PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pr
Carrier: sprint

Hamanu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

OK maybe im just a total newbie to this but i cant get my TP to flash using none of the above ways. It always loses connection to active synch
Old 04-10-2009, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamanu View Post
OK maybe im just a total newbie to this but i cant get my TP to flash using none of the above ways. It always loses connection to active synch
Hey...I see it's you're first post...welcome to ppcgeeks.
Have you already unlocked your touch pro? If not that go over to this thread here. If you have unlocked, then what error message are you getting and what steps are you performing up to the point where you get the error message?
Old 04-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pr

Hamanu is a n00b

Yes phone is unlocked, I used the SD instructions. Phone is showing 37.CMONEX. I tried loading rom from SD but it seems like it doesnt see the rom and when i try it connected to pc when it goes the the rainbow screen active synch cant recongize the device.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:50 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Hamanu,

first off, welcome to PPCGeeks !!!

ok, now forget about activesync, once your devices goes into bootloader activesync wont recognize it but ...
u should still be able to flash a ROM, if not then you'll get an Error (like the invalid model ID seen here)
Old 04-12-2009, 09:55 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamanu View Post
Yes phone is unlocked, I used the SD instructions. Phone is showing 37.CMONEX. I tried loading rom from SD but it seems like it doesnt see the rom and when i try it connected to pc when it goes the the rainbow screen active synch cant recongize the device.
Ok, this reminds me of the experience I had flashing ROMs on the 10th (few days ago)
I took a 1GB card that was empty, formatted to FAT32, dropped a rom NBH, and loaded it in my touch...
the bootloader screen flashed, then went to a 'no image found' msg then back to bootloader again...
so I copied the same file to another 1GB card (also formatted FAT32) and this time it worked!!!

Moral of the story, it may just be that card that doesn't work!
Both cards I was using were the standard 1 GBs that comes with the TP
Old 04-12-2009, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Cricket

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work

hey guys, in this it says to HARD RESET after i install the ROM, so i have done that

but once i do that it of course will go back to the configuration screen.

now when it says "wait 3 seconds for ...blah blah", do i do a SOFT RESET too, or do i let it run??
Old 04-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

Laiger is a n00b

I have a TP, flashed it to rhodium it's a great rom, but i want to go back to the Sprint stock rom. How do i change it back to stock?
Old 04-12-2009, 07:12 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo-x View Post
hey guys, in this it says to HARD RESET after i install the ROM, so i have done that

but once i do that it of course will go back to the configuration screen.

now when it says "wait 3 seconds for ...blah blah", do i do a SOFT RESET too, or do i let it run??
It depends if you want the roms customizations to be installed. If it's a universal multi-carrier rom, like Mighty Mike's, then it's ok to let customizations run. You have to be careful about that though because you have a sprint phone reprogrammed to cricket. You wouldn't want to let customizations run on a carrier specific rom, unless it was a cricket rom, which don't exist yet for the touch pro

Last edited by razorloves; 04-12-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:13 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laiger View Post
I have a TP, flashed it to rhodium it's a great rom, but i want to go back to the Sprint stock rom. How do i change it back to stock?
You can get the stock Sprint dumped rom here
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Verizon Touch Pro

msuomi1 is a n00b

Will these instructions and attachments work for a Verizon HTC Touch Pro?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development