PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503)

Baffles 11-01-2008 02:03 AM

Re: Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team

Tested 0.37 per request, all worked fine on Vista x64.

[edit]Didn't hard reset me. I was also told that it won't happen as well, so no worries.

leoiden 11-01-2008 02:05 AM

alright guys bring on some cooking ,custom roms atleast the oem sprint touch pro rom without the bloatware would be nice thanks in advance!

TurboFool 11-01-2008 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leoiden (Post 489169)
alright guys bring on some cooking ,custom roms atleast the oem sprint touch pro rom without the bloatware would be nice thanks in advance!

As long as we've got CABs for all the bloatware. I genuinely like a lot of what was included, and what with the large amount of space we have, I'm not too bothered by it.

cmonex 11-01-2008 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 489163)
Too damn cool. You guys rock.

A couple of questions:

I know we should always assume when flashing anything that it COULD hard-reset our devices, so we should have our data backed up first, but should I assume this will hard-reset my phone? Is that expected?

As for the second post, is that a version that will allow us to flash from SD, suggesting that the current version won't? And will it likely support SDHC like the previous notes from no2chem have mentioned? Any rough timeframe on this one? I might as well wait, since I was always a big fan of flashing from the card.

As for nueROM-S ( :) ), will it have all stock software, but merely be an updated build of WM?

1. not supposed to hard reset but if you are paranoid, a backup is always useful =)

2. this version can also do SD flash with the SSPL-Manual.exe (don't use the ruu wrapped version for that though)... but no2chem's app will be more userfriendly =)

TurboFool 11-01-2008 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonex (Post 489197)
1. not supposed to hard reset but if you are paranoid, a backup is always useful =)

2. this version can also do SD flash with the SSPL-Manual.exe (don't use the ruu wrapped version for that though)... but no2chem's app will be more userfriendly =)

Yeah, no2chem's got a habit of that. ;) Well, I suppose without any custom ROMs available yet it can't hurt to wait for that one. Thanks for all the work, though, guys. Glad I donated, and impressed at your fast turn around. One week from retail launch?

stroths 11-01-2008 05:48 AM

Perfect....got mine to work with version 0.37 on Vista x64 and no data was lost. Thank you all for the hard work and I'm glad I donated earlier too.

Boot Loader Mode - Touch Pro
Option 1 - Press and Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons and use the stylus to reset your phone while holding those 2 buttons.

Option 2 - Completely power down your phone (i.e. take out battery). Press and Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the phone powers on in the boot loader screen.

To get out of it, simply use your stylus to reset the device.

EDIT: Here's what your bootloader screen will look like after flashing

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...otLoader-1.jpg

five40 11-01-2008 06:43 AM

Let's get the cooking started

codyppc 11-01-2008 08:19 AM

awesome guys, good job.

cody

jason25 11-01-2008 08:33 AM

great work guys, I have been really looking forward to a custom ROM for this beast

edit: worked like a champ, thanks

NexVision 11-01-2008 09:55 AM

Enjoy guys cmonex came thru yet again...