PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Stock rom links for cdma Touch PRO (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741)

ImCoKeMaN 11-02-2008 05:26 PM

Stock rom links for cdma Touch PRO

I have dumped my sprint OS rom for people with the touch Pro and the verizon leaked rom is out already. This thread is to list which stock roms are available and where to get them. I hope to keep it up to date, but feel free to link others if you find them.

Raphael_C hardSPL thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

RUU for nbh roms:
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...Herman_RUU.rar

Dumped versions (OS only, generally nbh format to use with RUU):
You must be unlocked with a hardSPL to use dumped roms as they are not signed. To get unlocker go here

Sprint:
OS for returning to stock: (Must still be unlocked aka hardSPL as with all dumped roms)
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar

Alltel (Thanks conflipper): (Must still be unlocked aka hardSPL as with all dumped roms)
(orig conflipper built RUU link here but xip not proper)

Bell (Thanks Juggalo_X): (Must still be unlocked aka hardSPL as with all dumped roms)
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Stock%20R...20ROM%20TP.rar

Telus (Thanks Juggalo_X): (Must still be unlocked aka hardSPL as with all dumped roms)
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Stock%20ROMs/Telus%20Stock%20ROM%20TP.rar

Shipped versions (exe format signed):

Verizon:
Leaked version (pre-release):
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Stock%20R...51064_Ship.exe

Sprint (thanks to Chappy):
http://rapidshare.com/files/16742399...p.exe.zip.html
Updated version:
http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip

Have a stock rom that isn't listed?
Post here, PM me, find me in chat etc. If it needs to be dumped from the device I can help with the dump, package the parts to an nbh and post it.

Thanks everyone and enjoy!

codyppc 11-02-2008 05:35 PM

Re: Stock rom links for cdma Touch PRO

very good. thanks imcokeman

tobeychris 11-02-2008 06:16 PM

Can anyone confirm that the ROM works?

Please and thank you.

TurboFool 11-02-2008 06:30 PM

Thanks a bunch for this. I didn't start cooking my Mogul until after Sprint had released updated ROMs, so always had a fallback easily available. Had been wondering when we'd have that safety net here.

aceracer24 11-02-2008 06:34 PM

I hope someone manages to find a leaked Sprint shipped rom....

electronicrice 11-02-2008 07:39 PM

wasn't madzilla in need of a stock rom to flash back to? i'd assume since his phone is unusable he'd want to try flashing this stock version and test it out.
wouldn't hurt to try

mikee4fun 11-02-2008 10:12 PM

Works perfect for me. Thanks bro!

Cheers,

Mikee

johnnymac 11-02-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikee4fun (Post 492342)
Works perfect for me. Thanks bro!

Cheers,

Mikee

Do you mean that the Stock Sprint one works posted above??? Do you need to relock or can I just flash it over the Nue2 Rom?

mikee4fun 11-02-2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnymac (Post 492349)
Do you mean that the Stock Sprint one works posted above??? Do you need to relock or can I just flash it over the Nue2 Rom?

No never relock unless you are taking it back in for repairs. Just flash over no2chem's

Cheers,

Mikee

gspitman 11-02-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN (Post 491790)
Sprint:
OS for returning to stock:
WARNING: Untested so far, please wait for confirmation if you are concerned with a potentially unusable phone (although it would most likely be temporary) Oh and if you use it let me know

Flashed... so far so good. It's still customizing.

madzilla 11-02-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicrice (Post 492027)
wasn't madzilla in need of a stock rom to flash back to? i'd assume since his phone is unusable he'd want to try flashing this stock version and test it out.
wouldn't hurt to try

\
I just installed No2Chems about an hour ago. works great again :D

hibby50 11-02-2008 10:34 PM

im flashing back from no2s....

leoiden 11-03-2008 12:37 AM

flashed the dumped oem rom and everything is fine so far!

aaron130 11-03-2008 02:13 PM

How does this work exactly,I mean going back to stock, cuz I just downloaded the file and its not a complete folder like ROMS usually are. Can I just copy and paste all the stuff from another RUU(except nbh file) into an empty folder and add the sprint stock nbh?

bigben 11-03-2008 10:34 PM

Im - you are the man!!! You bring so much to the community - thank you

nanoware 11-04-2008 03:15 AM

i would have to say, the stock sprint rom is pretty rockin for me. With just the tweaks and reg settings mentioned on other threads, its running pretty fast....this coming from a person who always had the latest JD and WDM roms on his touch :). Anyone else agree with me?

gladesmellzgood 11-04-2008 06:30 AM

Does anyone know where to find the actual shipped sprint rom like the one thats the exe file

no2chem 11-04-2008 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood (Post 495376)
Does anyone know where to find the actual shipped sprint rom like the one thats the exe file

no such thing, at least that we've been able to get our hands on.

gladesmellzgood 11-04-2008 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 495377)
no such thing, at least that we've been able to get our hands on.

Oh ok i flashed that verizon rom and was stuck with this verizon loader when turning the phone on so i wanted to get back to stock will wait and see if one pops up

gladesmellzgood 11-04-2008 05:53 PM

Has anyone got the sprint touch pro radio file

aaron130 11-06-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanoware (Post 495271)
i would have to say, the stock sprint rom is pretty rockin for me. With just the tweaks and reg settings mentioned on other threads, its running pretty fast....this coming from a person who always had the latest JD and WDM roms on his touch :). Anyone else agree with me?

I agree 100%!! I am LOVING the stock ROM with just a few tweaks here and there it is running PERFECT!!

CareTake12 11-07-2008 07:26 PM

could we get this thread sticky!

cgreen1986 11-09-2008 12:54 PM

Is This The Original Rom The Phone Came With

lnchbx13 11-09-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgreen1986 (Post 507421)
Is This The Original Rom The Phone Came With

Yes, you want to download the Sprint dumped download on the first post of this thread and flash that to your tp. That would give you back the stock rom. Remember that you don't need to relock it unless you are taking it back.

MadManX 11-10-2008 05:03 PM

Does anyone have a dummped stock ROM newer than the posted one. It's build date is 9/12 which was lower than the one that came on my TP, which was 9/14. I'm looking for one that is closer to the 10/20 dates I've been seening everyone else have. Mine came from eCare and seems to have a few bugs here and there and is older, the custom ROMs just aren't to my liking yet, I tryed them and wish I hadden't since I can't go back to the ROM I had.

Anyways... If someone has pointers on how to dump and build a new ROM I have a second TP comming after the latest backorder due to arrive today or tomorrow I could get the ROM off of... But I don't know how to make it flashable.

-MadManX

aceracer24 11-10-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadManX (Post 509680)
Does anyone have a dummped stock ROM newer than the posted one. It's build date is 9/12 which was lower than the one that came on my TP, which was 9/14. I'm looking for one that is closer to the 10/20 dates I've been seening everyone else have. Mine came from eCare and seems to have a few bugs here and there and is older, the custom ROMs just aren't to my liking yet, I tryed them and wish I hadden't since I can't go back to the ROM I had.

Anyways... If someone has pointers on how to dump and build a new ROM I have a second TP comming after the latest backorder due to arrive today or tomorrow I could get the ROM off of... But I don't know how to make it flashable.

-MadManX

You won't get a newer date on the Sprint dumped roms. To the best of my knowledge, all of the roms currently for Sprint (stock) are the exact same one so even a new dump will still give you the same rom just a newer dumped date.

MadManX 11-10-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceracer24 (Post 509799)
You won't get a newer date on the Sprint dumped roms. To the best of my knowledge, all of the roms currently for Sprint (stock) are the exact same one so even a new dump will still give you the same rom just a newer dumped date.

I was under the impression that something "changed" the Friday before the original release date (9/17) that delayed the phones for software updates. I even read somewhere on here that a vedor had to do last minute software patches before shipping devices... I could be totally way off though... It has been a couple weeks that I've been waiting to get my hands on these since than.

oh.. And the new one is on my door step waiting for me, no more Mogul or 6700 now.

-MadManX

jimd144 11-12-2008 05:09 PM

The phone stays at the HTC loader. Anybody have the Sprint splash screen?

Elbimster 11-12-2008 11:02 PM

I seem to not be able to download the Sprint Stock ROM. Is it being hosted someplace else that I can grab it?

aznmode 11-13-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron130 (Post 501051)
I agree 100%!! I am LOVING the stock ROM with just a few tweaks here and there it is running PERFECT!!

+1 on the dumped stock ROM. Everything opens up faster.

Vertigo 11-13-2008 08:12 AM

any signs of the .EXE signed version?

aceracer24 11-13-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadManX (Post 509823)
I was under the impression that something "changed" the Friday before the original release date (9/17) that delayed the phones for software updates. I even read somewhere on here that a vedor had to do last minute software patches before shipping devices... I could be totally way off though... It has been a couple weeks that I've been waiting to get my hands on these since than.

oh.. And the new one is on my door step waiting for me, no more Mogul or 6700 now.

-MadManX

What you heard is true but the dumped rom is based off of that updated stock. There has been no new roms released officially or unofficially.

slopokdave 11-13-2008 05:16 PM

Newb here. I am looking at trying out some of the custom ROMS on here. Let me get this straight: First I need to unlock the phone, then I need to flash it with the ROM. Do I Need to hardreset first?

If I want to go back to my original stock OE Sprint rom, I Need to re-lock it then flash using the ROM on the first page of this thread? (StockSprintHermanOSBigstorageRUU_dumped.rar)

I'm afraid of being able to return my phone to exactly where it was.... :)

aceracer24 11-13-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slopokdave (Post 517199)
Newb here. I am looking at trying out some of the custom ROMS on here. Let me get this straight: First I need to unlock the phone, then I need to flash it with the ROM. Do I Need to hardreset first?

If I want to go back to my original stock OE Sprint rom, I Need to re-lock it then flash using the ROM on the first page of this thread? (StockSprintHermanOSBigstorageRUU_dumped.rar)

I don't see the rom you listed but anyway, you don't want to lock it first if the rom you listed is just a dumped rom. You can only flash dumped/custom roms on an unlocked phone. The rom I did see listed above that is the stock Sprint rom is just a dumped rom. That will require the phone to be unlocked first. Once flashed, THEN you can lock the phone and you should be ok.

If the Sprint rom was a .exe, then it would be an actual shipped stock Sprint rom and so would not matter if the device was locked or unlocked.

aznmode 11-13-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slopokdave (Post 517199)

Once it's unlocked you can load any ROMs on it whether it's the StockSprintHerman or custom/cooked posted by other members. You can hard reset after you load the ROMs but you don't need to do it before you load.

You only wanna relock if you are returning the phone to sprint because if they see it is unlocked then it could void your warranty. But relock it only after you load StockSprintHerman back to it.

The StockSprintHerman is the stock OE.

aznmode 11-13-2008 06:36 PM

It may be just placebo but I've noticed my battery drain isn't as drastic with this ROM. Unless my battery is finally retaining it's fully charge. My battery is lasting longer. I've also noticed before when I reset the percentage would change dramatically. Meaning before a reset lets say it was at 75% then after reset it would go down to 62%. That hasn't happened yet with this ROM.

nico4k 11-17-2008 11:24 AM

i really would like a signed version of the sprint Stock ROM, i'm still breaking in the TP and dont want to unlock it yet...hope it shows up soon.....

kjhee43 11-17-2008 05:55 PM

If I want to flash a Sprint TP to the Verizon signed rom on page 1, do I need to unlock first?

t0mmyr 11-18-2008 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 515867)
+1 on the dumped stock ROM. Everything opens up faster.

what are u comparing this to?

do u mean if i flash the dumped rom over my stock sprint rom it will run faster? i thought i just need to tweak the stock rom, or run a custom rom to make it faster

conflipper 11-21-2008 06:29 PM

Alltel Touch Pro Stock Version by Yours Truely.

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Stock%20R...ROM%20Dump.rar

Please add link to first page if someone gets a chance.