PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Android HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lilmomo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint htc touch pro fm radio

does the new htc touch pro from sprint have the fm radio??? whats the difference in regarding to applications between the original touch pro and sprint's touch pro????
Old 11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael

allanak is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to allanak Send a message via AIM to allanak Send a message via MSN to allanak Send a message via Yahoo to allanak
Re: sprint htc touch pro fm radio

It came disabled out of the box...looks like jakdillard hacked it back on by borrowing the drivers (and the application) from the GSM versions and cooking it back into a ROM. I haven't done this myself but it sounds successful. I'm waiting for a new cooked ROM to flash with that stuff built-in

SERO 1250 + unlimited text, TEP and free Airave <$55/mo
Old 11-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro

trueblue28 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanak View Post
It came disabled out of the box...looks like jakdillard hacked it back on by borrowing the drivers (and the application) from the GSM versions and cooking it back into a ROM. I haven't done this myself but it sounds successful. I'm waiting for a new cooked ROM to flash with that stuff built-in

Any chance we can get the application without having to install a ROM?
Old 11-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

well, it works fine on the diamond, but not on the touch pro. most likely it it disabled in the kernel... if you have got it sucessfully working on the touch pro though .. let us know
Old 11-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...-FM-Radio.aspx
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lilmomo is a n00b

ok wow, i think it would be cool to have that app. anyways does someone know if there is a thread her of the list of exact apps that come with the sprint rom??? i want to know what i will be missing in the sprint version as opposed to the gsm version, besides the basic sim card apps, etc. like does the sprint version have the app to create ur own ring tones?? sling player?? oh and btw is teethering possible on the tp??? my mogul was awesome for it, wats the deal witht the tp???
Old 11-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Damn...this is really sucky information. i mean..I will definitley live without it...but the fact that the diamond can use it but we can't sux!

At any rate, thanks for the research on it, No2. Its appreciated.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lilmomo is a n00b

Damn...this is really sucky information. i mean..I will definitley live without it...but the fact that the diamond can use it but we can't sux!

i am also upset abt that. i wish we could have it. its such a stupid thing but quite usefull. i used to own a nokia 6280 and loved the fm radio, only in the last 4 years have i goten hooked on windows mobile devices. i order my touch pro, and getting it tonite. im literally almost wetting myself from excitment. lol but would still like a list of apps the sprint version comes with. plz someone!~!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think it may also be a consideration on battery life or perhaps they wanted people to use sprint Music or strem from the web..

Um, airwaves going away making it all digital/HD radio in 2009, does that apply eventually to radio signals as well?

-CC
Old 11-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
I think it may also be a consideration on battery life or perhaps they wanted people to use sprint Music or strem from the web..

Um, airwaves going away making it all digital/HD radio in 2009, does that apply eventually to radio signals as well?

-CC
Though it seems counterintuitive the FM radio would probably doesn't use any battery to receive, only the speaker would use the battery.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development