PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Warboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Warboy Send a message via MSN to Warboy Send a message via Yahoo to Warboy Send a message via Skype™ to Warboy
Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
lol...I know the steps for flashing. I need to know exactly what you are doing so that I can tell you where you're messing up. Stuff like what you are downloading, how you're extracting, how you rename and what program you're using, is your card formated to fat32? Help me help you.

The default format of the card is FAT, not FAT32. So I just stuck with it.
But I'm following the steps to the letter.
Extract ROM from install achieve. Rename, Copy to MicroSD 9make sure it's not in a folder), Hold down Power and Vol down and hit yes all at the same time after that I keep holding down power+vol-D and Wait for the screen to come up and it just sits there on the screen and does nothing.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
The default format of the card is FAT, not FAT32. So I just stuck with it.
But I'm following the steps to the letter.
Extract ROM from install achieve. Rename, Copy to MicroSD 9make sure it's not in a folder), Hold down Power and Vol down and hit yes all at the same time after that I keep holding down power+vol-D and Wait for the screen to come up and it just sits there on the screen and does nothing.
I know by default it's FAT, that's why i told you FAT32. It will not work as FAT.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Lurker

Warboy is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Warboy Send a message via MSN to Warboy Send a message via Yahoo to Warboy Send a message via Skype™ to Warboy

Quote:
I know by default it's FAT, that's why i told you FAT32. It will not work as FAT.

I'll try it in abit to see if that's it.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I'll try it in abit to see if that's it.
It's not a matter of trying it. You have to have the card formated to FAT32 for it to work.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Lurker

Warboy is a n00b

Quote:
It's not a matter of trying it. You have to have the card formated to FAT32 for it to work.

Then you should make sure the first post says that >.>
Old 05-13-2009, 06:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Maybe you should learn to be a little more grateful. The first post is not mine to edit. And it's posted hundreds of times all over the place that it needs to be fat32. If you would have done a search for a few seconds, you would have seen that.
Have a nice day
Old 05-15-2009, 02:33 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
yup. gotta be FAT32

Quote:
easy now, lets not go pointing fingers !!! only the moderators or the OP can edit that into the first post

Quote:
Maybe you should learn to be a little more grateful. The first post is not mine to edit. And it's posted hundreds of times all over the place that it needs to be fat32. If you would have done a search for a few seconds, you would have seen that.
Have a nice day
here's some posts from this very thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Use the SD card make sure it is formatted to FAT32....rename the nbh file to RAPHIMG.nbh and enter bootloader and it should flash fine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemix View Post
Can someone edit the first post and say that the sd card has to be formatted in fat32 to work? I had to be for mine atleast...wouldn't work with the default card settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducylowycz View Post
Ok I think I figured out my problem with trying to flash via SD Card, and here is how I did it:

-512MB Card
-Inserted card into the phone
-Connected phone to PC as Disk Drive
-Formated card as FAT32 USING DEFAULT ALLOCATION TABLE

I really don't know if this is going to help anybody else HOWEVER this DID work for me, I was scratching my head trying to figure this out...I couldn't be happier!!! Let us all know how this works out for you people ( or don't )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot View Post
GZUS I just went though several pages of this to find out I needed to have my SD card formatted to FAT32. Well, it works now.... Very grateful for that.

I fried my USB in the name of science and no longer could charge or anything else, so this ROM install via SD card was a great benefit.

Someone should edit the first post and say the card needs to be FAT32.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
did you format the card to FAT32?
here is another thread on the same subject
Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
Yup. and btw make sure your card is formatted FAT32
Old 05-17-2009, 11:32 PM
kadukuchelu

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I just want to thank razorloves for helping me through the process of try to flash my PRO through the sd card we have come to the conclusion that my sd card is not right for it I folled every step that razorloves has given me and the solution was that it was the card that it didnt like. I give big props to razorloves for the help through this. I going out on my next payday and getting me a new card that has the rating of 6 and going to try this one more time so razorlove I give you a standing ovation for this one and your help thank you very much. I have one other question. Will downloading a rom from your phone and running it from there make your phone a $300 paper wait? Can you do anything without a PC or do you sstill need some PC help? The reason I ask in case I get sent to some where like BFE and dont have access to a PC?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:43 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadukuchelu View Post
I just want to thank razorloves for helping me through the process of try to flash my PRO through the sd card we have come to the conclusion that my sd card is not right for it I folled every step that razorloves has given me and the solution was that it was the card that it didnt like. I give big props to razorloves for the help through this. I going out on my next payday and getting me a new card that has the rating of 6 and going to try this one more time so razorlove I give you a standing ovation for this one and your help thank you very much. I have one other question. Will downloading a rom from your phone and running it from there make your phone a $300 paper wait? Can you do anything without a PC or do you sstill need some PC help? The reason I ask in case I get sent to some where like BFE and dont have access to a PC?
You do NOT need a PC, you can download, un-rar (if needed), and flash all day long without any computer.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:54 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadukuchelu View Post
thank you very much for the kind words kadukuchelu

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development