PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 & Sprint TP1 & 2
Carrier: Sprint

spokenwordd is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspcguru View Post
Man... Excuse me for being an idiot noob, but I'm having trouble flashing my t-pro (verizon). Downloaded "Verizon_HSPL_Package" and extracted everything, updated .net, Ran "Raphael_VZW_HSPL_035" with the phone activesynced, it seems to run, verfies my current rom version number and the version # in spl, but when it starts to flash, it just sits there for about 20 seconds, and then says it failed due to error #202 (failed to connect). Even tried copying the sspl-manual .exe over to the phone's storage card and running that, but it won't run. Just gives me an exception error. Any ideas? Kinda stumped. Thanks in advance!
I am having the same problem with my Sprint TP using the .37 HSPL. I keep getting a 202 Error when trying to flash the ROM to unlock it just like you are. This is driving me nuts as I am connected fine to my PC through Active Sync. I also tried the Manual version and got the same results as you did... I'm stumped and was VERY excited to try a custom ROM.. dern... can anyone help us?
Old 02-08-2009, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
Perfect....got mine to work with version 0.37 on Vista x64 and no data was lost. Thank you all for the hard work and I'm glad I donated earlier too.

Boot Loader Mode - Touch Pro
Option 1 - Press and Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons and use the stylus to reset your phone while holding those 2 buttons.

Option 2 - Completely power down your phone (i.e. take out battery). Press and Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the phone powers on in the boot loader screen.

To get out of it, simply use your stylus to reset the device.

EDIT: Here's what your bootloader screen will look like after flashing

I am having problems with the unlocker it seems... My screen looks EXACTLY like your screen shot EXCEPT instead of SPL-0.37.CMONEX mine says SPL-0.37.0000 on the second line. The screens are otherwise identical including the fact that mine also says "Security Unlocked" at the top.

I was only able to unlock using the SD card method... Do I have the right version/unlock in order to flash a custom, ROM now?

Thanks to anyone that can advise me... scared to flash unless it's right.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:29 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokenwordd View Post
I am having problems with the unlocker it seems... My screen looks EXACTLY like your screen shot EXCEPT instead of SPL-0.37.CMONEX mine says SPL-0.37.0000 on the second line. The screens are otherwise identical including the fact that mine also says "Security Unlocked" at the top.

I was only able to unlock using the SD card method... Do I have the right version/unlock in order to flash a custom, ROM now?

Thanks to anyone that can advise me... scared to flash unless it's right.
No.....un-lock again.....it needs to be 0.37CMONEX.....
Old 02-08-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
No.....un-lock again.....it needs to be 0.37CMONEX.....
The problem is that everytime I try to use the standard unlock via Active Sync I get a 202 Connection Error after 20 seconds or so... When I try to do the manual unlock from my SD Card it stalls out on the bootlocker screen immediately and when I soft reset and check the version it is still 37.000

I'm using Active Sync 4.5 on XP and have installed .Net 3.5 I have even done a hard reset on my Sprint Touch Pro and still get the same results. Is there any other method?

Thanks in advance.... desperately wanting my first custom ROM running...
Old 02-08-2009, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokenwordd View Post
The problem is that everytime I try to use the standard unlock via Active Sync I get a 202 Connection Error after 20 seconds or so... When I try to do the manual unlock from my SD Card it stalls out on the bootlocker screen immediately and when I soft reset and check the version it is still 37.000

I'm using Active Sync 4.5 on XP and have installed .Net 3.5 I have even done a hard reset on my Sprint Touch Pro and still get the same results. Is there any other method?

Thanks in advance.... desperately wanting my first custom ROM running...
I FINALLY figured it out!!! What I was doing wrong was thinking that the manual unlocker was going to install the full unlocker RUU so I kept thinking it was getting stuck and would soft reset.

When I reread page 1 of this Thread again for the 50th time, I realize that you then have to plug in your phone via USB and run the Auto Unlocker .exe to finish the job. I did that, it installed like a champ in a few seconds and after my rebbot voila there was the proper 0.37 code in my bootloader.

After that it was quick work to load up my phone and select my new and first Custom ROM, the feature rich KK's Loaded ROM 1.4

Thanks for all of the help the seasoned folks provide to us noobs... it goes a long way. I have been working on this allllllllllllllllllll day and now my custom ROM is loading, what a joy...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: I dont even have a phone.
Carrier: Pony Express

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i have more of a technical question for the spl guys...

I have a sprint phone flasheshd vzw...Im still attempting to work out why we get the roaming triangle unless we use a modified prl.

Ive tried official vzw pri, hacked sprint/vzw pri (from the gps thread), amongst other things...

When I unlocked i used 0.37 cause it was a "sprint" But ive discovered that .35 works

if i relock with the relocker
then hard reset, then unlock with .35 and then hard reset again and then flash with a clean verizon rom, with a true verizon pri...do you think that i will still need the hacked prl...

Ive thrown both phones in pst...to verify everything and it looks good. from that stand point.

theres gotta be something missing.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thegameksk is a n00b

I cant relock my old phone or unlock my new one. Whenever I try to open the files it says "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click ok to terminate the application". Ive spent the last hour downloading and redlownload the files only to keep having the same problem. What am I supposed to do?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegameksk View Post
I cant relock my old phone or unlock my new one. Whenever I try to open the files it says "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click ok to terminate the application". Ive spent the last hour downloading and redlownload the files only to keep having the same problem. What am I supposed to do?
Reinstall .NET and try again.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

vashthegreen is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to vashthegreen Send a message via Yahoo to vashthegreen Send a message via Skype™ to vashthegreen

Everytime I try to unlock I get error 262. Is there something I'm missing?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G

caswenson69 is just getting started

Quick question for you guys. I have to relock my TP for warranty reasons. So I relocked it with the relocker on this thread. When I go into bootloader it still says security unlocked at the top of the page and looks the same except it doesnt say CMONEX anywhere on the page. Is this correct for stock form?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development