PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   How To Flash Your Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266)

owlmatt 03-14-2009 01:27 PM

Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

Did anyone figure out the issue with active sync not connecting with the phone since it is in bootloader mode?

puff 03-14-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owlmatt (Post 772001)
Did anyone figure out the issue with active sync not connecting with the phone since it is in bootloader mode?

that's normal, activeysnc wont connect while in bootloader mode, but you can flash roms... just keep clicking next ;-)

owlmatt 03-14-2009 01:58 PM

it keeps saying update utility can not open requested file. Sorry for being a noob. I have both copied the zip folder of the SSK kitchen into my desktop RUU folder and I have extracted it into the file . I have not found a specific (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU) to copy. I have just copied the whole folder. Where is this specific file? Maybe that is the problem. Please help. Would love to learn how to do this so I can keep my touch pro.

puff 03-14-2009 02:01 PM

the problem is that a 'kitchen' is an application used to create ROM

owlmatt 03-14-2009 02:12 PM

Wow, I'm a noob. Let me learn how to put that kitchen into a rom. SHould I hard reset my phone before doing this and only add net framework 3.5?

puff 03-14-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owlmatt (Post 772085)
Wow, I'm a noob. Let me learn how to put that kitchen into a rom. SHould I hard reset my phone before doing this and only add net framework 3.5?

lol, dont worry - its all good... we were all n00b once too, just like you ;-)
hard reset is gonna happen anyway once your flash a new rom, but it wont hurt...

owlmatt 03-14-2009 03:53 PM

Well I am learning a lot but not doing it incorrectly. Got it to "try" and update my rom. So some success. Except it stays on 0% and then says there is a communications error and does a recovery and still the same error. help help would be appreciated. Its a lazy saturday and the goal is to flash my first custom rom. Thanks!

owlmatt 03-14-2009 05:42 PM

If anyone has advice. I have done research and looked a lot of places. I have taken off my firewall, taken off my virus protection, removed the memory card and reinstalled activesync. I am still getting error 262 when trying to flash.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

puff 03-14-2009 07:17 PM

owlmatt - sounds like you need to unlock your device

owlmatt 03-14-2009 07:43 PM

It's working! My first new rom. Exciting day. Thanks for all your help. Missed one step and wasted hours. Oh well, you live and learn.