PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   How To Flash Your Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266)

ignisuti 11-09-2008 05:22 PM

Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

Okay, after having my phone for a few days and spending countless hours configuring everything exactly like I wanted, I screwed it up and had to do a Hard Reset. So, now after after spending many more hours I have it like I want again.

How can I create a ROM image of my phone in it's current state so that I can safely experiment with other ROMs and be able to reload my old ROM at a later point if desired?

lnchbx13 11-09-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ignisuti (Post 507854)
Okay, after having my phone for a few days and spending countless hours configuring everything exactly like I wanted, I screwed it up and had to do a Hard Reset. So, now after after spending many more hours I have it like I want again.

How can I create a ROM image of my phone in it's current state so that I can safely experiment with other ROMs and be able to reload my old ROM at a later point if desired?

Use a program like SPB Backup 2.0 or Sprite Backup 6.5. They work great. But what I recommend is using Sashimi to set everything how you want it everytime you flash. Go here, register and read all about it. The few hours it will take to get everything how you want it is all you have to do. Then after flashing a new rom just hit run and it sets everything up for you.

http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4

Zoheb318 11-09-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadz (Post 501073)
I checked the boot loader by holding down the power button and the sound down and pushing soft reset. It booted into the rainbow colored screen. I am using version 37. I tried both JD's and Nue's and both are giving me the same result. I verified my SD card is formated in Fat32.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ez2bgman (Post 501082)
I tried both methods to flash n2c's ROM on my TP but I have had no luck. I prefer using the memory card method. I unlocked the phone. I renamed the file as mentioned above and then copied the file to c:\Mobile Device\Storage Card. I entered bootloader mode and waited, and waited, and waited. Nothing happened. I never saw a prompt to hit the power button.

What am I doing wrong?

Here's a pic of the file name/location:

Thanks

Any updates? I'm having the same problem. I can flash through the PC but would like to be able to flash through the SD card.

b0ris84 11-10-2008 05:00 AM

thx god for the memory card update. Just bricked this thing and was very angry. Flash one of the roms from xda developers unfortunately it was GSM. Phone was doing rolling restarts and i was very scared. Jus flashed back using the mem card. Wow am i happy

aznmode 11-12-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ignisuti (Post 507854)

I too use SPB Backup 2.0. Works great on the Touch Pro. Just make sure you go to Menu>Options and uncheck "stop processes before backup". This locks up the device. You also want to to this when restoring. Also would be good to turn radio off so you wont get any calls or text during backup or restore.

ignisuti 11-12-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 515110)
I too use SPB Backup 2.0. Works great on the Touch Pro. Just make sure you go to Menu>Options and uncheck "stop processes before backup". This locks up the device. You also want to to this when restoring. Also would be good to turn radio off so you wont get any calls or text during backup or restore.

I gave it a try.

Appears to have worked great. I'm just a little skittish about actually using it. I want to test it so that I can build a level of trust with it, but I don't want to redo all my settings if it screws them up...

Pimps30 11-13-2008 03:19 AM

thanks

styles178 11-13-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 498488)
NOTE -- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UNLOCK YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING TO A CUSTOM ROM!
USE THIS THREAD TO UNLOCK --wow

How to Flash Via PC:

1.download the ruu.zip attachment
2.unzip to your desktop
3.then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU)
4.Place phone in bootloader mode (power button while holding volume down button)
5.open the ROMUpdateUtility.exe
6.follow the RUU on screen instructions from there

If that fails please trying these directions (thanks sn0b0ard)

1. Establish active sync connection (this is the most important step).
2. Copy the RUU_signed.nbh into the RUU folder.
3. Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe and follow the steps on screen to flash ROM.
4. Once the phone reboots, go through Windows Mobile setup and let it finish.
5. Perform a hard reset (hold power, volume down, and center d-pad).
6. Complete the Windows Mobile setup and start using your new ROM!

Flash from microSD Card (Thanks to MadlyAlive):

1. Make sure you backup anything that is necessary to your day to day operations! At a minimum, please perform an ActiveSync to Outlook or your Exchange server prior to flashing!
2. Rename the custom ROM NBH file from RUU_Signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh
3. Copy RAPHIMG.nbh to the root of your microSD Card.
4. Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously. While you're still holding those 2 buttons, press the reset button with your stylus.
5. When your Touch Pro tells you to do so, press the power button to begin the flash process. If you do not get the message to press the power button to flash, there is a mistake in the name of the NBH file or you do not have the file at the root of your microSD card.
6. When flashing is complete, perform a soft reset.

HOW DO I PERFORM A SOFT RESET?

lnchbx13 11-13-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by styles178 (Post 516638)
HOW DO I PERFORM A SOFT RESET?

Press your stylus into its hole...that sounds dirty

the one on the bottom next to the usb port

deadz 11-15-2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoheb318 (Post 508152)
Any updates? I'm having the same problem. I can flash through the PC but would like to be able to flash through the SD card.

Yeah, I got a new micro SD card and it worked like a champ. I upgraded the stock 1GB to an 8GB Kingston from meritline for ~20$. GL

JD if you see this post, for option 5 on madlyalives method you might mention the card may just not work and to try a new one, as that is what worked for me. Thanks for all you do for the community. =D>