PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

ahigee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

OK so I've been trying to update my to JMZ's 6.5 ROM but every time I try via card I get an infinite "Loading..." screen and it never goes away unless I do a soft reset. I have also tried doing it via RUU way and it doesn't get past 0% on the phone or the PC. JMZ also had a exe file to do it all and that ended with the same result. I tried updating on a Windows 7 32bit box and also on a vista 64bit box and I got the 0% error "The RUU has encountered communication errors during the update process."

(One note...It clearly says do not disconnect the USB cable but I hear the sound notification of it being connected and disconnected every few seconds.)

I am using an Alltel TP with ROM version 1.05.671.4 (WIN 6.1)

I am convinced its just an ID10t error but has anyone had the same issue? This is my first flash so this might explain alot.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigee View Post
OK so I've been trying to update my to JMZ's 6.5 ROM but every time I try via card I get an infinite "Loading..." screen and it never goes away unless I do a soft reset. I have also tried doing it via RUU way and it doesn't get past 0% on the phone or the PC. JMZ also had a exe file to do it all and that ended with the same result. I tried updating on a Windows 7 32bit box and also on a vista 64bit box and I got the 0% error "The RUU has encountered communication errors during the update process."

(One note...It clearly says do not disconnect the USB cable but I hear the sound notification of it being connected and disconnected every few seconds.)

I am using an Alltel TP with ROM version 1.05.671.4 (WIN 6.1)

I am convinced its just an ID10t error but has anyone had the same issue? This is my first flash so this might explain alot.
Sounds like you haven't unlocked your phone yet. Follow this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

Last edited by razorloves; 05-20-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

fuertemustang is a n00b

ok i need help. i have lots of problems. the first is everytime i run RUU i get an error saying update utility could not open requested file. please check you update utility. secondi can not find the RUU_Signed.nbh( im suspped to unzip the ROM thati want?). sorry this is my first time doing this
Old 05-23-2009, 02:49 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuertemustang View Post
ok i need help. i have lots of problems. the first is everytime i run RUU i get an error saying update utility could not open requested file. please check you update utility. secondi can not find the RUU_Signed.nbh( im suspped to unzip the ROM thati want?). sorry this is my first time doing this
what rom are you trying to flash? are you unlocked already?
Old 05-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Lurker

fuertemustang is a n00b

yes im unlocked(on the tribar screen it says securty unlocked). and im trying to use silent rom 6.5 v3.2.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:19 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuertemustang View Post
yes im unlocked(on the tribar screen it says securty unlocked). and im trying to use silent rom 6.5 v3.2.
"Security Unlocked" on the tri-color screen does not mean you're unlocked. See here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503
Old 05-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Lurker

fuertemustang is a n00b

ok on the tri color screen it says
RAPH800 MFG
SPL-0.25.C-SSPL
MicroP-Raph (LED) v0c85
Micro-Raph (KEY) v8685
PSOC_Raph STAGE_EVT v20

edit: i got it fixed my used cable was freaked up

Last edited by fuertemustang; 05-23-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: better beliEVO!
Carrier: Sprint

meeklo062704 is keeping up the good workmeeklo062704 is keeping up the good work

I'm having trouble flashing from the sd card, and I'm hoping someone might know something i dont here. I formatted a 1gb sd card to fat32, I downloaded the new silence rom and renamed it to RAPHIMG.nbh, and placed it into the root directory of the card. When the bootload screen comes up, it really quickly flashes an error no image file message. I know I'm unlocked already because I'm already on a custom rom, but my computer crashed so I can't reflash anymore with it. Thank you ahead of time to anyone who can help me outta this one.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:10 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeklo062704 View Post
I'm having trouble flashing from the sd card, and I'm hoping someone might know something i dont here. I formatted a 1gb sd card to fat32, I downloaded the new silence rom and renamed it to RAPHIMG.nbh, and placed it into the root directory of the card. When the bootload screen comes up, it really quickly flashes an error no image file message. I know I'm unlocked already because I'm already on a custom rom, but my computer crashed so I can't reflash anymore with it. Thank you ahead of time to anyone who can help me outta this one.
you don't say what file you're renaming, so I'm guessing that's where you're going wrong. You have to extract the silence rom download first, then you'll see a file named RUU_Signed.nbh. That's the file you have to rename. Just change the RUU_Signed to RAPHIMG
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: better beliEVO!
Carrier: Sprint

meeklo062704 is keeping up the good workmeeklo062704 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
you don't say what file you're renaming, so I'm guessing that's where you're going wrong. You have to extract the silence rom download first, then you'll see a file named RUU_Signed.nbh. That's the file you have to rename. Just change the RUU_Signed to RAPHIMG
Thats the one i renamed. I tried it in caps and not in caps, and re-downloading and trying again. So I'm a bit confused on this one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development