PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503)

cmonex 11-01-2008 12:50 AM

Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team

5 Attachment(s)
UPDATE: VZW SPL posted. (there will be an all-in-one unlocker later, but until then please read the instructions and decide which file is for your device.)

CDMA Raphael Elite Team (see: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41345) presents exclusive Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL to you!

SSPL, HSPL, relocker made by cmonex, Wrappers by olinex, SD flasher and relocker (coming soon) by no2chem. thanks to NexVision (btw I'm really sorry), zule/Shadowmite and no2chem for testing!!!

there are three HSPL's now (for the non-verizon ones it is a similar scene to Diamond_C).

1. 0.25.MFG for Sprint/Alltel/Telus/Bell, for hackers only, because otherwise, it is too old, apparently has splashscreen issues and only 128MB ram. but it has mw, it has rtask, etc. etc. ;)

2. 0.37 for Sprint/Alltel/Telus/Bell, for other people, this has no screen issues but no MFG commands.

3. 0.35 for Verizon touch pro's ONLY.

Important:

first, if you have GSM Touch Pro/Raphael (NOT CDMA, NOT SPRINT/VERIZON/ALLTEL/TELUS/BELL), this will brick your device.
to download a compatible hardspl package for gsm touch pro you can go to forum.xda-developers.com.
but if you have CDMA Touch Pro/Raphael, then you have to use this hardspl, not the one at xda-developers!!!

preparations before flash:

1) make sure you have .NET framework installed on your PC! if not, get it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
2) if you have vista, WMDC update is recommended: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ce-center.mspx
3) now decide which Hard-SPL you want to flash. if you have Verizon, flash VZW package (from verizon attachment). if you have Sprint, Telus or Alltel or Bell, flash default package (Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip).

instructions:

1) download Hard-SPL package from attachment, extract to an empty folder.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!
3) run HardSPL exe that you downloaded before.
4) follow steps in the RUU, and check on the device for prompts after PC shows loading bar.
5) it should go to tricolour screen now and say 0.25.C-SSPL or for Verizon devices it should say 0.35-C-SSPL.
6) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
7) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 0.35.CMONEX or 0.37.CMONEX (or 0.25.CMONEX MFG).

NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
to enter bootloader mode to see version: with the device turned on, press and hold the volume down button along with the power button, then press the reset button with the stylus tip, then release the volume down and power buttons when bootloader tricolour screen appears.

NOTE 2: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPLManual.exe from the SSPLManual.zip attachment to the device and run it. then once the screen is in SSPL, run RUU manually. i.e. you run the RUU on the PC, if it isn't obvious.
make sure to get SSPL-Manual specifically for Verizon phones from the verizon package.

NOTE 3: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs or radio packages. also, this has overwrite protection, if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package is also available here.

NOTE 4: do not use this RUU to flash anything else! this is only intended for flashing the Hard-SPL.

NOTE 5: use Relocker *only* if you need to return the phone for warranty. only use it as last step - after reflashing stock OS and radio. Default relocker is for Sprint etc, Raphael_CDMA_VZW_Relocker in the verizon package is for Verizon touch pro's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, Please Donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team - http://shorl.com/frastijeketrebo - Thanks!!

no2chem 11-01-2008 12:51 AM

Re: Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team

(reserved for SD Card edition)

gatolsf 11-01-2008 01:05 AM

you guys you are the best.
Thank you.

donation on its way.

pro_b 11-01-2008 01:15 AM

Thank you to all the ELITE TEAM.... sending nice donation tomorrow

chedda_chez 11-01-2008 01:17 AM

thank you guys but im a noob at this, the instructions seem pretty thorough too. one question...

what is the "hard-spl"?

-Chez

no2chem 11-01-2008 01:18 AM

to go with it, i might post nueROM-S for Touch Pro, Stock+Updated WM, sometime tonight.... =), until the custom roms flow anyway..

benjio123 11-01-2008 01:33 AM

best news EVER!!!!!
Im seeing Juicy Rom for TP in the near future!

cmonex 11-01-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chedda_chez (Post 489135)
thank you guys but im a noob at this, the instructions seem pretty thorough too. one question...

what is the "hard-spl"?

-Chez

its needed before you can flash custom images / roms / switch radio images to other provider's

chedda_chez 11-01-2008 01:46 AM

thank you thank you for answering my question. im a quick learner so i will pick up fast on this.

-Chez

TurboFool 11-01-2008 01:59 AM

Too damn cool. You guys rock.

A couple of questions:

I know we should always assume when flashing anything that it COULD hard-reset our devices, so we should have our data backed up first, but should I assume this will hard-reset my phone? Is that expected?

As for the second post, is that a version that will allow us to flash from SD, suggesting that the current version won't? And will it likely support SDHC like the previous notes from no2chem have mentioned? Any rough timeframe on this one? I might as well wait, since I was always a big fan of flashing from the card.

As for nueROM-S ( :) ), will it have all stock software, but merely be an updated build of WM?

Baffles 11-01-2008 02:03 AM

Tested 0.37 per request, all worked fine on Vista x64.

[edit]Didn't hard reset me. I was also told that it won't happen as well, so no worries.

leoiden 11-01-2008 02:05 AM

alright guys bring on some cooking ,custom roms atleast the oem sprint touch pro rom without the bloatware would be nice thanks in advance!

TurboFool 11-01-2008 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leoiden (Post 489169)
alright guys bring on some cooking ,custom roms atleast the oem sprint touch pro rom without the bloatware would be nice thanks in advance!

As long as we've got CABs for all the bloatware. I genuinely like a lot of what was included, and what with the large amount of space we have, I'm not too bothered by it.

cmonex 11-01-2008 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 489163)
Too damn cool. You guys rock.

A couple of questions:

I know we should always assume when flashing anything that it COULD hard-reset our devices, so we should have our data backed up first, but should I assume this will hard-reset my phone? Is that expected?

As for the second post, is that a version that will allow us to flash from SD, suggesting that the current version won't? And will it likely support SDHC like the previous notes from no2chem have mentioned? Any rough timeframe on this one? I might as well wait, since I was always a big fan of flashing from the card.

As for nueROM-S ( :) ), will it have all stock software, but merely be an updated build of WM?

1. not supposed to hard reset but if you are paranoid, a backup is always useful =)

2. this version can also do SD flash with the SSPL-Manual.exe (don't use the ruu wrapped version for that though)... but no2chem's app will be more userfriendly =)

TurboFool 11-01-2008 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonex (Post 489197)
1. not supposed to hard reset but if you are paranoid, a backup is always useful =)

2. this version can also do SD flash with the SSPL-Manual.exe (don't use the ruu wrapped version for that though)... but no2chem's app will be more userfriendly =)

Yeah, no2chem's got a habit of that. ;) Well, I suppose without any custom ROMs available yet it can't hurt to wait for that one. Thanks for all the work, though, guys. Glad I donated, and impressed at your fast turn around. One week from retail launch?

stroths 11-01-2008 05:48 AM

Perfect....got mine to work with version 0.37 on Vista x64 and no data was lost. Thank you all for the hard work and I'm glad I donated earlier too.

Boot Loader Mode - Touch Pro
Option 1 - Press and Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons and use the stylus to reset your phone while holding those 2 buttons.

Option 2 - Completely power down your phone (i.e. take out battery). Press and Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the phone powers on in the boot loader screen.

To get out of it, simply use your stylus to reset the device.

EDIT: Here's what your bootloader screen will look like after flashing

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...otLoader-1.jpg

five40 11-01-2008 06:43 AM

Let's get the cooking started

codyppc 11-01-2008 08:19 AM

awesome guys, good job.

cody

jason25 11-01-2008 08:33 AM

great work guys, I have been really looking forward to a custom ROM for this beast

edit: worked like a champ, thanks

NexVision 11-01-2008 09:55 AM

Enjoy guys cmonex came thru yet again...

aceracer24 11-01-2008 10:59 AM

Thank you to the whole team that made it possible for users to install custom roms. Now that it's possible, are there kitchens and stuff ready for us to use yet?

DaPeeps 11-01-2008 11:40 AM

I EFFING LOVE YOU GUYS.

I knew it wouldn't be long. I love this community.

Can't wait for the Roms to start flowing.

<sigh> All is right in the world.

puff 11-01-2008 12:47 PM

and to think, sprint's official launch date is tomorrow :headbang:

wowthatisrandom 11-01-2008 01:47 PM

great work but how many times can you hear that... you know u guys r unreal

qbunnie 11-01-2008 02:43 PM

It is a good day.
Thanks guys.

cmbtmdcthor 11-01-2008 04:50 PM

You guys frakin' rock

mikee4fun 11-01-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 489623)
and to think, sprint's official launch date is tomorrow :headbang:

Well I walked into a corporate sprint store in Walnut Creek, California and bought one today. =P

badboy8813 11-01-2008 07:52 PM

thank you!

asenduk 11-01-2008 07:54 PM

thank you Elite team!!!:headbang:

puff 11-01-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikee4fun (Post 490205)
Well I walked into a corporate sprint store in Walnut Creek, California and bought one today. =P

well you'll note that i said 'official' launch date, not that you couldn't get one ;-)
oh btw until i'm able to afford one of my own, i hate you !!! (not really, but i'm jealous)

mikee4fun 11-01-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 490221)
well you'll note that i said 'official' launch date, not that you couldn't get one ;-)
oh btw until i'm able to afford one of my own, i hate you !!! (not really, but i'm jealous)

LMAO Well I had to buy mine at full price because I am using it on my company's sprint service and my company will not allow me to upgrade. So my out of pocket expense was $602 and change. I called up sprint and did the phone swap. Now I have a nice phone and am awaiting no2chem's release this evening.

Sweet!

gazorp 11-01-2008 11:14 PM

Just got my TP today! Thanks guys, and looking to contribute in a big way!

cwbaker 11-02-2008 01:27 AM

All I have done since I got this phone last week was try and customize it. They have already made custom themes but they all break one thing or another. I know people are working on creating an editor for the mainla interface so my question is willl those changes inteface with the cooking going on here or qill those changes still be mad after the cooking is done?
I cannot belive that only one week after release gou guys are already cooking.. wowow im impressed.

thewayofwright 11-02-2008 03:22 AM

Hey guys... I loaded the .25 version due to a lack of activating the radio with rtask a commands in the .37. Needless to say more, I wish to put the device into a calibration mode for further QXDM and QPST modifications (I am sure you all know why). I enter the retuoR command and enter a second prompt, but when requestion a DM mode or Calibration mode via rtask c, I get an error that states that I have no radio version installed. It litterally gives me this:

-->rtask a
<--Enter Radio Bootloader
-->retouR
-->Cmd>rtask c
<--Calibration
<--No card inserted
<--HTC_SMEM_CE_RADIO_DBG_FLAG:300
<--Enter Radio Image

Any recomendations as to how to get this phone into a DM or Calibration mode suffeciant enough to do a KL()N3

Also, .25 kills the bootloader startup screen that shows the "Touch Pro" logo. Any hints to restore that, the ultra blank white screen sux.

flyers2114 11-02-2008 03:39 AM

Nice work!! I am ready for NO2Chem to start rocking.....:headbang:

hibby50 11-02-2008 08:08 AM

Guess i give u all a virtual hug ,sits back again and presses the refreshes nuerom.com..... again

chedda_chez 11-02-2008 12:40 PM

what version of .net do we need? doesnt the phone come with it already?

-Chez

and also, if we need a new version, that link doesnt work.

TurboFool 11-02-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chedda_chez (Post 491318)

-Chez

On the COMPUTER, not the phone. You're running the installer from the computer, making what's on the phone irrelevant.

chedda_chez 11-02-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 491337)
On the COMPUTER, not the phone. You're running the installer from the computer, making what's on the phone irrelevant.

yeah i figured that out,....the link at the top says unable to locate address but when you scroll down the link to install is right there in your face. funny stuff.

got it done SUCCESSFULLY!!!!

+1 for the noob.

-Chez

deadz 11-02-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chedda_chez (Post 491318)

-Chez

I went with .NET 3.5 and it goes on your PC not on the phone.

Link: .NET 3.5