PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 12:12 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadz View Post
I updated to the Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 to unlock. Then tried flashing both ways described above. When I try the way JD recommended, I get a 0% on both my HTCTP and my computer, but it never goes any further and eventually errors out and my device resets to normal. When I try the SD card way I see the rainbow colored screen. Something flashes just for a brief second like no image found, but its so quick, I can't tell for sure if thats what it says and then just sits on the rainbow colored boot loader screen until i do a soft reset. My storage card does indeed have JD's image renamed just as mentioned above in the root directory of the SD card. Any ideas? Since flashing the Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 I have not done a hard reset, is that neccessary to make all this work?? Thanks,
which ROM are you trying to flash? and did you double check like cmonex explained to make make sure that the HSPL actually worked on your phone by manually booting into bootloader?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:16 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

can this tread be stickied
Old 11-06-2008, 12:32 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
can this tread be stickied
post 1 and 2 combined and stickied for now.. thanks
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:36 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
post 1 and 2 combined and stickied for now.. thanks
Thank you
Old 11-06-2008, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

sn0b0ard is keeping up the good worksn0b0ard is keeping up the good work

Thank you for posting this!
Old 11-06-2008, 12:58 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviant.ones View Post
even better, wife with no bottom sittin on your lap while you flash. Don't matter what goes wrong you won't get mad
Your wife doesn't have a butt?!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

deadz is keeping up the good workdeadz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
which ROM are you trying to flash? and did you double check like cmonex explained to make make sure that the HSPL actually worked on your phone by manually booting into bootloader?
I checked the boot loader by holding down the power button and the sound down and pushing soft reset. It booted into the rainbow colored screen. I am using version 37. I tried both JD's and Nue's and both are giving me the same result. I verified my SD card is formated in Fat32.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ez2bgman is becoming a PPCGeeks regularez2bgman is becoming a PPCGeeks regularez2bgman is becoming a PPCGeeks regularez2bgman is becoming a PPCGeeks regularez2bgman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
NOTE -- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UNLOCK YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING TO A CUSTOM ROM!
USE THIS THREAD TO UNLOCK --wow

Flash from microSD Card (Thanks to MadlyAlive):

1. Make sure you backup anything that is necessary to your day to day operations! At a minimum, please perform an ActiveSync to Outlook or your Exchange server prior to flashing!
2. Rename the custom ROM NBH file from RUU_Signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh
3. Copy RAPHIMG.nbh to the root of your microSD Card.
4. Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously. While you're still holding those 2 buttons, press the reset button with your stylus.
5. When your Touch Pro tells you to do so, press the power button to begin the flash process. If you do not get the message to press the power button to flash, there is a mistake in the name of the NBH file or you do not have the file at the root of your microSD card.
6. When flashing is complete, perform a soft reset.
I tried both methods to flash n2c's ROM on my TP but I have had no luck. I prefer using the memory card method. I unlocked the phone. I renamed the file as mentioned above and then copied the file to c:\Mobile Device\Storage Card. I entered bootloader mode and waited, and waited, and waited. Nothing happened. I never saw a prompt to hit the power button.

What am I doing wrong?

Here's a pic of the file name/location:

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01d.jpg (109.0 KB, 760 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

elgreek84 is keeping up the good workelgreek84 is keeping up the good work

how big is your SD card? I was able to do it on an 8gb microsdhc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2bgman View Post
I tried both methods to flash n2c's ROM on my TP but I have had no luck. I prefer using the memory card method. I unlocked the phone. I renamed the file as mentioned above and then copied the file to c:\Mobile Device\Storage Card. I entered bootloader mode and waited, and waited, and waited. Nothing happened. I never saw a prompt to hit the power button.

What am I doing wrong?

Here's a pic of the file name/location:

Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

deadz is keeping up the good workdeadz is keeping up the good work

I'm just using the 1gb stock card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development