PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Shine Plus (LG Ally)
Carrier: Telus

TheSarge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team

OK, so I'm a complete noob here. Got my Telus HTC Touch Pro back in March, but I only recently learned that I could flash it with a new OS.

Got the Hard SPL package, and I've got everything synched up with Office 2007 on Windows 7 and I'm ready to unlock it. One question, though: Will I need to get Telus do do anything so I can use the phone again once I have a new OS on it, or not?
Old 08-15-2009, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSarge View Post
OK, so I'm a complete noob here. Got my Telus HTC Touch Pro back in March, but I only recently learned that I could flash it with a new OS.

Got the Hard SPL package, and I've got everything synched up with Office 2007 on Windows 7 and I'm ready to unlock it. One question, though: Will I need to get Telus do do anything so I can use the phone again once I have a new OS on it, or not?
nope. it will work like normal after flashing a custom cdma touch pro rom.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

taktikz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
just put it into bootloader mode to see if it's already unlocked. unlocking it will not change any of the metro pcs settings or anything else with your rom.
it says that it's got version 37.000 on it... so i'm assuming its not unlocked??
Old 08-16-2009, 01:50 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by taktikz View Post
it says that it's got version 37.000 on it... so i'm assuming its not unlocked??
correct. that means it's locked. so, if you want to flash custom roms or diferent radios, then go ahead and unlock it.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:52 AM
N00b

taktikz is a n00b

Quote:
correct. that means it's locked. so, if you want to flash custom roms or diferent radios, then go ahead and unlock it.
When updating the ROM, I get 602 Connection Error and I have to remove the battery and restart the phone. I tried starting my phone up in Bootload mode, but the computer doesn't detect it...

What else can I do?
Old 08-16-2009, 04:21 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
When updating the ROM, I get 602 Connection Error and I have to remove the battery and restart the phone. I tried starting my phone up in Bootload mode, but the computer doesn't detect it...

What else can I do?
i don't think there's any such thing as a 602 error, but try this. on your phone, click on Start-Settings-Connections-USB to PC, then uncheck the box under Activesync. Then hit ok. then try the unlocker again.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:29 AM
N00b

taktikz is a n00b

Quote:
i don't think there's any such thing as a 602 error, but try this. on your phone, click on Start-Settings-Connections-USB to PC, then uncheck the box under Activesync. Then hit ok. then try the unlocker again.
I've tried that with no luck....

Anything else?
Old 08-16-2009, 07:24 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I've tried that with no luck....

Anything else?
what exactly are you trying to do? earlier you said you're trying to flash a rom, but I just want to get clarification on what rom you're trying to flash or if you're just trying to run the unlocker. little confused.
also, it help to know what error number you're actually getting. i don't think there's a 602 error. i pointed out before but i guess you missed that.

Last edited by razorloves; 08-16-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:48 PM
N00b

taktikz is a n00b

Quote:
what exactly are you trying to do? earlier you said you're trying to flash a rom, but I just want to get clarification on what rom you're trying to flash or if you're just trying to run the unlocker. little confused.
also, it help to know what error number you're actually getting. i don't think there's a 602 error. i pointed out before but i guess you missed that.
I'm trying to install Mighty Rom by using the following instructions: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695

I'll recheck the exact error code I'm getting...
Old 08-16-2009, 02:33 PM
N00b

taktikz is a n00b

Tried on another computer and finally got it all to work... The only thing that I don't get is, when clicking on the .nbh file (pagepool_changer), the video tutorial says it should show up as "24", but mine showed up as "16".. I flashed it at "16" with no problems...until I realized the GUI looks different than the one in the video...
Can I go back and re-flash MightyRom6 with pagepool at "24"? Will this fix it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development