks

elgreek84 11-06-2008 01:53 PM

how big is your SD card? I was able to do it on an 8gb microsdhc

Quote:

Originally Posted by ez2bgman (Post 501082)
I tried both methods to flash n2c's ROM on my TP but I have had no luck. I prefer using the memory card method. I unlocked the phone. I renamed the file as mentioned above and then copied the file to c:\Mobile Device\Storage Card. I entered bootloader mode and waited, and waited, and waited. Nothing happened. I never saw a prompt to hit the power button.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

deadz 11-06-2008 02:57 PM

I'm just using the 1gb stock card.

deadz 11-06-2008 04:48 PM

I believe I have figured out the problem for me through JD's method at least. When I boot into the boot loader to perform the rom update, the active sync can not see my device, although the boot loader reports it is connected via USB. I assume I need drivers for active sync to be able to see the boot loader is connected? It try's to connect and comes back with unable to detect device.

elgreek84 11-06-2008 05:42 PM

make sure it says .37 CMONEX not .37.0000 bootloader
if it doesn't you have to unlock it
I had issues unlocking it, I had to first connect using activesync, then run manualssspl.exe on the Touchpro, then run the hardlpl.37 on the computer and that did it.
good luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadz (Post 501781)
I believe I have figured out the problem for me through JD's method at least. When I boot into the boot loader to perform the rom update, the active sync can not see my device, although the boot loader reports it is connected via USB. I assume I need drivers for active sync to be able to see the boot loader is connected? It try's to connect and comes back with unable to detect device.

deadz 11-06-2008 06:24 PM

Yay, I finally got it. I tried installing on the computer I initially installed the HSPL on and it worked. I remembered when I first set it up it installed a bunch of additional drivers on this computer so I figured that with this one it might work. I also ran the romupdateutility as administratior and verified I had an active sync connection then put it into boot loader mode and it worked no problems what so ever.... Thanks for everyones help...

deviant.ones 11-06-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadlyAlive (Post 501009)
Your wife doesn't have a butt?!

LOL, thanks for that laugh.

sn0b0ard 11-06-2008 10:59 PM

The steps for PC flashing are the same as the Touch Diamond. I couldn't get the flash process to work using the steps indicated for PC Flashing in this thread. Here is how you can flash a ROM by PC.

ignisuti 11-08-2008 06:02 AM

Quote:

I'm having the exact same problem with my Touch Pro while trying to load _ROMeOS_b2_1_01_OS_ONLY.

P.S. This is my first ROM load. So, it may just be a noob error.

deviant.ones 11-08-2008 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ignisuti (Post 505454)
I'm having the exact same problem with my Touch Pro while trying to load _ROMeOS_b2_1_01_OS_ONLY.

I searched here and xda and don't see a rom by that name so I am guessing wherever you got that rom from it is not meant for the touch pro. Might be wrong but I don't think so. Try flashing JD, shadow, juggs, or hibby's roms. Those 4 are meant for the sprint TP and I have loaded them all at some point so they are all definately working.

lnchbx13 11-08-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ignisuti (Post 505454)

I'm pretty sure that rom is from xda and is for the GSM version. Someone else had attempted to flash that one to theirs. Make sure you READ the forum before you do anything.

cgreen1986 11-09-2008 11:07 AM

how do you flash it back to the regular rom

cgreen1986 11-09-2008 11:13 AM

I just want my rom to be flashed back to the way it was when i bought it

ignisuti 11-09-2008 05:22 PM

Okay, after having my phone for a few days and spending countless hours configuring everything exactly like I wanted, I screwed it up and had to do a Hard Reset. So, now after after spending many more hours I have it like I want again.

How can I create a ROM image of my phone in it's current state so that I can safely experiment with other ROMs and be able to reload my old ROM at a later point if desired?

lnchbx13 11-09-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ignisuti (Post 507854)
Okay, after having my phone for a few days and spending countless hours configuring everything exactly like I wanted, I screwed it up and had to do a Hard Reset. So, now after after spending many more hours I have it like I want again.

How can I create a ROM image of my phone in it's current state so that I can safely experiment with other ROMs and be able to reload my old ROM at a later point if desired?

Use a program like SPB Backup 2.0 or Sprite Backup 6.5. They work great. But what I recommend is using Sashimi to set everything how you want it everytime you flash. Go here, register and read all about it. The few hours it will take to get everything how you want it is all you have to do. Then after flashing a new rom just hit run and it sets everything up for you.

http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4

Zoheb318 11-09-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadz (Post 501073)
I checked the boot loader by holding down the power button and the sound down and pushing soft reset. It booted into the rainbow colored screen. I am using version 37. I tried both JD's and Nue's and both are giving me the same result. I verified my SD card is formated in Fat32.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ez2bgman (Post 501082)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Any updates? I'm having the same problem. I can flash through the PC but would like to be able to flash through the SD card.

b0ris84 11-10-2008 05:00 AM

thx god for the memory card update. Just bricked this thing and was very angry. Flash one of the roms from xda developers unfortunately it was GSM. Phone was doing rolling restarts and i was very scared. Jus flashed back using the mem card. Wow am i happy

aznmode 11-12-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ignisuti (Post 507854)

I too use SPB Backup 2.0. Works great on the Touch Pro. Just make sure you go to Menu>Options and uncheck "stop processes before backup". This locks up the device. You also want to to this when restoring. Also would be good to turn radio off so you wont get any calls or text during backup or restore.

ignisuti 11-12-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 515110)
I too use SPB Backup 2.0. Works great on the Touch Pro. Just make sure you go to Menu>Options and uncheck "stop processes before backup". This locks up the device. You also want to to this when restoring. Also would be good to turn radio off so you wont get any calls or text during backup or restore.

I gave it a try.

Appears to have worked great. I'm just a little skittish about actually using it. I want to test it so that I can build a level of trust with it, but I don't want to redo all my settings if it screws them up...

Pimps30 11-13-2008 03:19 AM

thanks

styles178 11-13-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 498488)

How to Flash Via PC:

1.download the ruu.zip attachment
2.unzip to your desktop
3.then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU)
4.Place phone in bootloader mode (power button while holding volume down button)
5.open the ROMUpdateUtility.exe
6.follow the RUU on screen instructions from there

If that fails please trying these directions (thanks sn0b0ard)

HOW DO I PERFORM A SOFT RESET?

lnchbx13 11-13-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by styles178 (Post 516638)
HOW DO I PERFORM A SOFT RESET?

Press your stylus into its hole...that sounds dirty

the one on the bottom next to the usb port

deadz 11-15-2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoheb318 (Post 508152)
Any updates? I'm having the same problem. I can flash through the PC but would like to be able to flash through the SD card.

Yeah, I got a new micro SD card and it worked like a champ. I upgraded the stock 1GB to an 8GB Kingston from meritline for ~20$. GL

JD if you see this post, for option 5 on madlyalives method you might mention the card may just not work and to try a new one, as that is what worked for me. Thanks for all you do for the community. =D>