PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   How To Flash Your Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266)

teamzippy 02-04-2009 05:31 PM

Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

Sorry, just figuring this out myself. I have the rom downloaded and unzipped to my desktop. I have the RUU file downloaded and also extracted to my desktop. Do I ONLY copy the RUU_signed.nbh file to the RUU folder, or do I copy that to the folder along with the ROM folder?

Thanks for the help.

Ichisan 02-04-2009 05:43 PM

Thanks Just Flashed Mines Within 30 Minutes And Im Loving It(Just Like Five Minutes So Far)

flyers2114 02-04-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamzippy (Post 689878)
Sorry, just figuring this out myself. I have the rom downloaded and unzipped to my desktop. I have the RUU file downloaded and also extracted to my desktop. Do I ONLY copy the RUU_signed.nbh file to the RUU folder, or do I copy that to the folder along with the ROM folder?

Thanks for the help.

Just move the signednbh file to the RUU...then run the RomUpdateUtility..

teamzippy 02-04-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 690205)
Just move the signednbh file to the RUU...then run the RomUpdateUtility..

Got it, ok, I'll give it a try, thanks.

GoodGets 02-04-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 498488)
How to Flash Via PC:

1.download the ruu.zip attachment
2.unzip to your desktop
3.then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU)
4.Place phone in bootloader mode (power button while holding volume down button)
5.open the ROMUpdateUtility.exe
6.follow the RUU on screen instructions from there

Is this how to flash radio as well?

HotSauce 02-07-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 498488)

How to Flash Via PC:

1.download the ruu.zip attachment
2.unzip to your desktop
3.then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU)
4.Place phone in bootloader mode (power button while holding volume down button)
5.open the ROMUpdateUtility.exe
6.follow the RUU on screen instructions from there

For step #3, do we only put RUU_Signed.nbh of our custom rom into desktop\RUU? What do we do with the rest of the files from the custom rom?

flyers2114 02-08-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotSauce (Post 697782)
For step #3, do we only put RUU_Signed.nbh of our custom rom into desktop\RUU? What do we do with the rest of the files from the custom rom?

Yes.............nothing just place it in then run the RomUpdateUtility.....

jrocc1986 02-08-2009 04:48 AM

Allright this is the first time i have tried this.i unlocked my phone i believe (when i check bootloader it it says spl-0.37.cmonex). I have followed all of these steps. i have downloaded the mighty rom and saved it into the ruu file then wen i run the Rom update utility i says that it cannot update the requested file. does anyone know what im doing wrong and can explain it to me without confusing the sh outta me??

jrocc1986 02-08-2009 05:36 AM

Ive got it. thanks flyers. ur previouse posts helped me figure it out

allen@millermanor.net 02-09-2009 08:17 PM

I apologize if this is not the right place to post this.

I have a new HTC Touch Pro (Verizon). I am interested in applying a customized ROM (trying SSK 1.5). I have .net 3.5 on my pc.

I read about doing the unlock thing. I believe I did that successfully. If I do the boot loader I get the 4 color bar screen and it says Security Unlocked and below it says SPL-0.35.0000. I connect my USB cable and go to the ROMUpdateUtility and apply scrosler.nbh from one of the SSK downloads. I get a horizontal progress bar on both my desktop and the phone BUT the bar never grows - it stays at 0%. Eventually the system times out and I get a Error 262: Update error on my desktop.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing here? I've tried this a bunch of times but keep getting the same results. These darn computers - why do they have to be so consistent?

Regards,
Allen