PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: all of them
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

nextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [1-13] NxP "ReBirth" Rev1.0 23518 Sense 2.5 **Psyki Core**

Sense 2.1 is NOT the old "Sense" ... It is the "New" extension of the "old" touch flo manila. There are benifits and disadvantages to both. 2.5 has the weather animations and better facekook integration. 2.1 has landscape and much better "mod" support. At the end of the day ... Sense 2.1 is lighter on ram.

The white box issue .... I dont know man...Losing different ways to sat the same thing. Draw a line from the white box to exception... YOU WILL SEE THE LINE.... welcome to xhook... Re-read post 2

The pink menu's lol... what??? Real men cant rock pink??? =P I am sure and 6.5.x compatible theme will take care of the issue. The next 2.5 series will have a new theme, that may be a bit off in the future though. Building a sense 2.1 now for sure. I still dont LIKE it... but the 128 mb free off reboot + better BASE manila mods means i got to give it a spin. Its Soooo much easier than 2.5

##data# ... Well dont that SUCK!!! I'm running 2.1 now but epst package is the same. You can call up the feild trial app manually for now through windows... THANKS!!! Lets keep killin those bugs!!!

Last edited by nextpimp; 01-15-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Darrenbcc is a n00b

You're doing great man, I wouldn't have the patience you have to say things over n over again when people only need just to read the first few posts...like usual. Can't wait to see the 2.1, but as for now, still rockin Rebirth!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC-6800, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

miakayuuki is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextpimp View Post
Now @mia ... Thanks for the feedback, Now you understand a bit how things work LOL. And an educated user is a happy user I say. The No roaming icon issue MAY be my fault. Im Boost CDMA so I CANT ROAM so i didnt cook in the RMGR sys package (Roaming Manager). I will include in next update... please report back if the change works. Cooking for the masses now LOL. I would have bet $$ that I saw 3.. well 2 wifi icons in the taskbar and the wifisharing icon in xtask, (to TOTAL 3) when i used wifi-netsharing for testing. But now i cant reproduce the issue, I only see 2. 1 tskbar and 1 tskmgr ??? Makes me think bad flash ... especially with you reporting wifi being ON after first flash???
To clarify, Wifi was not on after the flash, it was in fact off, everywhere, no sharing, no wifi, no special settings, that is what I was attempting to convey. The fact that it seemed wierd that the indicator would be on after a clean install (Done via boot loader/Memory Card on an FCed image file - files matched) when nothing should have been enabled by default. After your mention of the Roaming package, I would bet that is where our issue is at. It certainly makes sense. Also, is there a package that would accommodate the Rev.A icon? It is by no means required, but would be nice.

Another comment, I noticed once I enabled my bluetooth headset the bluetooth icon that sits on the bar at the top sits half over the another icon. Again, no functionality issues, just an annoyance.

Lastly, I have noticed that after the end of a call, or a system sound when I have my bluetooth headset on and enabled, the phone will continue to transmit dead air noise to the headset as a light hiss for up to 30 seconds before it discontinues. Again, just an annoyance.

I really appreciate all the hard work you have put into this rom, I hope this info helps you out. If there is more that I can do, please let me know.

Mia

p.s. I just noticed as I slid the keyboard out, when in landscape mode, the bluetooth icon is displayed twice. There is only one shown for about 3 seconds, then a second one appears in that mode, it returns to the state described above once the keyboard is slid in again.

Last edited by miakayuuki; 01-15-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE

Nextpimp,

Ive got these 2 cabs, dont know if it might help:

Attachment 55827

Attachment 55828

one is for roaming, and one for data. heck it out when you have a chance.

Last edited by GIZELLE; 02-07-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok guys.. Im flashed back to the release... Sense 2.1 is gonna be SIMPLE compred to this.

@darren .... lol I know. I mentioned I used to teach... But like... Its the second post. Properly titled LOL.

@mia. Someone with a headset!!! I am not alone...lol. I can definetly play with the audio gateway a bit and see what i come up with. If the second bletooth icon is blue... its just xhook repositioning. be careful in landscape.... that may freeze phone!!! Lastly, if you find any 6.5.x taskbar icon sets that look ok and have the rev-a icon included (or find) send me a link and I'll give them a look see

The preceding sent FROM the phone... thats usually when my spelling gets horendous...LOL

Last edited by nextpimp; 01-15-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Boost CDMA

cymbalmonkey is a n00b

chill folks... I read the whole thread, I just didn't catch the "exceptions" part. Also, the screenshots don't have the generic white box icon that I had, but whatever it is, it's now in the exceptions area.

Thanks for the clarification on the whole 2.1/2.5 thing. That all makes sense now.

Real men can definitely rock pink, but I thought a black or green theme would go quite well with that gorgeous background that you have on the main menu.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE
Thumbs up Re: [ROM] [1-13] NxP "ReBirth" Rev1.0 23518 Sense 2.5 **Psyki Core**

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbalmonkey View Post
chill folks... I read the whole thread, I just didn't catch the "exceptions" part. Also, the screenshots don't have the generic white box icon that I had, but whatever it is, it's now in the exceptions area.

Thanks for the clarification on the whole 2.1/2.5 thing. That all makes sense now.

Real men can definitely rock pink, but I thought a black or green theme would go quite well with that gorgeous background that you have on the main menu.
Well said!!! Pink is UNISEX today!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:04 AM
Lurker

Droobie is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Droobie Send a message via MSN to Droobie Send a message via Yahoo to Droobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scicarb View Post
Droobie, I have experienced that on Sense 2.5 if you enable auto-update on the weather tab you will experience random lock-ups and resets. Do a hard reset, and setup your phone as normal but DO NOT enable auto update on the weather tab. I hope you'll find, as I have, that the phone will be much more reliable.
Thanks for the tip scicarb. Went back to the Psyki Final because I wasn't patient enough to wait for the link for nextpimp's update

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextpimp View Post
thanks I notice drobies post references the original version of the rom ... that came from the old kitchen... ||...I would ask that you try it out with my rom and report the results.
nextpimp, next time I'm up for a round of flashing, I'll give your second ROM a try (or maybe you'll have something even NEWER by then ). I can't wait -- seems like you do pretty good work.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Glad you guys like the rom.... I wont be on as much today as i usually have been.... Sense 2.1 still in the works and KEEP KILLIN THOSE BUGS. I'm still here!!!

*Note 2 self** Cook next batch Without ADC and With RMGR. ADC= Automatic data connection ... may be the root of the epst issue.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Boost CDMA

cymbalmonkey is a n00b

Noticed a couple small issues...

No auto-complete of contacts' names in creating a new text message. This was included in the stock ROM... you'd start typing someone's name and it would suggest who. Might have something to do with using swype instead of stock keyboard?

Swype doesn't understand ebonics. I can't say fo sho without it saying do so. Meh.

Final small issue, doesn't automatically have cursor active in text fields. i.e. when I get a text, to type back, I have to tap the text field first to type... not a big deal at all, just different from old stock rom.

Despite my new found love for swype, I'm going to try another software keyboard to see if it helps these issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development