PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 08:47 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlmatt View Post
It's working! My first new rom. Exciting day. Thanks for all your help. Missed one step and wasted hours. Oh well, you live and learn.
congrads on flashing your first ROM !!! welcome to the addiction
Old 03-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Osseous is a n00b

Hi Guys,

First time posting to these forums. I am looking for assistance with attempting my first ROM or radio flash for my Sprint Touch Pro. I have been lurking on the boards and reading as best as I can for the past 2 months since I got the TP trying to learn and understand the process. I have tried to tinker on my own before posting to the forum requesting assistance. I apologize if much of what I am struggling with has been discussed ad nauseum previously and may not be in any way new, but I have really hit a wall and could use some assistance.

Having never flashed any type of new ROM before I thought that I would start off with a new radio thinking that somehow flashing a radio might be an easier first step than would be flashing a ROM. Is flashing a new radio the same process as for flashing an entire ROM….i.e. is it like flashing a ‘partial’ or ‘mini’ ROM when I flash for a new radio? I have been working with the updated radio files Sprint Radio V1.11.00F D and Telus V1.04.05V Radio D that I found through these boards. (I am presently running Sprint radio 1.03.15F).

If I understand things correctly, I first need to unlock the phone. I did that following CMONEX’s fantastic guide and I did seem to accomplish that part of things….at least on the bootloader rainbow screen I do see SPL-0.37 CMONEX. Am I correct that this has accomplished unlocking the phone without my needing to input my MSL anywhere?

I next downloaded the RAR files for the above Sprint and Telus radios, placing the uncompressed folders/files on my desktop.

I have tried the following on 2 separate machines with the exact same results (one machine Win XP SP3 and the other a Windows Vista 32 bit):

1)Made sure .NET framework 3.5 installed on PC
2)Active Sync 4.5 on XP machine and WMDC 6.1 on Vista machine
3)Hooked up USB cable to PDA and PC with successful, initial synch
4)Entered bootloader mode (with CMONEX 0.37 SPL showing on rainbow bootloader screen) with PDA still hooked up to the machines via USB
5)I noticed at this point that in bootloader mode that neither machine (XP or Vista) seemed to remain connected to the PDA via the USB even though PDA shows USB on bottom of rainbow screen
6)Ran the respective radio update utility anyway, even though I no longer appeared to be connected or synch’d.
7)Both utilities do launc: (PDA Phone ROM Update Utility 3.27.4.3 shows up in the title bar with either radio update utility)
In clicking through the screens, I have noticed that neither utility seems to recognize any specific ROM image for replacement as listed in the upper field of the utility screen (field is blank), however, the utilities do list the correct radio files at the bottom fields of the utility screens as I continue through the process.
9)The PDA does then seem to at least start a flash process, getting as far as 5% on the PDA screen and as far as a couple of bars on the PC update utility screen
10)The utilities then both fail with the following messages:
a.Error [244] Invalid Model ID
b.This update utility cannot be used for your PDA phone. Please check your update utility.
11)The same process has incidentally happened if I try to run the radio update utilities with the PDA successfully synch’d but not in bootloader mode (utilities force it into bootloader mode and then process continues the same).

I am sure that I am missing something very basic to this process. I have noticed in reading the threads references to a RUU and RUU.zip whatever they are and to renaming a ‘signed’ RUU and placing it somewhere or other. Is this perhaps a critical step that I have missed in the process? Does this step allow the ROM or radio update utility to ‘recognize’ my current ROM or radio file as the one that needs to be replaced?

Any assistance in helping me to work through this would be truly appreciated. Please let me know any other information that I would need to post that I might not have included in the rest of the above post.

Nice to meet everyone, and thank you for your help!!!

Oss
Old 03-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Lurker

Osseous is a n00b

Update: Tried putting RUU_signed.nbh file into unzipped RUU file folder on desktop and ran update utility. Still no go. I do see file name in upper field as one I am replacing with the new radio file in the field on bottom of screen. Utility starts, but again at about 5% flash on PDA and several bars on PC utility screen the process stops with same error messages. PDA automatically reboots succesfully when this happens btw.

Thanks again,

Oss
Old 03-15-2009, 01:43 PM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Oss

Welcome to PPCGeeks

You are unlocked if you see cmonex on the bootloader screen
If you flash via RUU, when in bootloader it wont read the ROM version from device.
Not sure what RUU your using, or what radio your trying to flash for that matter.
Make sure you have a TP RUU, just download a custom ROM (most come w/ the RUU)
although I recommend flashing via SD Card, also double check the radio is compatible with your TP
flashing from the SD Card is faster, and my preferred method...
and of course always have your data backed up

Last edited by puff; 03-15-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Lurker

Osseous is a n00b

Thank you for rapid reply PUFF.

Pulled down RUU.zip from first post in this thread. Unzipped that to desktop.

I wish to test out these radio files:
Sprint Radio V1.11.00F D and
Telus V1.04.05V Radio D both of which I found through these boards.

I am presently running Sprint radio 1.03.15F.

Unless I have misunderstood what I have been reading, I believe that those are the 2 most up to date radios for the Sprint network HTC Touch Pro, so I am assuming that they are compatible.

I have tried running the RUU found in the uncompressed folders for each of the radios as well as through the uncompressed RUU.zip I downloaded from the first post in this thread (I think that they are the same). I have even tried copying the signed nbh files in turn from each of the above radio file folders over to the uncompressed RUU from the zip file, now sitting on desktop as /RUU and running the utility from that /RUU folder.

thanks again,

Oss
Old 03-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Lurker

Osseous is a n00b

Update again,

Renamed the signed nbh file from the telus radio set of files to RAPHIMG.nbh and put a copy of that file in the root of my storage card (using Activ Sync to accomplish that). Entered bootload mode and nothing happened. Was able to soft reset without any problems with stylus.

Did get message through Activ Sync on PC that I was no longer connected to PDA once I entered bootload mode.

Oss

Last edited by Osseous; 03-15-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Lurker

Osseous is a n00b

Have tried 2 different RUU with same results. The RUU that I originally referenced was 3.27.4.3 and then I tried an older one (3.16.4.2) with same result and same error messages as I listed above.

Oss
Old 03-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

So.... Did you check to see if you are unlocked like Puff suggested?
Old 03-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Lurker

Osseous is a n00b

Says SPL-0.37 CMONEX on bootloader screen so I think that I am unlocked.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:32 AM
the magic mod

did you format the card to FAT32? is it under 2GB? 4GB?
here is another thread on the same subject

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development