PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 1-21-10 Twisted Begins Sense 2.5 build 21876

Ok I am playing with the rom now. Seeing that this is Calk's kitchen I know that I am going to have a problem right off the bat: the battery. For some reason that 1% battery driver doesn't work for me because I use my phone a lot. Anyway it got me thinking of a way to fix this and I think I am on to something big:

I installed Fdc Task manager, ran it to stop dci battery. Then I deleted it from Windows\startup as well as deleted from MyDevice\program files. Then I snatched up the battery.dll from silence's kitchen and replaced the one in Windows. Then after a soft reset, I was happy to see that my battery wasn't dying so quickly. Hmmn, I wonder if my battery would last even longer with Psyki's battery.dll, maybe from his 6/29 rom. I think I used to get like 12hrs out that bad boy. My experiment continues... For anyone who is interested, here are the files I used, I think you'll be happy with the result:
Attached Files
File Type: cab FDC Task Manager.cab (235.9 KB, 49 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Aww crap! I don't think I'm allowed to attach dlls.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Ok here we go
Attached Files
File Type: rar battery.rar (232.2 KB, 79 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Let me do a test on the mms issue and I'll get back with you on that. As far as quick GPS I noticed the same thing after activesync. It must be the sync GPS location option inside quick GPS. I will find a fix.

I got rid of that QuickGPS error by installing sdkcerts cab then reinstalling Quick GPS. Worked after a soft-reset
Attached Files
File Type: cab dcd QuickGPS 1_00_18221120_0.cab (2.23 MB, 69 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab sdkcerts.cab (4.6 KB, 39 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Sixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

nuff said!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casiopeia E100,Sprint Apache,Sprint TP,TP2,EVO
Carrier: Sprint

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work

Ummmm.......loving it! No problems so far. What happened to NFS?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I'll get back on here a little later this weekend and respond to all you guys. I've got to got to work and its gonna have me tied up for the whole day.

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
Old 01-22-2010, 07:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

xmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by accessing View Post
I got rid of that QuickGPS error by installing sdkcerts cab then reinstalling Quick GPS. Worked after a soft-reset

Thanks for the help with the gps error... I was gonna do the battery.dll swap.. but I'm sort of fresh to dealing with the internal "os" structure and didn't know exactly where to copy the new one.

I however did see a boost in memory by removing the dci battery and querty memory... looks nice and was functional.. but I'm getting better performance without it.

Also.. Your signature about all your cabs... has got me wondering just what you have and how I could get my hands on em. It's not every day that I find another tp user with a good amount of cabs.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

dlee83 is becoming a great contributor

Testing out your ROM!

I see 2 colored bars on the top and bottom of the taskbar. I know the top is for battery. What's the bottom one for?
Old 01-22-2010, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

dlee83 is becoming a great contributor

Wow just need to say, your ROM is EXTREMELY fast and smooth! I think the fastest and smoothest 2.5 ROM I've ever used!

Love the bg4all tabs! Will keep testing and post feedback/bugs!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development